Cor/Ignis speculation topic

#21grand_kaizerPosted 6/25/2013 11:50:47 PM
Where?
---
"I am the Truest Repairman!"
#22Ether101Posted 6/26/2013 12:20:10 PM
It was at the very lest implied when they first talked about Noctis' ability to use every weapon type. It was brought up that the other characters would have abilities to make them different form Noctis a worth playing.
---
Gamers have lost their pride.
Complacency can be a sin.
#23XenosheartPosted 6/26/2013 12:27:17 PM
I don't think they would go through so much trouble creating a playable character with a developed leveling / skills / abilities system, weapons, moves, control etc only to make him temporary. I know temporary characters have appeared in previous FFs but then where not playable, apart from some (not mentioning due to spoilers) but even in those cases, it wasn't an action game so it was much easier to create a character. I believe that he is either permanent or that he cannot be controlled.
---
Final Fantasy IX / Kingdom Hearts
|GR|
#24Mr Penguin 007Posted 6/26/2013 12:30:55 PM
Rose_of_May posted...
I must be the only one getting the "double agent" vibe from Ignis. The way he holds himself in the 2011 trailer and the way he looked at Noctis at the end of the same trailer makes me think that he has his own agenda.

Someone like that would usually stab you in the back with daggers.

I got that feeling from Ignis as well. Like he'd eventually double-cross you. I'm usually good with intuition, so with multiple people picking up on his virtual vibe, we may just be on to something.
---
Gamer Tag: Coltonius (Pawn: Eve)
"I smoke 'cause it gives me knowledge!" - Citizen of San Andreas
#25Mr Penguin 007Posted 6/26/2013 12:33:44 PM
Oooo, or perhaps he will triple-cross. Seemingly double-crossing you, sacrificing his good standing, but in the end only doing it to get to someone on the other side. Meh, maybe.
---
Gamer Tag: Coltonius (Pawn: Eve)
"I smoke 'cause it gives me knowledge!" - Citizen of San Andreas
#26KimMohicanTribePosted 6/26/2013 1:06:06 PM
Ignis>Cor.

Cor will die in the story.
---
The Official proud native american! [ My family approves of this song, strangely http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1T3srk8Dkuo ]
#27Ginta2468(Topic Creator)Posted 6/26/2013 1:18:17 PM
Xenosheart posted...
I don't think they would go through so much trouble creating a playable character with a developed leveling / skills / abilities system, weapons, moves, control etc only to make him temporary. I know temporary characters have appeared in previous FFs but then where not playable, apart from some (not mentioning due to spoilers) but even in those cases, it wasn't an action game so it was much easier to create a character. I believe that he is either permanent or that he cannot be controlled.

He will be controlled so we can't use that option. And who knows what Square will do, like I said, just speculation. I know Cor joins later than the others, but I still find it weird that they would give 2 characters the same weapon. Sure they could have different play styles with a katana, but I don't see why they couldn't be more creative with it, and it will obviously be story oriented as to why there are 2 katana users. 3 if you count Noctis technically.
---
The ps4 hype!
#28MrcTOtheJPosted 6/26/2013 2:41:17 PM
It's also possible they changed what Ignis weilds as well. (Not saying they did, and it's less likely)

Could also be that he weilds a diffrent type of Katana or even dual weilds like someone else mentioned. Also wasn't it said that he comes in the party later than the others in that new info? Maybe something happens to Ignis be it betrayal, death or what have you, and Cor Replaces him with more or less the same roll in terms of melee combat.
---
Currently Waiting for: GTAV, FFXV, MGS5, Destiny, Watch Dogs, NFS Rivals, FFX/X-2 HD, LR:FFXIII, and the PS4
#29jessevalePosted 6/26/2013 2:48:37 PM
Ignis dies, bromance happens, Cor replaces him.

100% probable.
---
SE is a FUGPUSC, Yasumi Matsuno is brilliant, Tetsuya Nomura is my most treacherous foe.
inXile is the next big thing for true RPGs.
#30MagnaderAlphaPosted 6/26/2013 3:32:37 PM
Ether101 posted...
You don't understand, they've made it very clear that the characters will all be using different weapons and will have special abilities that will differentiate them form Noctis who will be able to use them all.

Ether101 posted...
It was at the very lest implied when they first talked about Noctis' ability to use every weapon type. It was brought up that the other characters would have abilities to make them different form Noctis a worth playing.

Implying isn't that clear. If anything, it's still open to interpretation. The bit about each character using different weapons has little to do with their special abilities. Again, I'm not saying most of them won't have unique weapons. I don't expect Prompto to be busing out with Gladiolus's massive sword. What I AM saying is that some, like Ignis and Cor, might share some weapons. Also, special abilities are likely more tied to the characters themselves than what they wield. I see it like FFVI where Locke has theif abilities,yet can wield a dagger, sword or boomerang. Celes has Runic abilities, which DO work one certain swords, but that doesn't stop her from equipping others(she just can't use the Runic ability when she does). I'm guessing the difference between Ignis and Cor's special abilities would be like the difference between the Samurai job class skills and Cyan's Sword Tech skills. If you know, Cyan is considered a Samurai, but his abilities differ considerably from the classic class. What if Ignis has Samurai skills and Cor has Sword Techniques? Or hell, what if Ignis's "special abilities" aren't even TIED to his katana. Him being knowledgeable, what if his powers are more akin to the Caculator's abilities in FFT? Also, they DID say he was great with throwing daggers. What if he can accurately calculate how to hit enemies from around corners with his daggers via ricochet? Really, there are lots of possibitiies for different unique skills. I see the "idea" of special abilities to be XV's version of the special abilities seen in FFIV, FFVI and FFIX. I mean, Terra can Morph, Relm can Sketch and Noctis can Warp.