Final Fantasy XV General Information and FAQs.

#91Shad0wg00nPosted 7/10/2013 8:31:01 PMmessage detail
Actually looking forward to this...
#92gamewarrior88Posted 7/11/2013 4:56:35 PMmessage detail
Shad0wg00n posted...
Actually looking forward to this...

Agreed. The most I've been excited for an entry in the series in a while.
---
-----------------------------------------------
In this world, there was only one way...the Valmanway. But now, there is a better way...the Valmanway +1.
#93kirusuPosted 7/15/2013 1:34:51 PMmessage detail
ZeroBeatt posted...
kirusu posted...
so i have to have noctis in my party constantly, and i cannot switch out like i did in type-0? once again it still amazes me how a handheld system gameplay can still top the console ones lol.

Glad someone sees the greatness in Type-0.

its sad because type-0 is on a handheld system and a console system should apply have more power than a handheld yes? then why is a handheld defeating a console system in terms of gameplay aspecs. sure i will say that after completing i was not really impressed, but the game proved to be looking for in the next generation. its gameplay was kind of unrivaled and defeated most action rpgs out there. too much was going on for type-0 that you can easily grasp and understand. it was truly a wonderful game to play through. its no annoyance that crisis core put out, but that was fun once you got past its storyline and just went on the missions.
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3aacvZJeK1qb1m9to1_500.gif
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bu2O4_pacok
#94RomangeloPosted 7/18/2013 4:44:26 AMmessage detail
Question: Why FFXV has a terrible setting like that?
---
X > V > T > VI > XII > XIII-2 > Type-0 > VIII > VII > X-2 > TLR > XIII > IV > IX > II > III > I > XV
#95SwcloudPosted 7/18/2013 5:06:31 AMmessage detail
Romangelo posted...
Question: Why FFXV has a terrible setting like that?

More important question: Why are you trying to troll?
#96_WILPETER_LAO_Posted 7/24/2013 1:08:00 AMmessage detail
Oh good!Another FF crap.
---
Join my group on facebook "GAMEMASTERS" http://www.facebook.com/groups/150395051724806/
#97DrakoVongola1Posted 7/29/2013 5:34:29 PMmessage detail
Exentryk posted...
Xenosheart posted...
When did we learn that it's game over if Noct dies?

http://gematsu.com/2011/01/nomura-talks-final-fantasy-versus-xiii
The party can have up to three members in battle. Noctis is mandatory, but the other two spots are filled by the player’s choice. In the beginning of the game, for tutorial and story purposes, the player won’t have a choice as to who’ll tag along. Players will, in time, gain the ability to choose. When in battle, players can switch between the three characters. Even so, if Noctis dies, it’s game over.

God I hope they change that. That's just a horrible idea unless the AI is godly in this game. Hell, it's still a bad idea. It discourages switching away from Noctis because you can't ensure he'll live if you're not being him :/
---
Official leader of the Illuminati.
#98SwcloudPosted 7/29/2013 5:40:55 PMmessage detail
Swcloud posted...
http://www.novacrystallis.com/2013/07/nomura-dicusses-final-fantasy-xv-character-design-decisions-more/

There you go.

^
Read the topic. We went over this already.
#99The_HavokPosted 8/6/2013 7:11:40 PMmessage detail
Was I the only one who felt like seeing a new Devil May Cry instead of a new FF? From the E3 trailer it looks a lot more an action game than an "RPG" (granted that FF13 was very little RPGish as well).

MONEY MONEY MONEY, IT'S SO FUNNY, IN A RICH MAN's WORLD!
---
It seems to me I could live my life a lot better than I think I am. I guess that's why they call me, they call me the workin' man"
#100FFT-FanPosted 8/6/2013 10:23:22 PMmessage detail
kirusu posted...
ZeroBeatt posted...
kirusu posted...
so i have to have noctis in my party constantly, and i cannot switch out like i did in type-0? once again it still amazes me how a handheld system gameplay can still top the console ones lol.

Glad someone sees the greatness in Type-0.

its sad because type-0 is on a handheld system and a console system should apply have more power than a handheld yes? then why is a handheld defeating a console system in terms of gameplay aspecs. sure i will say that after completing i was not really impressed, but the game proved to be looking for in the next generation. its gameplay was kind of unrivaled and defeated most action rpgs out there. too much was going on for type-0 that you can easily grasp and understand. it was truly a wonderful game to play through. its no annoyance that crisis core put out, but that was fun once you got past its storyline and just went on the missions.

Developers(or more likely publishers) might think they can do better by redirect effort from stong game design to strong graphics/visuals. They might hope that HD graphics will be enough to give a good experience(emphasize visuals over interactivity) and will do more to help sell games. Console games try to stand out in graphics but games for handheld systems can't do this since they lose a lot of power compared to a console. It could also be that the average casual gamer bases their decision to buy a game or not on the trailers, TV and internet advertising, reviews(likely only mainstream sites like IGN) that also place heavy emphasis on graphics.