It looks like Versus XIII may not be renamed FFXV...

#11ParappaTheHATERPosted 5/26/2013 12:07:07 AM
Why not just call it Final Fantasy Versus, the first in the Versus line?
---
XboxLive Dinosaur Xtreme
SSBB 0860-2901-7271
#12bksonic123Posted 5/26/2013 4:09:41 AM
Did SE ever deny that the game was renamed to FFXV? I know they said that fake trailer was fake, but they never said it was no going to be called XV (unless I missed something, if someone would be kind enough to link me).

Also, I remember Kitase saying that the next numbered FF title may be more action-oriented than before, though this may have been him implying that the FFXIII gameplay is the way of the future, and this was also back in 2011 so things may have changed.

http://gematsu.com/2011/11/kitase-final-fantasy-xv-could-be-an-action-rpg

But yes, it's unlikely to be called Versus XIII and I actually think it will more likely be called Versus, much like the Type-0 rename.
#13theofficefan99Posted 5/26/2013 7:26:33 AM
I really don't think that means anything
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#14theofficefan99Posted 5/26/2013 7:38:32 AM
bksonic123 posted...
Did SE ever deny that the game was renamed to FFXV? I know they said that fake trailer was fake, but they never said it was no going to be called XV (unless I missed something, if someone would be kind enough to link me).

Also, I remember Kitase saying that the next numbered FF title may be more action-oriented than before, though this may have been him implying that the FFXIII gameplay is the way of the future, and this was also back in 2011 so things may have changed.

http://gematsu.com/2011/11/kitase-final-fantasy-xv-could-be-an-action-rpg

But yes, it's unlikely to be called Versus XIII and I actually think it will more likely be called Versus, much like the Type-0 rename.

I don't understand why people say this. Changing this game's name to "Final Fantasy Versus" would be the dumbest move on Earth. This is going to be the most expensive FF to date and with that name, people will mistake it for a fighting game.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#15bksonic123Posted 5/26/2013 8:14:24 AM
I haven't played all of the main FF games but I'm pretty sure none of them are set in the same universe (and only share their universes with side games). If this is the case, then wouldn't it be unusual for two numbered FF games to be set within the same universe?
#16theofficefan99Posted 5/26/2013 8:24:11 AM
bksonic123 posted...
I haven't played all of the main FF games but I'm pretty sure none of them are set in the same universe (and only share their universes with side games). If this is the case, then wouldn't it be unusual for two numbered FF games to be set within the same universe?

VII and X are. XII uses the same world as Tactics.

XIII and this game do not take place in the same universe, they just share the same basic mythos.
---
#17bksonic123Posted 5/26/2013 8:39:54 AM(edited)
My apologies. I read that they shared the same mythology and assumed they were in the same universe.

theofficefan99 posted...
VII and X are.

To be honest, they pretty much just fudged this in due to the popularity of both of the games, though this is not worth debating over.

Honestly, whatever this game is called, I'm sure we wouldn't care. We just want to play it.
#18MagnaderAlphaPosted 5/26/2013 10:17:59 AM
Well, sometimes developers secure more than one domain name for a certain game just some other people can't jump on and secure it before them. A lot of times, when the site's finally up and ready to go, all the additional domains just redirect you to the main site. So, technically, it could go either way. Even if they change the name to "Final Fantasy Versus", they'll still want to hold on to the Versus XIII domain names because it keeps others from acquiring those domains and they can always use them to redirect to the main site, and vice versa if it's still being called Versus XIII with sites that only use "Versus".