The Official villainry "Random Enounter" Topic: Day 6

#1ZeroBeattPosted 7/2/2013 9:33:17 AM(edited)
First question I want to get out of the way: Who was the better character? - Results (58 votes)
Galenth Dysley
29.31% (17 votes)
Kefka
70.69% (41 votes)
This poll is now closed.
This is something new that I've kind of wanted to do for a while. Here we put each villain on an equal basis and compare them. The topic is called "Random Encounter" because I use a generator in deciding who goes against who. This is a poll as well as an open discussion.

Yesterday we compared the living demon, Exdeath to the time sorceress, Ultimecia. In a nearly overlapping vote Exdeath won it 27-to-14! That might be the biggest lead as of yet. It was impressive bout of time vs space. While Ultimecia's time-dimension [i]kompression[/i] is impressive it was no match for the ability to incarcerate the entire cosmos and its dimensional planes (including time and space) into a single atom. But don't be sad the hair antler trend will live on.... until Seymour dies that is B) Exdeath will advance to the next round along with Gabranth, Jergan and Seymour.

These polls are now closed but if you wish to visit the previous topics it is below:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/932981-final-fantasy-xv/66563662
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/932981-final-fantasy-xv/66571819
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/932981-final-fantasy-xv/66582787
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/932981-final-fantasy-xv/66598976
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/932981-final-fantasy-xv/66618832

Now then...

Today's combatants:
-------------------------------

Galenth Dysley (Final Fantasy XIII) vs Kefka Palazzo (Final Fantasy VI)

Dysley: He is the main antagonist of Final Fantasy XIII. He is often seen with a rukh familiar called Menrva, which is actually an extension of his power. Voted into the position of Primarch by Cocoon's citizens, Dysley is the leading figure of the Sanctum. While he appears to be a well-respected man of the people, promising their continued peace, this is actually a mask which Dysley uses to hide a darker element of his true nature.

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Galenth_Dysley

Kefka: Also known as Lord Kefka upon ascension to Godhood, is the main antagonist of Final Fantasy VI. The prototype to the Magitek Knights, Kefka acts as Emperor Gestahl's court mage carrying out the emperor's orders, but behind his back schemes for his own ends. At least sixteen years prior to the start of Final Fantasy VI, Kefka was the first experimental Magitek Knight, which gifted him incredible magical power, but shattered his sanity as a side effect of the process not being perfected.

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Kefka_Palazzo
-------------------------------

A couple of categories:

Who has the better appearance?

Who has the better personality?

Who was more of a threat? (game play and story wise)

Who would win in a fight?

Who is better developed?

Also so the mods don't get on my jock for not having a XV related topic... Regarding red haired man with the umbrella.
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130612231613/finalfantasy/images/5/51/51b7a7dd_Final-Fantasy-XV-Unknown-1.png

So far he appears to be the only male character (besides the older look man) who is smiling.
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130613032658/finalfantasy/images/5/55/Final_Fantasy_XV_-_Cast.PNG Do you think he will be one of the more likable characters? Or maybe even the sly double agent type?
---
FF: IX=T>VI>V>XII>IV>T-0>VII>TA>III>XI>IVTAY>TA2>VIII>I>X=II>XIII>XIII-2>XIV>X-2
Lost Odyssey>FFXIII
#2DragoonGriffithPosted 7/2/2013 9:37:35 AM
A amusing villain who does things for the evil lulz, succeeds and is threatening, or someone who's like a stale bread with his motivations being as clear as muddy waters?

Hmm...
---
"Looks like we now know where all hot chicks in FF XV went."- About Drakengard 3.
#3ZeroBeatt(Topic Creator)Posted 7/2/2013 9:39:24 AM
DragoonGriffith posted...
A amusing villain who does things for the evil lulz, succeeds and is threatening, or someone who's like a stale bread with his motivations being as clear as muddy waters?

Hmm...

I was really hoping the generator wouldn't match Dysley up with someone like him or Kuja >_< But it looks like the outcome was a troll one lol.
---
FF: IX=T>VI>V>XII>IV>T-0>VII>TA>III>XI>IVTAY>TA2>VIII>I>X=II>XIII>XIII-2>XIV>X-2
Lost Odyssey>FFXIII
#4DemonPathRevyaPosted 7/2/2013 9:42:45 AM(edited)
Haha Kefka and Dysley? This... is... hilarious XD
---
"Not on my watch Monsieur Napolean Bonerhard!!!" -Tink
#5gjvaquinoPosted 7/2/2013 9:53:12 AM
Crazy vs. Logic

Clearly the more dangerous villain is the villain who is unpredictable. The other one operates under preprogrammed logic that they can not turn against. It will be easier to anticipate their moves considering they have to employ l'cie to act on their behalf. I think that this is one of the reasons that made previous villains in the ff series more likable is not because they were relate-able but rather they were unpredictable and we didn't know what they were capable of in contrast to the villains of ff13 they were pretty stale... once they've served their purpose they were tossed out..... Plot device?
---
Sneer
Plunge into the chasms of time. - Jihl Nabaat
#6AesopRockzPosted 7/2/2013 9:58:49 AM
gjvaquino posted...
Crazy vs. Logic

Clearly the more dangerous villain is the villain who is unpredictable. The other one operates under preprogrammed logic that they can not turn against. It will be easier to anticipate their moves considering they have to employ l'cie to act on their behalf. I think that this is one of the reasons that made previous villains in the ff series more likable is not because they were relate-able but rather they were unpredictable and we didn't know what they were capable of in contrast to the villains of ff13 they were pretty stale... once they've served their purpose they were tossed out..... Plot device?

I'd argue that there wasn't any real logic in Barts plans. Just saying >_> He probably had a steady goal but with so little action and more reliant on pieces to just fall together it was probably only good in his own mind.
#7roxas9001Posted 7/2/2013 10:15:20 AM
ZeroBeatt posted...
A couple of categories:

Who is better developed?

1. Bart
2. The both of them lack a personality
3. Gameplay wise its Bart but Story wise its Kefka
4. Bart
5. Neither
#8DemonPathRevyaPosted 7/2/2013 10:16:58 AM
gjvaquino posted...
Crazy vs. Logic

Actually I have to disagree there. Dysley idea of a puppet master was to basically just sit a watch because it was going to happen anyway. There's never really anything to back his so called "master scheme" up. His "grand plot" simply has the heroes going from Point A to Point B, and hoping they get depressed along the way. The only way for him to make sure they even go where he wants is to give them a ship that they have no control over. In the end, he just figures he's done enough and has them head to Eden for the final battle despite them lashing at him every round of the way.

Basically he's hoping that the things he shows them will cause their character development to progress in a way that shouldn't be expected as a typical reaction to what he exposed them to, and fails even when he uses it on Final Fantasy characters who are predisposed to that kind of angst.

In the end they kill Orpahn anyway.... -_-
---
"Not on my watch Monsieur Napolean Bonerhard!!!" -Tink
#9ZeroBeatt(Topic Creator)Posted 7/2/2013 10:18:51 AM
roxas9001 posted...
ZeroBeatt posted...
A couple of categories:

Who is better developed?

1. Bart
2. The both of them lack a personality
3. Gameplay wise its Bart but Story wise its Kefka
4. Bart
5. Neither

Come now they both had personality. One was senile the other was insane lol.
---
Lost Odyssey>FFXIII
#10ZeroBeatt(Topic Creator)Posted 7/2/2013 10:22:05 AM
DemonPathRevya posted...
gjvaquino posted...
Crazy vs. Logic

Actually I have to disagree there. Dysley idea of a puppet master was to basically just sit a watch because it was going to happen anyway. There's never really anything to back his so called "master scheme" up. His "grand plot" simply has the heroes going from Point A to Point B, and hoping they get depressed along the way. The only way for him to make sure they even go where he wants is to give them a ship that they have no control over. In the end, he just figures he's done enough and has them head to Eden for the final battle despite them lashing at him every round of the way.

Basically he's hoping that the things he shows them will cause their character development to progress in a way that shouldn't be expected as a typical reaction to what he exposed them to, and fails even when he uses it on Final Fantasy characters who are predisposed to that kind of angst.

In the end they kill Orpahn anyway.... -_-

^This is funny but true XD
---
Lost Odyssey>FFXIII