[Rumor] Versus called as "Final Fantasy Versus", no XIII

#21Seiko_NurashimaPosted 5/26/2013 8:54:18 AM
I'm gonna be watching E3 thanks to Spike TV and if Square tries to sell last mission as a 20 dollar dlc I will be mad. On a different note I wanted type 0 ported to ps3 anyway so I actually wouldnt.mind if that was true
#22MagnaderAlphaPosted 5/26/2013 10:10:41 AM
I'm not putting my tally for the "legit" side just yet, but the rumor is enticing. We DO know Square DID recently file the trademare "Final Fantasy Agito". Now, this is a rumor, Blood Mask is BELIEVED to be whatever THIS is:

http://i.imgur.com/XjTGCis.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/C23hEnG.png

And I can definitely see some sort of Castlvania(LOS)/DMC style of gameplay with ARPG elements(that's just me, though).

And, while I'm probably going to call complete and utter BS on the FFXV description, the idea of a CLASSIC FF world(one that looks like FFIV) in HD is probably the most enticing to me, especially considering it's an OFFLINE game(unlike the other modern takes on "traditional FF worlds" like FFXI and FFXIV, which were MMORPGs). I've said this before, I still want to see a classic FF world in HD, even if that means we get just one less super sci-fi FF game.
#23dkgerbil2Posted 5/26/2013 10:29:23 AM
theofficefan99 posted...
Zangetsu223 posted...
UltimaXOmega posted...
If Versus is still a PS3 game I'm not buying it.
Also Final Fantasy XV sounds absolutely horrible and it's not a PS4 exclusive?
If this is true then E3 is a massively disappointment.

So you expect Versus on PS4 right . You have money to buy PS4 but many people don't have enough money

http://onlineofflinejournalist.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/troll.png

Then save up money and get over it. You know we've been transitioning to the next gen for a while now.

Indeed, because "save up and get over it" as applicable to every individual. Forget college expenses, rent, food, children, etc., everything except saving up for that shiny PS4 that's coming out. I mean, I'm terribly sorry that anyone might prefer having a game that they're exciting about come out for a console they already have when they know they won't be able to afford a new console in the near future. Not to mention we haven't even touched the availability of jobs for everyone. Some gamers need more than one job just to get by (when they struggle to find one in the first place), let alone save up for a video game console.

If anyone needs a clear example of what a privileged individual is, I've found the perfect specimen. I'm not sure how old you are, where you live, etc., but you are a bit out of touch with the reality of life for some people and to so ignorantly comment on them is simply disgusting, honestly.
---
All my friends are in bar bands.
#24theofficefan99Posted 5/26/2013 11:01:02 AM
dkgerbil2 posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
Zangetsu223 posted...
UltimaXOmega posted...
If Versus is still a PS3 game I'm not buying it.
Also Final Fantasy XV sounds absolutely horrible and it's not a PS4 exclusive?
If this is true then E3 is a massively disappointment.

So you expect Versus on PS4 right . You have money to buy PS4 but many people don't have enough money

http://onlineofflinejournalist.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/troll.png

Then save up money and get over it. You know we've been transitioning to the next gen for a while now.

Indeed, because "save up and get over it" as applicable to every individual. Forget college expenses, rent, food, children, etc., everything except saving up for that shiny PS4 that's coming out. I mean, I'm terribly sorry that anyone might prefer having a game that they're exciting about come out for a console they already have when they know they won't be able to afford a new console in the near future. Not to mention we haven't even touched the availability of jobs for everyone. Some gamers need more than one job just to get by (when they struggle to find one in the first place), let alone save up for a video game console.

If anyone needs a clear example of what a privileged individual is, I've found the perfect specimen. I'm not sure how old you are, where you live, etc., but you are a bit out of touch with the reality of life for some people and to so ignorantly comment on them is simply disgusting, honestly.

You will have more than a year's worth of notice by the time this game is out. Plenty of time to save up money. Don't call me disgusting just because I'm pointing out that there's plenty of time to save up money. I'm not in a great spot myself money wise either but I'm not complaining because I have a lot of time to save up.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#25heartlesshero17Posted 5/26/2013 11:31:07 AM
MagnaderAlpha posted...
I'm not putting my tally for the "legit" side just yet, but the rumor is enticing. We DO know Square DID recently file the trademare "Final Fantasy Agito". Now, this is a rumor, Blood Mask is BELIEVED to be whatever THIS is:

http://i.imgur.com/XjTGCis.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/C23hEnG.png

And I can definitely see some sort of Castlvania(LOS)/DMC style of gameplay with ARPG elements(that's just me, though).

And, while I'm probably going to call complete and utter BS on the FFXV description, the idea of a CLASSIC FF world(one that looks like FFIV) in HD is probably the most enticing to me, especially considering it's an OFFLINE game(unlike the other modern takes on "traditional FF worlds" like FFXI and FFXIV, which were MMORPGs). I've said this before, I still want to see a classic FF world in HD, even if that means we get just one less super sci-fi FF game.

