POLL: The Greatest Final Fantasy of All Time

#341InnerSolacePosted 10/6/2013 2:32:33 PM
Y'know, one of these days I am going to have to play Xenoblade Chronicles, just to see what all the fuss is about... I haven't seen much of the game, but I have always read people's posts that mention how similar it is to FFXII, my favorite game of all time.

I did start to watch an LP of the game, and I watched the first ~40 minutes or so. It seemed interesting I suppose, but I didn't notice anything too similar to FFXII in the bit that I watched... Maybe it's just because I'm not familiar with the game? Maybe it's because the gameplay hadn't really "opened up" at that point in time? FFXII was kind of slow to start off too, after all...

I'll probably like Xenoblade anyway, since I'm a huge JRPG fan (although I admit I have not played as many JRPGs as many people on this board have, mainly due to money issues and whatnot).

It seems the game is rather expensive these days, however... But if I ever have the money, I will try to get it. I do love Monolith Soft's games; I really loved Xenosaga, even though I felt it was lacking in some regards. Plus, their new game, "X," looks pretty amazing from the two trailers we've seen so far; I love the newest one that was shown during this year's E3!

"X" is probably (well, alongside Bayonetta 2 and Zelda, and any other games that catch my interest in the future) what's going to make me buy a Wii U sometime.
---
"Gaming? Booze? Hot girl? HOT DAMN, this is my kind of time!"
#342Weltall548Posted 10/6/2013 2:37:49 PM
InnerSolace posted...
Y'know, one of these days I am going to have to play Xenoblade Chronicles, just to see what all the fuss is about... I haven't seen much of the game, but I have always read people's posts that mention how similar it is to FFXII, my favorite game of all time.

I did start to watch an LP of the game, and I watched the first ~40 minutes or so. It seemed interesting I suppose, but I didn't notice anything too similar to FFXII in the bit that I watched... Maybe it's just because I'm not familiar with the game? Maybe it's because the gameplay hadn't really "opened up" at that point in time? FFXII was kind of slow to start off too, after all...

I'll probably like Xenoblade anyway, since I'm a huge JRPG fan (although I admit I have not played as many JRPGs as many people on this board have, mainly due to money issues and whatnot).

It seems the game is rather expensive these days, however... But if I ever have the money, I will try to get it. I do love Monolith Soft's games; I really loved Xenosaga, even though I felt it was lacking in some regards. Plus, their new game, "X," looks pretty amazing from the two trailers we've seen so far; I love the newest one that was shown during this year's E3!

"X" is probably (well, alongside Bayonetta 2 and Zelda, and any other games that catch my interest in the future) what's going to make me buy a Wii U sometime.

It's probably compared to FFXII because of the size. Look at a video of Bionis Leg. That will show you how big the game's locations get.
---
Batman: Arkham City is the best game of all time.
#343SazukeEXPosted 10/6/2013 2:53:46 PM
laharl12345 posted...
lol at FF13 not being an option.

Because we haven't gotten FE13-III yet.
---
Official "PARTY~" Master, Protagonist, and Main Character!
#344InnerSolacePosted 10/6/2013 3:00:37 PM
Weltall548 posted...
It's probably compared to FFXII because of the size. Look at a video of Bionis Leg. That will show you how big the game's locations get.

I just got done watching a video of the area that you mentioned, and it is a pretty expansive region indeed... It looks great.
---
"Gaming? Booze? Hot girl? HOT DAMN, this is my kind of time!"
#345Weltall548Posted 10/6/2013 3:12:16 PM
InnerSolace posted...
Weltall548 posted...

I just got done watching a video of the area that you mentioned, and it is a pretty expansive region indeed... It looks great.

Eryth sea and mechonis field are also huge, but I wouldn't recommend watching videos of them, because they are later in the game and you might get spoilers.
---
#346Reginleif20(Topic Creator)Posted 10/10/2013 5:41:27 PM
SazukeEX posted...
laharl12345 posted...
lol at FF13 not being an option.

Because we haven't gotten FE13-III yet.

Yeah, that's definitely the reason
---
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it
#347donkeyjackPosted 10/10/2013 5:50:17 PM
Reginleif20 posted...
IFeeLNoReMoRSe posted...
Final Fantasy VII IS the standard by which all Final Fantasies, and by extension all JRPGs are compared.

FACT

At least, by people old enough to remember playing it.

Please, Xenoblade is the new standard now

You mean FF12?
---
If GTA5 isn't in your top 5, KYS.
#348Weltall548Posted 10/10/2013 6:10:08 PM
donkeyjack posted...
Reginleif20 posted...
IFeeLNoReMoRSe posted...
Final Fantasy VII IS the standard by which all Final Fantasies, and by extension all JRPGs are compared.

FACT

You mean FF12?

No
---
#349Reginleif20(Topic Creator)Posted 10/11/2013 8:45:44 PM
Weltall548 posted...
donkeyjack posted...
Reginleif20 posted...
IFeeLNoReMoRSe posted...

FACT

You mean FF12?

No

You mean hell no
---
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it
#350donkeyjackPosted 10/11/2013 9:00:17 PM
Xenoblade bit off of FF12.

So, what are you saying?
---
"That Ether that **** that make your soul burn slow burn slow." - Nas