Calling it now, and tag this topic. This game will surpass Final Fantasy VII

#61Devilman_AmonPosted 6/30/2013 8:33:10 AM
The problem now is S-E is releasing this game on an un-established user base, being that it will not be on PS3.

So they're betting that over 10 million people, both PS4 and XBone purchasers, will buy the game globally.
It's not impossible, but you have to take into consideration series fatigue, the negative influence XIII has tarnished the reputation of, and even while minor, the amount of people refusing to buy the game because its not classic FF, or maybe even because they are already playing FF XIV the mmo (or Elder Scrolls Online) which those games take up people's time.
There's also the media, which if they don't like the game or if it doesn't live up to potential, they'll rip into it and that will also have an effect on possible purchases. The media wasn't that big of an influencing factor in 1997/1998 as it is now...
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#62BrightShield786Posted 6/30/2013 9:05:41 AM
Leagult posted...
I doubt it can outsell it.....can't think of any game on ps1/2 that has.

Off the top of my head.

Crash Bandicoot 3, Grand Turismo 2 - 4, and GTA: San Andreas all sold more .
---
"The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword." - Eddard Stark - A Game of Thrones
#63DemonguardPosted 6/30/2013 9:57:47 AM
It might surpass Kingdom Hearts 2 as the best Kingdom Hearts game but we'll see.
---
I ain't got time to bleed.
#64B_WolfPosted 6/30/2013 10:19:31 AM
I think most fans (well, the sane ones anyway) will tell ya that ff7VIIis not the best in the series on a technical/gameplay/story/graphical level at all. But what FFVII has is nostalgia and legacy. And everyone is entitled to their opinions, you can even see in this topic just ignoring stuff about FFVII that no one agrees on what are the best/worst final fantasies. I haven't played enough final fantasies to judge, just I and most of VII.

Though I do have to take issue with the one guy who said XIV is better. I think you're comparing apples and oranges.
---
In Crowbar we Trust.
#65gamingratPosted 6/30/2013 10:25:41 AM
its not hard to be better then this game, it wasnt the best when it came out, and many of the new games are better then it now
---
GT:gamingrat91
Final Fantasy IV is the best in the series
#66Half-GhostPosted 6/30/2013 10:29:17 AM
I didn't find FFVII all that impressive, so I have high expectations for FFXV to surpass it for a lot of people.
#67kratoscar2008Posted 7/3/2013 10:03:18 PM
LOL no. FFVII made JRPGs popular and cimmented Square as the best and bigger JRPG force of all times, sold better than any other JRPG ever.

This one only has being SE last attempt at making a decent FF game wich wont be enough to even compete with FFXIII sales wise. FFVII came in a console that surpassed 100 million users and i dont see how a Next gen console game came even come close to matching FFVII, nevertheless this nonlike FF game.

Im a fan of FFVIII and FFV, but NO other game will ever match FF7 in any field.
---
The official Vulcanus of the Shin Megami Tensei IV boards
http://www.gaijinworks.com/interact/forum.php Vic is baaaack.
#68Sir_Tom_JonesPosted 7/4/2013 2:42:40 AM
I R believing this theory. Non-RPG guys will buy this.
---
Its not unusual for Noctis to do ballet. http://i.imgur.com/xyWTX0e.gif
#69DragoonGriffithPosted 7/4/2013 2:51:03 AM
Sir_Tom_Jones posted...
Non-RPG guys will buy this.

FFs are usually casual, and this game looks even moreso, so yeah...
---
"Looks like we now know where all hot chicks in FF XV went."- About Drakengard 3.
#70RomangeloPosted 7/4/2013 3:02:01 AM
I can't wait until the game is released and disappointed these bandwagoners so they'll never stop bashing it like they did to XIII. blinded by trailers then blinded by hate.
---
X > V > T > VI > XII > XIII-2 > Type-0 > VIII > VII > X-2 > TLR > XIII > IV > IX > II > III > I > XV