So are you happy with SE decision to drop the turn-based in FF15?

#1Dark_N11Posted 6/16/2013 8:29:52 AM
For me it's the main reason why i'm really looking forward to FF XV

the Action-RPG is the future for all RPG's (IMO of course).
#2Yomonachi4Posted 6/16/2013 8:33:19 AM
I'm glad they're switching it up. Too soon to judge though.
#3henriuePosted 6/16/2013 8:33:22 AM
I would love it turn based, I would love it action based, I would love it tactics based, I just really like this world.
---
Jazz is life, and digimon is awesome. In case of nostalgia needing, click link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xAueTwJFV4
#4Wise_PotatoPosted 6/16/2013 8:34:10 AM
It's nice for a change.

But I don't think they should drop the ATB system, they should alter between ARPG and the ATB in the future titles, for the sake of variety and to please all the fans.
---
Heroes need great sorrows and burdens, or their greatness goes unnoticed. It's all part of the fairy tale.
Official Megaman X of KH3 board
#5PerlesquePosted 6/16/2013 8:34:24 AM
I want to agree, but something tells me the ATB/Turn-based system hasn't been exhausted. This is also true for Action RPGs.
#6Mentos2000Posted 6/16/2013 8:35:19 AM
Well for me my criteria for judging a FF has always been its story. I never got put off by gameplay. If the story is good I just roll with whatever gameplay system they give me. So yeah I just want an amazing and engaging story.
#7lonelyhero24Posted 6/16/2013 8:36:19 AM
They never dropped turn base for XV, it was never there every FF is different.
---
(Spoiler Alert!) Kingdom hearts is Light (End of spoiler)
#8ThamauturgePosted 6/16/2013 9:00:30 AM
This game has ALWAYS been an ARPG. Even since 2006. Why can't people understand this?
---
Official Wiegraf Folles of the FFXV board
Playing: SH2 HD 10 Star Ranking, Ratchet Collection, The Last of Us------- PSN: Thamauturge
#9bluexskyxnoisePosted 6/16/2013 9:10:24 AM
henriue posted...
I would love it turn based, I would love it action based, I would love it tactics based, I just really like this world.

I agree, doesn't matter what battle system is used, the games lore and characters look interesting, well from the little we've seen so far.
---
"We live amidst a silent storm, leaves us unsatisfied at best, fill your heart with what's important and be done with all the rest"
#10LeagultPosted 6/16/2013 9:19:24 AM
Yeah. I missed the roaming battles from FF12. I could always enjoy turned based with Atlus games.

Lots of FF SE games have been action based recently:

Dissidia
Crisis Core
Type-0

I think there are some DS games I'm missing too.