If FF15 is trying to appeal to women by making an all-male cast...

#1ClassyCanadianPosted 6/23/2013 6:52:41 AM
It's not working.

Don't get me wrong, Prompto is cute and Noctis is fine, but I don't play FF games just for the sex appeal. And honestly, FF15 doesn't have enough in the first place to make me buy it.

Romance obviously isn't mandatory for a good FF game (FFV was amazing and it didnt have any romance) but we do need some cast diversity. Yes, FFX-2 had an all-female cast. I know that. FFX-2 also sucked, so I don't know why you're using a crappy game as proof that a crappy cast is a good idea.

As a woman, Square Enix, I would just like to say that your desparate attempt to appeal to Twilight fans isn't working. If you're trying to compensate for the terrible ratio of sexy men to sexy women in FFXIII, you have your priorities wrong.
---
I'm just your Canadian female who loved RPGs and having fun!
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem Fuuin no Tsurugi, Final Fantasy V, Final Fantasy VII
#2Reginleif20Posted 6/23/2013 6:53:58 AM
ClassyCanadian posted...
It's not working.

Don't get me wrong, Prompto is cute and Noctis is fine, but I don't play FF games just for the sex appeal. And honestly, FF15 doesn't have enough in the first place to make me buy it.

Romance obviously isn't mandatory for a good FF game (FFV was amazing and it didnt have any romance) but we do need some cast diversity. Yes, FFX-2 had an all-female cast. I know that. FFX-2 also sucked, so I don't know why you're using a crappy game as proof that a crappy cast is a good idea.

As a woman, Square Enix, I would just like to say that your desparate attempt to appeal to Twilight fans isn't working. If you're trying to compensate for the terrible ratio of sexy men to sexy women in FFXIII, you have your priorities wrong.

IIRC, FF already appeals to women, in Japan anyway
---
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it
#3DrakoVongola1Posted 6/23/2013 6:59:19 AM
You ever think maybe they just decided the story worked better with an all-male main cast? Really people, do you honestly think they did this solely to appeal to women and gays?
---
Official leader of the Illuminati.
#4stylsavsimPosted 6/23/2013 7:05:39 AM
Most games have male protagonists anyway so why would it matter if ffxv has an all male cast?
#5LeagultPosted 6/23/2013 7:10:49 AM
SE never needed an all male cast to appeal to women. Every game that has had a handsome character, will have female fans.
#6EscaSyraPosted 6/23/2013 7:13:02 AM
As a straight man I have to say...

Sazh was a sex machine. You know he gave you that special tingling feeling TC.
---
LoL IGN: CakeEsco
PSN: CougheeCake
#7TehAssasinPosted 6/23/2013 7:15:58 AM
The last time I checked, FFXV isn't trying to appeal to women, but gamers.
#8SteelCurtain17Posted 6/23/2013 7:25:11 AM
TehAssasin posted...

---
Born a Steelers, Reds, and Hoosiers Fan!PSN- Cotner84
"The Xbone. It's like cable, except it watches you." -SwimmingToaster
#9RagirothPosted 6/23/2013 7:29:47 AM
TehAssasin posted...

---
http://z8.invisionfree.com/Final_Chase_Zone/index.php?
PSN-Ragiroth
#10sMpNoctisorGPosted 6/23/2013 7:32:25 AM
TehAssasin posted...