Am i the only one who sees Noct's security crew being all males as logical?

#51Elice_CarolPosted 6/29/2013 2:51:05 AM
Are some men here crying misogyny at SE for not including a girl in Noctis's party? Now, I'm all for gender equality, but no girls =/= sexism. Stella, Panda's latest sex object and any women yet to be revealed might be excellent characters capable of holding their own against Noctis and pals in a fight, but if that was the case, would the NOT PLAYABLE part be the one that gets your goat?

Also, I'm pretty sure that there are games and series filled with women that treat them terribly. Toriyama loves his pink haired girls, but Serah suffered a life filled with losses before eventually losing her own life, and his waifu Lightning is now the only person able to save a world that supposedly hates her.
---
"Panda types slower than it takes Blaze to find a date.'' - ValcrisPL(s)
http://s1136.photobucket.com/user/Elice_Carol/library/
#52DragoonGriffithPosted 6/29/2013 2:52:27 AM
Elice_Carol posted...
Are some men here crying misogyny at SE for not including a girl in Noctis's party? Now, I'm all for gender equality, but no girls =/= sexism. Stella, Panda's latest sex object and any women yet to be revealed might be excellent characters capable of holding their own against Noctis and pals in a fight, but if that was the case, would the NOT PLAYABLE part be the one that gets your goat?

I'm crying mysogny at this topic and the opening post, and not SE or Nomura.
---
http://www.finalfantasy-fxn.net/images/media/51cb24bf_Drakengard-3-Five-02.jpg
#53Elice_CarolPosted 6/29/2013 3:03:57 AM

This might be a little close-minded of me, but I've only ever seen male bodyguards IRL. I'm not denying the existence of female ones, but at the same time that might undermine the whole camaraderie between Noctis and his friends.

...Eesh, I sound slightly sexist towards my own gender. Lemme ask ya, Dragoon, how many female bodyguards have you seen in comparison to male ones?
---
"Panda types slower than it takes Blaze to find a date.'' - ValcrisPL(s)
http://s1136.photobucket.com/user/Elice_Carol/library/
#54kupo1705Posted 6/29/2013 3:31:49 AM
Don't bother, nobody here cares about logic. Gender quota is more important than a well constructed world/story or artistic integrity.
#55kaiser ryuPosted 6/29/2013 11:23:43 PM
Elice_Carol posted...

This might be a little close-minded of me, but I've only ever seen male bodyguards IRL. I'm not denying the existence of female ones, but at the same time that might undermine the whole camaraderie between Noctis and his friends.

...Eesh, I sound slightly sexist towards my own gender. Lemme ask ya, Dragoon, how many female bodyguards have you seen in comparison to male ones?

According to brief research, it's a male dominated profession with about 3% being female though as far as performance go track records don't seem to differ. Women are actually in demand as security but it just isn't a thing that is currently... happening. Gaddafi was a notable exception to all this with his little amazon entourage. They were all highly effective body guards >.> until he was captured.
---
The Tales of series needs more love in America.
Won't change sig until Namco gets wise. Started: 9/8/06
#56MarquessLausPosted 6/30/2013 2:58:23 AM
Prompto is Noctis' highschool boy friend, Ignis serves an advisory capacity. Noctis himself is a prince. Only 2 out of 5 character fulfill bodyguard or military capacities.
---
When you've got a pretty-boy monkey on your back constantly calling you a puppet, you hardly want to seem like you're happy to be used. - DSakaCharanJ
#57DragoonGriffithPosted 6/30/2013 3:03:20 AM
MarquessLaus posted...
Prompto is Noctis' highschool boy friend, Ignis serves an advisory capacity. Noctis himself is a prince. Only 2 out of 5 character fulfill bodyguard or military capacities.

Which all the more destroys TC's (and other's) logic.
What stopped them from making either Prompto and/or Ignis a female?

Now it's too late to think about it, and what is done is done. It isn't even that important in the end.

Just, it's evident that a female could've worked just as well in that party as a male could.
---
"Looks like we now know where all hot chicks in FF XV went."- About Drakengard 3.
#58DrakoVongola1Posted 6/30/2013 3:06:07 AM
DragoonGriffith posted...

Just, it's evident that a female could've worked just as well in that party as a male could.

Maybe. Depends on how the story turns out. IIRC they said something about brotherhood being a big theme in the game, which tends to work better with dudes.

I seriously do not understand why so many people are b****ing about there being no playable females. Is it that important for you to see boobies on your screen the entire time?
---
Official leader of the Illuminati.
#59DragoonGriffithPosted 6/30/2013 3:09:31 AM
DrakoVongola1 posted...

I seriously do not understand why so many people are b****ing about there being no playable females. Is it that important for you to see boobies on your screen the entire time?

I find them more...graceful, if that makes sense.
Although, now thinking about it, if Prompto were this school friend of Noctis (and female), that would be pretty cliche.

Meh, I like him as he is.
Just hope we'll at least get a new addition then though it won't break the game for me, and I'm talking too much about this.
---
"Looks like we now know where all hot chicks in FF XV went."- About Drakengard 3.
#60DrakoVongola1Posted 6/30/2013 3:12:16 AM
DragoonGriffith posted...
DrakoVongola1 posted...

I find them more...graceful, if that makes sense.
Although, now thinking about it, if Prompto were this school friend of Noctis (and female), that would be pretty cliche.

Meh, I like him as he is.
Just hope we'll at least get a new addition then though it won't break the game for me, and I'm talking too much about this.

I mean I can understand wanting them, Lord knows I wouldn't turn down more hot male characters, but people are making way too big of a deal over this.
---
Official leader of the Illuminati.