Well, it finally happened...TB RPG's are dead

#1ManaYukaPosted 6/12/2013 8:52:23 AM
I said long ago, that FF needs to imitate Devil may Cry just put it into a RPG setting with towns/NPC's etc. in order to evolve or move forward, and it was met with visceral hate. I even suggested than any FFVII remake will also be remade fully into an action game, thinking they would not spend that kind of money on something only 90's fans would enjoy.

Here it is, a fully, seemingly capable action RPG with Devil May Cry like combat (even with the ability to trade blows with enemies!), with manual dodging, manueving, positioning, etc

FF said it was going to evolve after the FFXIII disaster saying no more FF games will be like that, but now they are saying just becuase XV is an ARPG it means nothing for XVI, but thats kinda a half truth. Really they are testing the waters; if XV sells well, FF will be a ARPG forever.

I cant wait till Nomura recreates FFVII in this same ARPG style.....its going to piss off people but itll bring in so much more. Hell all of the FF games should be remade in a action RPG style, those battle systems have so much more depth and fuctionality as long as their done right. And side not people thinking ARPG games are without "strategy" are foolish. Play Dark souls, or something well done. Theres so much depth in preparing for battle; from choice of weapons which you have to factor in stamina/AOE, Range, Functionality(stab/slash) manuverabilty/weight, etc.

Turn based RPG's were very basic, that's why Ito freely admitted they resorted to it in the NES days; cause they couldn't implement fully action with the limit of the NES hardware. Those days are over, in order to meet the gaming standards of today, Action RPG is the only way forward, it has more depth than those turn based games, which is what fans want.
---
Best show: Game of Thrones Best game: Tactics Ogre Let us Cling Together
Favorite People- Carl Sagan and Neil deGrasse Tyson
#2zodiac_swordPosted 6/12/2013 8:53:42 AM
Not if that statement they made in the Q & A is true.
---
What do you think it means when a girl leaves a fake mustache at your house?
#3Panda_KunPosted 6/12/2013 8:54:12 AM
I play Pokeymanz to get my TB fix.
---
The Official Pancham of Every F******* Board
"I will eat crow if Versus XIII does not show up at E3." -theofficefan99
#4TiaelPosted 6/12/2013 8:54:51 AM
SMT, DQ, and things like BDFF show that turn based isn't dead.
There's room for both, and FF has experimented before.
---
Now in HD: Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality.
Dragon Quest>Ys=SMT=Tales>Final Fantasy, but I enjoy all five.
#5ChipNoirPosted 6/12/2013 8:55:08 AM
ManaYuka posted...
I said long ago, that FF needs to imitate Devil may Cry just put it into a RPG setting with towns/NPC's etc. in order to evolve or move forward, and it was met with visceral hate. I even suggested than any FFVII remake will also be remade fully into an action game, thinking they would not spend that kind of money on something only 90's fans would enjoy.

Here it is, a fully, seemingly capable action RPG with Devil May Cry like combat (even with the ability to trade blows with enemies!), with manual dodging, manueving, positioning, etc

FF said it was going to evolve after the FFXIII disaster saying no more FF games will be like that, but now they are saying just becuase XV is an ARPG it means nothing for XVI, but thats kinda a half truth. Really they are testing the waters; if XV sells well, FF will be a ARPG forever.

I cant wait till Nomura recreates FFVII in this same ARPG style.....its going to piss off people but itll bring in so much more. Hell all of the FF games should be remade in a action RPG style, those battle systems have so much more depth and fuctionality as long as their done right. And side not people thinking ARPG games are without "strategy" are foolish. Play Dark souls, or something well done. Theres so much depth in preparing for battle; from choice of weapons which you have to factor in stamina/AOE, Range, Functionality(stab/slash) manuverabilty/weight, etc.

Turn based RPG's were very basic, that's why Ito freely admitted they resorted to it in the NES days; cause they couldn't implement fully action with the limit of the NES hardware. Those days are over, in order to meet the gaming standards of today, Action RPG is the only way forward, it has more depth than those turn based games, which is what fans want.

You just sound like you have a really big boner for ARPGs. You're not very good at selling your point.

Do you need a tissue after all that?
---
The official Kefka. I hate you all.
#6XenilPosted 6/12/2013 8:56:06 AM
You have a limited imagination if you think ARPGs are the only way forward.
#7CranberryTacoPosted 6/12/2013 8:57:49 AM
I dont mind at all. Just keep the traditional elements and we're good to go.
---
Slick Musician /DJ/ Versus XIII/XV [>R&B> NU Jack Swing >House>UK Music> Dubstep is where it went wrong
#8JonnywestsidePosted 6/12/2013 8:58:22 AM
FFXIII battles sucked because of autobattle your only input was role shifting, doesn't mean TBC is dead.
---
GT - JONNYWESTSIDE
#9kupo1705Posted 6/12/2013 8:59:39 AM
NES RPGs were basic, this means they can never evolve past this.

What.
#10Hello4438Posted 6/12/2013 8:59:53 AM
Jonnywestside posted...
FFXIII battles sucked because of autobattle your only input was role shifting, doesn't mean TBC is dead.

Autobattle was a choice. You chose not to have any input.