So are you happy with SE decision to drop the turn-based in FF15?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. So are you happy with SE decision to drop the turn-based in FF15?
3 years ago#1
For me it's the main reason why i'm really looking forward to FF XV

the Action-RPG is the future for all RPG's (IMO of course).
3 years ago#2
I'm glad they're switching it up. Too soon to judge though.
3 years ago#3
I would love it turn based, I would love it action based, I would love it tactics based, I just really like this world.
Jazz is life, and digimon is awesome. In case of nostalgia needing, click link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xAueTwJFV4
3 years ago#4
It's nice for a change.

But I don't think they should drop the ATB system, they should alter between ARPG and the ATB in the future titles, for the sake of variety and to please all the fans.
Heroes need great sorrows and burdens, or their greatness goes unnoticed. It's all part of the fairy tale.
Official Megaman X of KH3 board
3 years ago#5
I want to agree, but something tells me the ATB/Turn-based system hasn't been exhausted. This is also true for Action RPGs.
3 years ago#6
Well for me my criteria for judging a FF has always been its story. I never got put off by gameplay. If the story is good I just roll with whatever gameplay system they give me. So yeah I just want an amazing and engaging story.
3 years ago#7
They never dropped turn base for XV, it was never there every FF is different.
(Spoiler Alert!) Kingdom hearts is Light (End of spoiler)
3 years ago#8
This game has ALWAYS been an ARPG. Even since 2006. Why can't people understand this?
Official Wiegraf Folles of the FFXV board
Playing: SH2 HD 10 Star Ranking, Ratchet Collection, The Last of Us------- PSN: Thamauturge
3 years ago#9
henriue posted...
I would love it turn based, I would love it action based, I would love it tactics based, I just really like this world.

I agree, doesn't matter what battle system is used, the games lore and characters look interesting, well from the little we've seen so far.
"We live amidst a silent storm, leaves us unsatisfied at best, fill your heart with what's important and be done with all the rest"
3 years ago#10
Yeah. I missed the roaming battles from FF12. I could always enjoy turned based with Atlus games.

Lots of FF SE games have been action based recently:

Dissidia
Crisis Core
Type-0

I think there are some DS games I'm missing too.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. So are you happy with SE decision to drop the turn-based in FF15?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived