The Official villainry "Random Enounter" Topic: Day 5

#1ZeroBeattPosted 7/1/2013 2:55:32 PM
First question I want to get out of the way: Who did you like more? - Results (41 votes)
Exdeath
65.85% (27 votes)
Ultimecia
34.15% (14 votes)
This poll is now closed.
This is something new that I've kind of wanted to do for a while. Here we put each villain on an equal basis and compare them. The topic is called "Random Encounter" because I use a generator in deciding who goes against who. This is a poll as well as an open discussion.

In the previous match up we compared Kam'lanaut from final fantasy XI to Edea from VIII. Unexpectedly the end result was.... A TIE! 9 votes for them both. It looks like instead of bumping heads they decided to bump ugly for the following two days -_- Well seeing as how so few people really cared I guess it would be safe to just disqualify them both. Neither will advance to the next round. Have fun you two...

These polls are now closed but if you wish to visit the previous topics it is below:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/932981-final-fantasy-xv/66563662
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/932981-final-fantasy-xv/66571819
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/932981-final-fantasy-xv/66582787
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/932981-final-fantasy-xv/66598976

Now then...

Today's combatants:
-------------------------------

Exdeath (Final Fantasy V) vs Ultimecia (Final Fantasy VIII)

Exdeath: Also known as X-Death, ExDeath, or Exodus, is the main antagonist of Final Fantasy V. According to Ghido, despite his knightly appearance, Exdeath was once, and still is to an extent, a tree from the Great Forest of Moore. After the malicious warlock-king Enuo was defeated and the Void was sealed away, humans turned to an alternative solution to purge their land of corruption and terror into a tree in the Great Forest of Moore. However the various souls residing within the tree eventually made it self-aware and it assumed a human-like form, a being as evil as the many souls that had spawned him, and Exdeath was born.

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Exdeath

Ultimecia: She is the main antagonist in Final Fantasy VIII. A powerful sorceress from a future many generations ahead of the game's time, her ultimate goal is to compress all time and space to become "a living god". Ultimecia's exact age and timeframe in the future is kept ambiguous; the only hint given is that Ultimecia is stated to exist "many generations in the future".

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Ultimecia

A couple of categories:

Who has the better appearance?

Who has the better personality?

Who was more of a threat? (game play and story wise)

Who would win in a fight?

Who is better developed?

Also so the mods don't get on my jock for not having a XV related topic... Do you expect Noctis' dad, (Regis Lucis Caelum) to die at some point in the game? With the scene where the villain has him held at what looks like gun point, it could stand as an interesting plot device, agreed?
---
FF: IX=T>VI>V>XII>IV>T-0>VII>TA>III>XI>IVTAY>TA2>VIII>I>X=II>XIII>XIII-2>XIV>X-2
Lost Odyssey>FFXIII
#2DragoonGriffithPosted 7/1/2013 2:59:41 PM
Exdeath and it's not even close.

Both are not well written, but at least Exdeath has that charm.

Ultimecia has that look of a Lady Gaga impersonator.
---
"Looks like we now know where all hot chicks in FF XV went."- About Drakengard 3.
#3ZeroBeatt(Topic Creator)Posted 7/1/2013 3:03:56 PM
DragoonGriffith posted...
Exdeath and it's not even close.

Both are not well written, but at least Exdeath has that charm.

Ultimecia has that look of a Lady Gaga impersonator.

I agree with you about Exdeath over Ulti but I promised I wouldn't vote :(

Lol she kinda does look like her doesn't she? Her and Yunalesca... now if only we could get Lulu in that outfit

>_>
<_<
>_>
---
FF: IX=T>VI>V>XII>IV>T-0>VII>TA>III>XI>IVTAY>TA2>VIII>I>X=II>XIII>XIII-2>XIV>X-2
Lost Odyssey>FFXIII
#4AesopRockzPosted 7/1/2013 3:21:13 PM
This one is a little one sided imo. Exdeath was personally one of my favorites in the series. I'll do my best to answer without bias though.

Who has the better appearance? - Exdeath looks more the part for a villain. Ultimecia is attractive I'll give her that.

Who has the better personality? - Again Exdeath. Not much I can really even pull from Ultimecia. Based on her dialogue she is controlling to say the least.

Who was more of a threat? (game play and story wise) - Exdeath by a godly margin! I would say on a destructive scale Exdeath >>>> Any other main villain in the series. You know you're doing something right when the cosmos isn't safe from you! Not sure game play wise. I was pretty powerful when I fought Ultimecia so I had no trouble at all (VIII is really broken might I add) Exdeath was pretty tough though.

Who would win in a fight? - Look at my above post

Who is better developed? - Exdeath I would say. Say things about Ultimecia are left unclear and rather vague.
#5AesopRockzPosted 7/1/2013 3:34:42 PM
By the way Zero. You should probably change your post from "First question I want to get out of the way: Who did you like more?" to "Which was the better villain?" Because if your getting your results from when character they liked more, you're not going to get an unbiased result.
#6ZeroBeatt(Topic Creator)Posted 7/1/2013 3:36:03 PM
AesopRockz posted...
This one is a little one sided imo. Exdeath was personally one of my favorites in the series. I'll do my best to answer without bias though.

Who has the better appearance? - Exdeath looks more the part for a villain. Ultimecia is attractive I'll give her that.

Who has the better personality? - Again Exdeath. Not much I can really even pull from Ultimecia. Based on her dialogue she is controlling to say the least.

Who was more of a threat? (game play and story wise) - Exdeath by a godly margin! I would say on a destructive scale Exdeath >>>> Any other main villain in the series. You know you're doing something right when the cosmos isn't safe from you! Not sure game play wise. I was pretty powerful when I fought Ultimecia so I had no trouble at all (VIII is really broken might I add) Exdeath was pretty tough though.

Who is better developed? - Exdeath I would say. Say things about Ultimecia are left unclear and rather vague.

So I guess it's safe to assume you voted for Ultimecia correct?
---
Lost Odyssey>FFXIII
#7ZeroBeatt(Topic Creator)Posted 7/1/2013 3:37:33 PM
AesopRockz posted...
By the way Zero. You should probably change your post from "First question I want to get out of the way: Who did you like more?" to "Which was the better villain?" Because if your getting your results from when character they liked more, you're not going to get an unbiased result.

Huh good point. I'll get right on it. Thanks :D
---
Lost Odyssey>FFXIII
#8AesopRockzPosted 7/1/2013 3:38:58 PM
ZeroBeatt posted...
AesopRockz posted...

But of course I di- Wait, NO! >:0
#9ZeroBeatt(Topic Creator)Posted 7/1/2013 3:44:08 PM
AesopRockz posted...
ZeroBeatt posted...
AesopRockz posted...

But of course I di- Wait, NO! >:0

http://carryingthegun.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/personal_trollface_hd.png
---
Lost Odyssey>FFXIII
#10The_Undying_84Posted 7/1/2013 5:37:59 PM
Exdeath is hilariously evil. Like he's literally just pure evil in the form of a tree. And he has this theme song to prove it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EjCyfFLxFs

Ultimecia is a weird dressing wacko who wants to compress time for some reason.
---
PSN: TheUndying84