I love the way SE has made the characters appeal to both males and females

#1wonzanPosted 6/28/2013 5:19:52 PM
The main swathe of characters are tough/cool men that presumably most guys will like to play as but at the same time they are quite handsome and cover the main archetypes that women find attractive too. And as a bonus we have a couple female characters that are not totally sexualised but still pretty and hence also attractive to both audiences.

Bravo SE! Character design is spot on! =D

(my favourites are the dude with the glasses and the girl that isn't stella)
---
We are not the masks we wear. But, if we don them, do we not become them?
#2aeoxeternalPosted 6/28/2013 5:26:41 PM
wonzan posted...
The main swathe of characters are tough/cool men that presumably most guys will like to play as but at the same time they are quite handsome and cover the main archetypes that women find attractive too. And as a bonus we have a couple female characters that are not totally sexualised but still pretty and hence also attractive to both audiences.

I'll agree with you.

But what's wrong with Stella? D:
---
Official Vaan of the FFXV board
#3GigantLuffyPosted 6/28/2013 5:31:04 PM

She was a useless scrapped beta character. After viewing pictures of all of Gackt's outfits and hairstyles and zippers, Nomura realized why previous FF games failed. They needed more men. So he decided to give FFXV an all male cast.

The only character who wasn't based off of Gackt is Prompto. Prompto's design is influenced by God.
---
Official Getter Robo of your heart
PSQuadruple and WiiU are loaded baby!
#4zodiac_swordPosted 6/28/2013 5:32:46 PM
GigantLuffy posted...

She was a useless scrapped beta character. After viewing pictures of all of Gackt's outfits and hairstyles and zippers, Nomura realized why previous FF games failed. They needed more men. So he decided to give FFXV an all male cast.

The only character who wasn't based off of Gackt is Prompto. Prompto's design is influenced by God.

http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/13/136085/2479220-1578648373-gw-cl.gif
---
What do you think it means when a girl leaves a fake mustache at your house?
#5aeoxeternalPosted 6/28/2013 5:33:18 PM
GigantLuffy posted...

This doesn't reek of any bias whatsoever.
---
#6wonzan(Topic Creator)Posted 6/28/2013 5:39:39 PM
aeoxeternal posted...
wonzan posted...

I'll agree with you.

I just like the other girl's design a bit better. Stella's archetype seems to be the helpless maiden which I don't really dig much. But it's not like I hate her or anything.
---
#7GigantLuffyPosted 6/28/2013 5:46:02 PM
http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/13/136085/2479220-1578648373-gw-cl.gif

You're no Steve Carell. You're a Tom.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO7-QJGVdM4

This doesn't reek of any bias whatsoever.

It doesn't. Or are you just mad because Prompto replaced Vaan as the main "boy toy" with just a 3 minute trailer?
---
Official Getter Robo of your heart
PSQuadruple and WiiU are loaded baby!
#8aeoxeternalPosted 6/28/2013 5:50:41 PM(edited)
wonzan posted...
I just like the other girl's design a bit better. Stella's archetype seems to be the helpless maiden which I don't really dig much. But it's not like I hate her or anything.

Helpless maiden?? Where did you get that from? Lol if anything, Nomura claimed that she'll be the opposite, and she's against Noctis as well. I think she'll be more like Aqua from BBS if anything. Strong type doing her duty.

GigantLuffy posted...
It doesn't. Or are you just mad because Prompto replaced Vaan as the main "boy toy" with just a 3 minute trailer?

Hm... well, I'm not gay, so I could care less.
I'll stop here since any more I say will just be mocked, transforming it into a homoerotic point of view rather than an intelligent one.
Good day.
#9wonzan(Topic Creator)Posted 6/28/2013 5:48:36 PM
aeoxeternal posted...
wonzan posted...

Helpless maiden?? Where did you get that from? Lol if anything, Nomura claimed that she'll be the opposite, and she's against Noctis as well. I think she'll be more like Aqua from BBS if anything. Strong type doing her duty.

is this the old stella or the new one? The new one I saaw in the trailer had a younger voice and was running in a field in a playful way which is why I thought she would be the helpless maiden type. I haven't read anything about her though. Link?
---
#10aeoxeternalPosted 6/28/2013 5:54:38 PM
wonzan posted...
is this the old stella or the new one? The new one I saaw in the trailer had a younger voice and was running in a field in a playful way which is why I thought she would be the helpless maiden type. I haven't read anything about her though. Link?

There are pretty recent threads where Nomura explains that nothing in the story has changed whatsoever. Stella is the same woman she has been. There are links in those threads. (sorry for the laziness lol)
Her running through a field of grass; That's a clip of when she was young child with Noctis.
---