I have qualms with people saying an all male party ISN'T a problem.

#301DanahellPosted 7/1/2013 8:13:22 PM
SugarBoogers posted...
Danahell posted...
zodiac_sword posted...
gullgullgull posted...
I, for one, think every video game cast should look like the Burger King Kid's Club.

I don't know what that is but it sounds awful.

http://everyoneisstupidbutme.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Burger-King-Kids-Club.jpg

The club of politically correct children!

Ain't no way it's politically correct to call a kid in a wheelchair "Wheels".

Well, That's just his code name...I think.
---
American beer is like making love in a canoe. It's ****ing close to water
#302zodiac_swordPosted 7/1/2013 8:20:27 PM
Danahell posted...

Like Lightning?

hmm. That was quite mean of me to make that comparison.

*apologies to wheels*
---
What do you think it means when a girl leaves a fake mustache at your house?
#303DanahellPosted 7/1/2013 8:24:36 PM
zodiac_sword posted...
Danahell posted...

Like Lightning?

hmm. That was quite mean of me to make that comparison.

*apologies to wheels*

Yeah, that was rude to poor wheels you big meanie! >:(
---
American beer is like making love in a canoe. It's ****ing close to water
#304kingrat2314Posted 7/2/2013 12:04:47 AM
An all male group is fine. An all female group is fine. This game, as far as we know, has an all male group. Having a female in your party isn't a REQUIREMENT. They shouldn't add female party members for the hell of it.
---
New Modest Mouse album - 2014!
Final Fantasy XV is going to be one of the best Final Fantasy games.
#305Kagayaku08Posted 7/2/2013 1:06:50 AM
vanguard29 posted...
zodiac_sword posted...
Chargrilled posted...
MysteryVeil posted...
It isn't a problem. Deal with it.

What is and isn't a problem usually varies from person to person. Things that are problems for you aren't always things that are problems for me and vice versa.

that. it is simply an opinion. therefore. no one will EVER be "right" on the issue.

I know it will mean nothing, but i will just leave this here.

/thread.

i wonder do you both realize how hypocritical this sounds. Nomura wants to do a game with an all male cast. He feels this is a valid method of story telling. Zodiac doesn't and is telling everyone who'll listen about it, but Zodiac can't betold that his feelings may also be problematic?

in other words, Nomura's feelings can be thrown under the bus, but Zodiac's can't?
---
nobody owes you anything but a roll of the eye, a kick in the ass, and gaffaw at how much you suck
#306zodiac_swordPosted 7/2/2013 4:22:17 AM
Kagayaku08 posted...
i wonder do you both realize how hypocritical this sounds. Nomura wants to do a game with an all male cast. He feels this is a valid method of story telling. Zodiac doesn't and is telling everyone who'll listen about it, but Zodiac can't betold that his feelings may also be problematic?

in other words, Nomura's feelings can be thrown under the bus, but Zodiac's can't?

We don't know what Nomura's feelings are. All we have is the info they have given us so far. He's never done anything to explicitly confirm the final cast and explain why he made the choice (if this is indeed the choice he made).
---
What do you think it means when a girl leaves a fake mustache at your house?
#307Xtreme-VoidPosted 7/2/2013 5:26:02 AM
this game is disgusting,
not if you love pretty boys, Vaan say hi to you.
---
PC Gaming Rigs, PS3, XBOX 360, PS VITA, PSP, 3DS
Universal Gamer
#308SeanirlPosted 7/2/2013 3:01:10 PM
SugarBoogers posted...
Ain't no way it's politically correct to call a kid in a wheelchair "Wheels".

Bahahaha, so right xD

How naive...

And TBH they could have done "better"; maybe add a black girl instead of one of the boys... there's only 1 seemingly token girl and no black girl.

8/10 for political correctness. Could do PC'er >_>. Oh wells, it was over 20 years ago... BK did alright.
---
"There's only one thing punks like that understand: squealing. You've got to squeal to every teacher and every grown-up you can find." - Homer Simpson
#309DrakoVongola1Posted 7/2/2013 3:07:33 PM
Xtreme-Void posted...
this game is disgusting,
not if you love pretty boys, Vaan say hi to you.

Why is it disgusting?
---
Official leader of the Illuminati.
#310Kagayaku08Posted 7/2/2013 3:15:30 PM
zodiac_sword posted...
Kagayaku08 posted...

We don't know what Nomura's feelings are. All we have is the info they have given us so far. He's never done anything to explicitly confirm the final cast and explain why he made the choice (if this is indeed the choice he made).

-http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?378316-Final-Fantasy-XIII-and-Versus-XIII-Translated-Tetsuya-Nomura-Famitsu-Interview
-http://forums.gametrailers.com/thread/final-fantasy-versus-xiii-offi/1086937?t=1086937&gt=1

so not only are you wrong, you reveal why your contention is a strawman. You're right in saying we don't know if they'll be female characters so this whole discussion is moot for this game. But if it wasn't obvious, I believe the discussion had moved away from this game specifically and towards the general idea of a single gender cast being problematic. So, yet again, you're off point.
---
nobody owes you anything but a roll of the eye, a kick in the ass, and gaffaw at how much you suck