More details on Square Enix' Future Strategy

#1ExentrykPosted 5/26/2013 7:34:47 PM
http://www.hd.square-enix.com/eng/news/pdf/20130527_01en.pdf

It is important to consider how to change business models in light of rigidity from the perspective of pricing, and I believe that the transformation to online titles and the diversification of profit opportunities is the key.

While we have stated this before, we intend to pursue this with further intensity going forward

One could go as far as to say that in today's times, making customers wait for years with little to no information is being dishonest to them. We're no longer in an age where customers are left in the dark until a product is completed. We need to shift to a business model where we frequently interact with our customers for our products that are
in development and/or prior to being sold, have our customers understand games under development, and finally make sure we develop games that meet their expectations.

Valve's Steam Greenlight and Early Access, are also very interesting, in that they raise the frequency by which we interact with customers, increasing their engagement and reflecting customer needs. We are also looking at what initiatives are possible from this perspective. What should we present to our customers before a game is finished, how can our customers enjoy this, and how do we connect this to profitability, is something we are thinking about
implementing, and which can improve our asset turn over in the process.

On the basis of the progress of recent devices,moving forward we are thinking to push into publishing games on smart phones and tablets, which we had hitherto only published on game consoles, in particular our strong point of single player, story driven games, etc. I have already given these instructions to our development teams, and we are moving ahead with this effort.

Until now we have published games on these devices such as remakes of our old titles or turning our old franchises into social games, but going forward, in addition to these efforts,
we will create new game titles of similar type.

Of course, we will continue to invest in flagship titles that showcase our technological prowess, pursuing high-end game quality, and which can earn profits on a global basis. Regarding a number of these types of titles, we will share information with everyone at this year's E3

Finally, I believe that there is no surprise strategy or magic bullet that can recover business performance.

We provide entertainment content to our customers. I believe it is important to go back to the basics,to provide our customers with content they enjoy, and to establish a long-term relationship with our customers. In the end, that is the shortest way to serve the best interest of our shareholders. Our creators are growing to become capable of taking on such roles.

It's a good read.

I like how they plan to be more open with their customers and to go back to their roots. Let's see how they execute it now.
---
Veni, Vidi, Dormivi.
#2yeah_93Posted 5/26/2013 7:46:24 PM
Considering that's exactly the opposite of what they have done during these years, I really hope they see the errors of their ways and implement those views.
---
Objectivity
#3adnancool13Posted 5/26/2013 7:47:02 PM
He's obviously not talking about Versus

*rolls eyes* >.>
---
The Official Chauffeur of the Versus XIII Board
#4Seiko_NurashimaPosted 5/26/2013 8:04:39 PM
adnancool13 posted...
He's obviously not talking about Versus

*rolls eyes* >.>

Sounds like he's directly talking about VS lol
#5matt091282Posted 5/26/2013 8:51:35 PM
"One could go as far as to say that in today's times, making customers wait for years with little to no information is being dishonest to them. We're no longer in an age where customers are left in the dark until a product is completed. We need to shift to a business model where we frequently interact with our customers for our products that are
in development and/or prior to being sold..."

Wow, this is such a rudimentary thing. Every game company does this. lol They are just figuring this is important now?

Well, with the moves that have been made over the last year or so with this company, hopefully they are back on the rise and out of the slump they've been in. I think they are, but time will tell.
#6zombie_basher13Posted 5/26/2013 9:17:03 PM
Sounds great. Yet more hope this game will show up at E3 (though I'm still not expecting it).
---
Look alive, you fools.
#7ichigohollowXPosted 5/26/2013 10:06:52 PM
We"ll see if they can keep their word. A good start will be showing us Versus at E3 with atleast the year its gonna come out. If not, this is nothing but corporate B.S that they're telling us everything they want us to hear.
---
Nobody can survive without God. God knows our pain, our feelings, our wants and needs. However us humans have to realize, nothing God does is an instance.
#8FFT-FanPosted 5/26/2013 10:20:04 PM
Sounds great if they stick with it
#9BIG_C_4_LIFEPosted 5/26/2013 10:25:12 PM
So does this mean they are going to stop being dicks when it comes to Versus info
---
(Currently thinking of a clever and original signature...... this could take a ****ing while)
#10theofficefan99Posted 5/26/2013 10:29:59 PM
As if there wasn't enough proof, yes, guys, this game is going to show up at E3.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin