Cor/Ignis speculation topic

#1Ginta2468Posted 6/25/2013 9:57:41 AM
It was mentioned in a Famitsu article (currently not fully translated) that Cor wields a katana. If so, then what does that leave Ignis with since he also wields one (besides the high level magic and knives). Or, they could both have one, but it made me start thinking that maybe Cor isn't a permanent party member then since I don't think Nomura would give 2 characters the same weapon in the party (Excluding Noctis). I also don't believe he would just leave Ignis with his only weapons being throwing knives.

Gladiolus uses his bare hands and his giant sword, Prompto with various guns, Noctis with everything, and Cor with the katana, so I wonder if they decided to let him keep the katana or he got something new. If he does keep it, it could be a minor/major plot point as to why 2 party members have the same weapon. If Cor does turn out to be a guest character, then I wonder who would fill in the space for him, a character in the trailer?

This is all just speculation, but feel free to discuss.
---
The ps4 hype!
#2TehAssasinPosted 6/25/2013 10:07:33 AM(edited)
Can't believe I've missed this. You know what TC, you're a genius. I think the chances of Cor being a guest character is a lot higher now that we know what his weapon of choice is. A common video game ideology suggests that no two main characters should ever favor one similar type of weapon, unless one of them wouldn't be in party for long, as ridiculous as it sounds.

More indirect evidence? Cor was revealed very late until recently as opposed to the other four.

What's more, he looked very similar to Gladiolus in terms of build.

By my personal speculation and feelings, it is likely that Cor would be a goner not too long after the game starts, and would be replaced by someone else.
#3largerockPosted 6/25/2013 10:07:13 AM
His name translates to something like Leo's Heart...

Take that as you will.

And no that has nothing to do with his Katana abilities.
---
Not changing this sig until Final Fantasy Versus XIII comes out.
Official Atlas of the god of war ascension board.
#4ClassyCanadianPosted 6/25/2013 10:13:08 AM
Interesting

I hope one or both are temporary. That will give room for a female party member.
---
I'm just your neighborhood Canadian gamer girl who loved RPGs and having fun!
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem Fuuin no Tsurugi, Final Fantasy 5, Final Fantasy 7
#5NightEnigmaPosted 6/25/2013 10:30:06 AM
I think Cor is going to die at some point in the game and Stella will take his spot in the group.
---
Rock Music FanGirl.
#6Rose_of_MayPosted 6/25/2013 10:32:44 AM
I must be the only one getting the "double agent" vibe from Ignis. The way he holds himself in the 2011 trailer and the way he looked at Noctis at the end of the same trailer makes me think that he has his own agenda.

Someone like that would usually stab you in the back with daggers.
#7Ginta2468(Topic Creator)Posted 6/25/2013 11:05:53 AM
Rose_of_May posted...
I must be the only one getting the "double agent" vibe from Ignis. The way he holds himself in the 2011 trailer and the way he looked at Noctis at the end of the same trailer makes me think that he has his own agenda.

Someone like that would usually stab you in the back with daggers.

I've had my doubts about Ignis too, like for example how he wasn't really shown in the latest trailer, what could he possibly be doing? His character profile certainly goes against him backstabbing Noctis but at the same time, someone like him backstabbing Noctis could be a huge wound to him. I highly doubt Prompto or Gladiolus would ever betray Noctis, but I did get a feeling Ignis could possibly.

Of course I could be wrong, but I believe it is either that or Cor not being a permanent member.
---
The ps4 hype!
#8Ginta2468(Topic Creator)Posted 6/25/2013 11:15:04 AM
...Or maybe not, seems Cor might actually meet with some misfortune and has a high chance of not staying. Maybe Ignis is a good guy after all.
---
The ps4 hype!
#9Rose_of_MayPosted 6/25/2013 11:22:18 AM
Ginta2468 posted...
...Or maybe not, seems Cor might actually meet with some misfortune and has a high chance of not staying. Maybe Ignis is a good guy after all.

Maybe unless Ignis is the one who kills him. I have a problem trusting characters who wear glasses, lol.
#10largerockPosted 6/25/2013 11:29:08 AM
Rose_of_May posted...
Ginta2468 posted...

Maybe unless Ignis is the one who kills him. I have a problem trusting characters who wear glasses, lol.

I guess you're a bit....

*puts on sunglasses*

Paranoid?

What did you expect a horrible pun?
---
Not changing this sig until Final Fantasy Versus XIII comes out.
Official Atlas of the god of war ascension board.