If XBone fails can you see this going the way of The Last Remnant?

#21XroaliaPosted 6/17/2013 8:18:12 PM
The Last Remnant was an unfinished mess of a game so that's not a very good comparison. I doubt they'll suddenly make FFXV exclusive but if (when) it fails I don't think any future FF games will come to that console.
---
GT & PSN - Xroalia
#22XIDarthReaperXIPosted 6/17/2013 8:19:14 PM
Xroalia posted...
The Last Remnant was an unfinished mess of a game so that's not a very good comparison. I doubt they'll suddenly make FFXV exclusive but if (when) it fails I don't think any future FF games will come to that console.

Ah you see but it wont fail
#23IroncondorzPosted 6/17/2013 10:09:16 PM
TLR didn't come to the PS3 because it was based on the Unreal engine. Not only did they have trouble working on it for the 360, the PS3 was having a terrible time with Unreal engine at the time which would only make it worse. They probably couldn't get the thing to be playable in a passable fashion and it wasn't worth dumping the money into to do so.
---
To Square: Stop trying to Final Fantasize your Michael Bay games, and stop Michael Baying up your Final Fantasy games.
#24MagnaderAlphaPosted 6/17/2013 10:13:32 PM
Thamauturge posted...
How will the Xbox One sell well at all? It's more expensive, has worse hardware, has restrictive and stupid DRM, blocks used games and requires the internet at least once a day. Every poll that I have seen has it selling far worse than the PS4, judging by Amazon, Gamestop, Walmart preorders, and Facebook is erupting in anger at the system. Even the fans of the brand like Angry Joe can't stand the One.

https://www.facebook.com/AmazonVideoGames?v=app_153839431317646

Correct answer: Sheep.
#25vedoris86Posted 6/17/2013 10:27:35 PM
Thamauturge posted...
How will the Xbox One sell well at all? It's more expensive, has worse hardware, has restrictive and stupid DRM, blocks used games and requires the internet at least once a day. Every poll that I have seen has it selling far worse than the PS4, judging by Amazon, Gamestop, Walmart preorders, and Facebook is erupting in anger at the system. Even the fans of the brand like Angry Joe can't stand the One.

https://www.facebook.com/AmazonVideoGames?v=app_153839431317646

because xbox highest selling games are online shooters COD/halo

those people are online anyway so they wont care about xbox1 having to be online all the time. it will still sell millions. they know exactly who they are marketing the new xbox to.

im getting a ps4, will only ever get a xbox after price drop and a very good JRPG exculsive
---
PSN vedoris
lover of rpg's
#26vedoris86Posted 6/17/2013 10:31:54 PM
Bishop_Sasarai posted...
Unfortunately, the Xbone will probably sell like hotcakes thanks to bouts of xenophobia mixed in with a dominance of shooters and casual games. Personally, I want the Xbone to fail miserably but yeah.

However, isn't the PS4 going to be the focus for FF XV? Didn't they say it'll be easy to port to the Xbone or something?

pretty sure after they stopped making FF versus for ps3 they focus on building it in a DX11 enviroment and not made to one console, by the sounds of it(might just be a too literal translation from japanese) that they are porting it to both ps4 and xbox one. i dunno if that means they will run the same on both, or each port will be using each console to its limits?
---
PSN vedoris
lover of rpg's
#27KarnRX78Posted 6/17/2013 11:11:11 PM
superbaboonmanX posted...
Thamauturge posted...
^They do. Word of mouth means everything. And if Facebook is anything to go by, they do care. I guarantee you that it will fail worse than the Wii U.

you underestimate how much murica loves xbox with there halo, gears of war and there call of duty map packs

Yet in one of the twitter polls the X1 had more support in Japan than it did in America.

Most Americans have a low opinion of MS because of the BS they've put people through for 20 years+. In my circle of friends, associates, acquaintances, people I've talked to while waiting in line at gamestop. I've yet to talk to one who wants the X1, they hate the whole idea of what it is trying to do.

I've got little faith in my fellow Americans, over 50% of them are idiots. But word of mouth and popularity go a long way here. Word of mouth is spreading to the "casuals" and the PS4 is going to be popular.
---
21B64R09E14A35K92T29H45E17W43A82L95L19S57D36O18W39N8Y2J
(V)0-0(V) This is Mudcrab. Copy and paste him into your signature to help him achieve world Domination.