What if this game is open world but locked off early in the game.

#1KimMohicanTribePosted 7/1/2013 11:54:11 AM
Think of Skyrim but with the FF story progression so you can explore more in each chapter. Will that make a difference? Maybe thats why it gets a sequel because the world is too big.

inb4 Girls or no buy.

What you think?
---
The Official proud native american! [ My family approves of this song, strangely http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1T3srk8Dkuo ]
#2LightningxFangPosted 7/1/2013 12:37:53 PM
You mean like GTA. Didnt they already do that with Type-0 but with a small scaled world map?
#3whitewitch12Posted 7/3/2013 9:57:48 AM
Would be interesting to see if they did it that way, I think it would be pretty cool.
#4sniffyPosted 7/3/2013 10:38:33 AM
If this follows a typical Nomura/Toriyama style the world won't be open world, it will be in sections/parts/paths/pieces.

They put too many resources into cut scenes and run out of memory for the world, so the world can never be a big, open world.
---
some girls are bigger than others, and some girls' mothers are bigger than other girls' mothers...
#5Some_StaticPosted 7/3/2013 10:39:22 AM
Isn't this pretty much how JRPGs used to be anyways?
---
It's not a JRPG until you kill a god. http://somestatic.tumblr.com
3DS Friend Code: 1075-1893-8704
#6jae_freezePosted 7/3/2013 11:01:12 AM
Sounds like a typical JRPG to me. FF VII comes to mind being 'stuck' in Midgar and then being hit with, "holy crap, this world is huge." At least this was my thought as VII was my first JRPG experience.
#7juma086Posted 7/3/2013 11:13:03 AM
Wouldn't be the first time...
---
The lightning that roars over the thunder!!!!!!
#8ZeroBeattPosted 7/3/2013 11:36:50 AM
XII did the same thing if I'm not mistaken. But yeah I would expect something like that for story sake.
---
FF: IX=T>VI>V>XII>IV>T-0>VII>TA>III>XI>IVTAY>TA2>VIII>I>X=II>XIII>XIII-2>XIV>X-2
Lost Odyssey>FFXIII
#9MetalKeiyaPosted 7/3/2013 11:42:42 AM
You mean, just like every other Final Fantasy except X and XIII, right?

One of the best senses of world progression in FF's was how you got access to vehicles that let you access parts of the map you couldn't get to earlier (best representatives are FFIV, FFVII, FFVIII and FFIX).

Personally, as long as they keep the exploration from the PS1-era FF's and before, or have a more integrated map than FFXII's, I'm very happy. Just don't do the same thing that FFX or FFXIII did.
---
By reading this post, I have just killed off one of your brain cells.