I have qualms with people saying an all male party ISN'T a problem.

#1Chr0noidPosted 6/30/2013 4:58:08 PM(edited)
I am not trying to start a flame war but I feel I must be honest here. So don't take this as trolling or something because it's not. I am neither a feminist nor some equality pushing dbag so don't give me any of that.

I just think having at least one female makes everything more....I dunno, BALANCED. Same reason I found FFX-2 to be annoying. There is basically one question that stomps any argument to the contrary so I'll ask it now:

Would FF7 have been such a glorious success if there had been no Yuffie, no Tifa, and no Aeris?

Try saying yes to that question. I DARE you. Oh, and I apologize if this is an overdone topic. But again, I feel like I need to say something about this.
---
To Rosa-You are young and I am older; you are hopeful, I am not-Enjoy life ere it grows colder-Pluck the roses ere they rot. -Abe Lincoln
#2CokaineCowboy77Posted 6/30/2013 5:00:15 PM
Well, that's not because they were females. Just because people like them.

Well, maybe Tifa because she's a female. Lol
---
"When it comes to sex don't test my skills, 'cause my head game got you head over heels" - Lil' Kim
#3EscaSyraPosted 6/30/2013 5:01:39 PM
Twenty topics about this wasn't enough today. Twenty-one is just right. Wait, no, it's not enough.
---
LoL IGN: CakeEsco
PSN: CougheeCake
#4MysteryVeilPosted 6/30/2013 5:09:54 PM
It isn't a problem. Deal with it.
---
Disgaea 3 Platinum...100% to goal!
One year anniversary! MysteryVeil and eixeeee. October 27, 2012.
#5LitanePosted 6/30/2013 5:12:02 PM
MysteryVeil posted...
It isn't a problem. Deal with it.

---
Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live..
Currently playing TLOU. Ellie <3
#6FreshSushiPosted 6/30/2013 5:13:50 PM
If they think they can write a more compelling story with all guys, then sure, go ahead. A token pair of boobs is alright as a side character, but don't make em a main hero and have them open their mouth.
---
Dark Souls 2
Don't screw it up From
#7Kagayaku08Posted 6/30/2013 5:16:43 PM
New Message Preview

Aeris is a complete mary sue

Tifa has no role outside of cloud's not so girl friend

yuffie is a bonus character

in other words, if they weren't token female characters from the get go then you'd have a point, but no you don't. Just because you didn't like the idea of all one gender character doesn't mean its necessary. KH and FF 10-2 were highly profitable and successful despite this "unbalance"
---
nobody owes you anything but a roll of the eye, a kick in the ass, and gaffaw at how much you suck
#8FreshSushiPosted 6/30/2013 5:19:03 PM
Tifa was put into the game cause Aerith's boobs weren't big enough. True story.

Why u hatin on Yuffie man. Thieves are always kewl.
---
Dark Souls 2
Don't screw it up From
#9cthulhufatagnPosted 6/30/2013 5:21:20 PM
Kagayaku08 posted...
New Message Preview

in other words, if they weren't token female characters from the get go then you'd have a point, but no you don't. Just because you didn't like the idea of all one gender character doesn't mean its necessary. KH and FF 10-2 were highly profitable and successful despite this "unbalance"

Wow...I don't...even
---
I can't get Guren no Yumiya out of my head
Officially Dearly Beloved of the PS4 KH3 board
#10Kagayaku08Posted 6/30/2013 5:31:00 PM
cthulhufatagn posted...
Kagayaku08 posted...
New Message Preview

Wow...I don't...even

Designed by Tetsuya Nomura, Tifa was not present in early versions of Final Fantasy VII, as initially, the game was to have only three playable characters; the protagonist Cloud Strife, Aerith Gainsborough and Barret Wallace. However, during a phone call to project director Yoshinori Kitase, it was suggested that at some point in the game, one of the main characters should die, and after much discussion as to whether it should be Barret or Aerith, the producers chose Aerith.
---
nobody owes you anything but a roll of the eye, a kick in the ass, and gaffaw at how much you suck