Glad this game is stepping away from the whole cliche save the world deal.

#1kill_distroyPosted 7/4/2013 6:32:03 AM
I've been reading some topics and I've noticed some people complaining that the story is about retrieving a crystal rather than saving the world. Really? You're complaining about that because.......?

Didn't we get enough games including final fantasy games all about saving the world from destruction by a madman hellbent on doing that just to prove that he is evil? People are still not tired from that?

Final Fantasy XV looks like it'll take the simple route. It's aiming to deliver a story that makes more sense. Noctis is the prince of a country. He isn't worrying about the end of the world, but rather his Kingdom itself. If Final Fantasy XV focuses on delivering this story well enough, that itself would be 100 times better than the whole deal and stupid plot twists in FFXIII.

Besides, I think that no matter how good a story is, the characters themselves will make or break it.
---
Got it Memorized?
GT: Risev / PSN: RisevQ8
#2ShinGundamPosted 7/4/2013 6:36:45 AM
I think that is just the base story and saving the world is staple of many JRPGs afterall.
#3TehAssasinPosted 7/4/2013 6:49:46 AM
Well, the basic premise of the plot is to recover Lucis's crystal and return it to the rightful place, but we don't know what happens subsequently. But so far, the plot does feel like it's returning to a more basic structure, making it more subtle to allow more room for gameplay and exploration.
#4DragoonGriffithPosted 7/4/2013 6:53:18 AM
The plot of FFXV so far sounds like a mix between FF1-5 and FF12.

Which is great to me.
The plot being about crystals is a huge plus to the game IMO.

Obviously, it won't end at that, and it will probably turn to something more epic.
---
"Looks like we now know where all hot chicks in FF XV went."- About Drakengard 3.
#5zodiac_swordPosted 7/4/2013 6:59:29 AM
Who says that it is?
---
What do you think it means when a girl leaves a fake mustache at your house?
#6RomangeloPosted 7/4/2013 7:06:11 AM
VIII - save Rinoa.
X - save Yuna. save the world is Yuna's goal but we play as Tidus.
XII - save Rabanastre and revenge my brother!
XIII - save cocoon, cocoon is not a world.
XIII-2 - save the future.
LRXIII - save Serah.
---
X > V > T > VI > XII > XIII-2 > Type-0 > VIII > VII > X-2 > TLR > XIII > IV > IX > II > III > I > XV
#7Emerald_WyvernPosted 7/4/2013 7:19:34 AM
Proof that it doesn't become a save the world story?
---
"Hey I know! I'll use my trusty frying pan.. as a drying pan!" - Brock
#8kingrat2314Posted 7/4/2013 7:45:02 AM
It's a JRPG, you better believe it turns into a save the world plot 3/4 of the way through.
---
New Modest Mouse album - 2014!
Final Fantasy XV is going to be one of the best Final Fantasy games.