Just wanted to point this out, but if this rumor is true that is most likely NOT the action rpg you are referring to. Remember at the time SE announced TWO action rpgs. The one you posted which supposedly could be next gen depending on the schedule from the words of SE themselves, and the other made with the unity engine that was confirmed for vita and ps3. Considering that picture was part of the unreal engine action rpg news that had no mention of vita and this rumor mentions vita like the unity rpg did, this would not be the same game
---
I'll eat a sock if VersusXIII is actually a mind blowing game.
-PainsPerception
#26dkgerbil2Posted 5/26/2013 11:34:19 AM
theofficefan99 posted...
You will have more than a year's worth of notice by the time this game is out. Plenty of time to save up money. Don't call me disgusting just because I'm pointing out that there's plenty of time to save up money. I'm not in a great spot myself money wise either but I'm not complaining because I have a lot of time to save up.

The thing you're just not grasping is that the amount of time someone has to save up doesn't necessarily change anything. I undoubtedly spend more money per year than you earn in that same time span because expenses simply keep growing and growing. I'm lucky to walk away with twenty dollars saved at the end of the month, so I generally do not have the money for gaming in general. The money that I do save is generally kept safe for when an unfortunate (but likely) issue comes up with my work and I'm in need of some cash quickly. The few games that I do buy are special cases that I've, generally speaking, been looking forward to for a long time, like Versus. It's feasible for me to save the $60 for a new game in the time between a release date being confirmed and the game being released, but it is certainly not feasible for me to do the same with a new console. It would take me several years of consistent saving to reach the estimated price of a PS4 and I'm sorry, but even if I was entirely dedicated to the idea, the livelihood of myself and those I support comes far ahead of my hobbies.

Your privilege dictates your ability to believe that others should "suck it up" and save. You clearly do not understand what being in a REAL financial bind means and you truly sound like a teenager whose parents rolled back on their handouts and is having difficulty finding a summer job. Again, I have no proof that you are, in fact, a teenager, nor do I know your situation. I'm simply saying that you are horribly misguided if you believe everyone has the ability to save up for something just because they have a year or two or three to do so. Your situation is not a mirror image of everyone's and you need to understand that before you tell people to stop complaining, whining, etc.
---
All my friends are in bar bands.
#27yeah_93Posted 5/26/2013 12:12:38 PM
Good thing E3 is coming, I don't think I can get through this pile of bs otherwise.
---
Objectivity
#28IshramTheWrathPosted 5/26/2013 12:21:47 PM
^I'm broke as **** these days, but that's not what bothers me about these PS4 fanatics. What bothers me is that now that the PS4 is confirmed to exist, (we haven't even seen the final build yet) these people act like the PS3 is a piece of **** with no merits. They give me the very vivid notion that they are fad chasing, interested in the PS4 simply because it's new and shiny. We know next to nothing about the actual finished hardware, and these people are already committed to tossing their PS3 right in the garbage, and buying a PS4 day one. They then proceed to criticize anyone with the "audacity" to argue for a proven platform.
---
Toriyama Motomu is the Uwe Boll of video games.
#29theofficefan99Posted 5/26/2013 12:24:40 PM
dkgerbil2 posted...
theofficefan99 posted...

The thing you're just not grasping is that the amount of time someone has to save up doesn't necessarily change anything. I undoubtedly spend more money per year than you earn in that same time span because expenses simply keep growing and growing. I'm lucky to walk away with twenty dollars saved at the end of the month, so I generally do not have the money for gaming in general. The money that I do save is generally kept safe for when an unfortunate (but likely) issue comes up with my work and I'm in need of some cash quickly. The few games that I do buy are special cases that I've, generally speaking, been looking forward to for a long time, like Versus. It's feasible for me to save the $60 for a new game in the time between a release date being confirmed and the game being released, but it is certainly not feasible for me to do the same with a new console. It would take me several years of consistent saving to reach the estimated price of a PS4 and I'm sorry, but even if I was entirely dedicated to the idea, the livelihood of myself and those I support comes far ahead of my hobbies.

Your privilege dictates your ability to believe that others should "suck it up" and save. You clearly do not understand what being in a REAL financial bind means and you truly sound like a teenager whose parents rolled back on their handouts and is having difficulty finding a summer job. Again, I have no proof that you are, in fact, a teenager, nor do I know your situation. I'm simply saying that you are horribly misguided if you believe everyone has the ability to save up for something just because they have a year or two or three to do so. Your situation is not a mirror image of everyone's and you need to understand that before you tell people to stop complaining, whining, etc.

I understand what you're saying and where you're coming from and I respect you for not guessing my financial situation, but I'm not going to change my stance. Renaming this FFXV, getting it funded by Sony, and making it a PS4 exclusive will be the best thing possible for this game in pretty much every way. It'll give the game more sales and it'll make the game better because the PS4 is far more powerful.

The reason as to why I wrote that comment in the first place is because many people are complaining about the potential move to the PS4 when that's, in fact, the best thing for this game. It's, for lack of a better term, "selfish" of them to say so, because they don't want the best for this game because they don't want to buy a new console. A lot of the people on here buy games quite frequently, and can instead use that money to save up for a PS4. We have known that next gen is coming since the Wii U's reveal in 2011, and specifically the PS4's since February, and that's plenty of time to save up money on the side.

I sounded quite stuck-up and condescending in my original comment, but I was just trying to convey that we've had more than a year's worth of notice to save up money and next gen was bound to arrive and of course SE would jump on board, so the best thing to do is to save up money.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#30DarknessXSeekerPosted 5/26/2013 12:33:49 PM
Wow that is a big list full of things that SE knows we all want, and that proves this is 100% fake.
---
"You're gonna get shown the door, old man."