I think I'm done buying Square games.

#31zUkUuPosted 1/17/2013 9:34:42 AM
rpggamer29 posted...
zUkUu posted...
Ecclesiastes273 posted...
Haven't handed money to S-E since '06. Not changing my ways anytime soon. Capcom is at least as bastardly, but it at least churns out games worth buying every now and then.

wait - you didn't played NieR? O__O

I hated Nier. I rented it and never even went to its board. Don't tell me that game is respected.

Best game of this gen. it becomes a master piece later on.
your loss.
#32heartlesshero17Posted 1/17/2013 10:19:09 AM
rpggamer29 posted...
zUkUu posted...
Haven't handed money to S-E since '06. Not changing my ways anytime soon. Capcom is at least as bastardly, but it at least churns out games worth buying every now and then.

I hated Nier. I rented it and never even went to its board. Don't tell me that game is respected.

It is. Not cause of its gameplay though. Story, characters, and especially the music is the source of that game's love
---
I'll eat a sock if VersusXIII is actually a mind blowing game.
-PainsPerception
#33jmichaelbpPosted 1/17/2013 10:37:52 AM
Original this topic is.
---
"Ask not for whom the bell tolls... it tolls for thee." - In memory of Chuck, the wisest boxcar hobo of all time from Telltale's The Walking Dead.
#34zombie_basher13Posted 1/17/2013 10:52:51 AM
heartlesshero17 posted...
rpggamer29 posted...
zUkUu posted...

It is. Not cause of its gameplay though. Story, characters, and especially the music is the source of that game's love

A game shouldn't be loved if it isn't a good GAME.
---
Look alive, you fools.
#35zUkUuPosted 1/17/2013 11:04:00 AM(edited)
zombie_basher13 posted...
heartlesshero17 posted...
rpggamer29 posted...
zUkUu posted...

A game shouldn't be loved if it isn't a good GAME.

Final Fantasy VII says high? or Waking Dead? or Limbo? or...

seriously, if think a game can only be considered good when the gameplay is superb you've no clue. That's like saying a movie is good when it looks good, because that would mean Transformers would be a frigging great movie...

NieR's gameplay is enjoyable, just nothing too special. However, the story, characters, music, emotions, narration etc are all among the very best of all time.
#36MoonlightJustPosted 1/17/2013 3:06:13 PM
Except that at least VII has good gameplay. Don't get me wrong, I'm actually not disagreeing with you, the gameplay isn't everything but it is important. Its rare, but I have hit games that had interesting stories, but had such horrid gameplay that I had to stop.

More to what you said though, I never sae NieR as this great masterpiece. I thought it was pretty good to really good...right up to the last half hour when everyhing flies apart. It had me right up until then. Then it went all...M'Night on you. "WHAT A TWIST!" Just made me groan. Some of it you saw coming. Some of it was just dumb.

It does, however, win points for having the cahones to delete your entire game out of existence.
#37KintaroOekunPosted 1/17/2013 5:33:16 PM
lol You've been waiting for this long already, why give up now? It won't make a difference. Trust me , at release , you'll be one of the buyers of this game :)
---
KintaroOekun:D
D'Alar Este Kaz' taRov
#38heartlesshero17Posted 1/17/2013 5:46:55 PM
KintaroOekun posted...
lol You've been waiting for this long already, why give up now? It won't make a difference. Trust me , at release , you'll be one of the buyers of this game :)

I dunno man. Ya never know what can happen. I waited the long wait for Duke nukem forever. Ended up never getting it. Kinda just lost interest after awhile
---
I'll eat a sock if VersusXIII is actually a mind blowing game.
-PainsPerception