"X will rival FF15"

#17lightsXIIIPosted 7/5/2013 10:14:50 PM
...You know what "X" is right? - Results (541 votes)
Yep.
73.94% (400 votes)
Nope.
26.06% (141 votes)
This poll is now closed.
People on the X board thinks that it will rival this game. How would X rival it in anyway? Someone said on the FF fourms that FF15 won't be coming to Wii U because of X. Wow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APWTJMyM4qg

http://youtu.be/P3xKbPooKAo
---
...In a Sexual way...
Chrom, Lucina, Shulk, Megaman, Toon Zelda for SSB4
#27lightsXIII(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2013 10:17:00 PM
Look at one of the links I posted, people in the comments are gloating about X.
---
...In a Sexual way...
#3CaptainRandom1Posted 7/5/2013 10:18:00 PM
Unfortunately FF15 looks like it wont be a JRPG, and it will be following the recent game trend of jumping off fancy linear set pieces as they explode.
---
3DS FC 4253-3597-1691
#4gtaking5Posted 7/5/2013 10:22:53 PM
Unfortunately FF15 looks like it wont be a JRPG, and it will be following the recent game trend of jumping off fancy linear set pieces as they explode.

It's not. It's an ARPG. It's been known since 2006 that it wouldn't be a standard FF game.
---
I'll swing by and sign the contracts alright, just ignore the bodies - Trevor Phillips
#57lightsXIII(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2013 10:22:58 PM
^True but still have faith in the game bro.
---
...In a Sexual way...
#6ValorZraykPosted 7/5/2013 10:23:02 PM
CaptainRandom1 posted...
Unfortunately FF15 looks like it wont be a JRPG

What?
---
Kingdom Hearts: 3D>BbS>1>Days>Coded>ReCOM>2 >CoM
Final Fantasy: 10>9>13>7>12>6>4>1>2
#7CaptainRandom1Posted 7/5/2013 10:24:24 PM
ValorZrayk posted...
CaptainRandom1 posted...

What?

I like the JRPG Final Fantasys better. i think they are better games. It is unfortunate that they are going with action RPG.
---
3DS FC 4253-3597-1691
#8MetalKeiyaPosted 7/5/2013 10:24:46 PM
CaptainRandom1 posted...

And with that logic, Skyrim is not an RPG because it features first person-view, and Mass Effect is not an RPG because it's a shooter. Both are "recent game trends", and by your assumption, "recent game trends will prevent a game from being an RPG", so Skyrim and Mass Effect are not RPG's. Neither are Borderlands, Fallout, and even Valkyria Chronicles and Etrian Odyssey.

#dropthemic

I'm very, very excited for X, and I feel like the old Squaresoft teams are on the move again (both X and FFXV). I want to play both of their projects, which I'm sure both will be outstanding.
---
There are two kinds of Final Fantasy Fans: Those who liked one game and wish all the other games in the series were exact copies of it, and those who don't.
#9ValorZraykPosted 7/5/2013 10:26:02 PM
CaptainRandom1 posted...
ValorZrayk posted...
CaptainRandom1 posted...

What?

I like the JRPG Final Fantasys better. i think they are better games. It is unfortunate that they are going with action RPG.

JRPG and ARPG are not mutually exclusive. Kingdom Hearts is a great example of a action-japanese-rpg.
---
Kingdom Hearts: 3D>BbS>1>Days>Coded>ReCOM>2 >CoM
Final Fantasy: 10>9>13>7>12>6>4>1>2
#10CaptainRandom1Posted 7/5/2013 10:28:45 PM
MetalKeiya posted...
CaptainRandom1 posted...

And with that logic, Skyrim is not an RPG because it features first person-view, and Mass Effect is not an RPG because it's a shooter. Both are "recent game trends", and by your assumption, "recent game trends will prevent a game from being an RPG", so Skyrim and Mass Effect are not RPG's. Neither are Borderlands, Fallout, and even Valkyria Chronicles and Etrian Odyssey.

#dropthemic

I'm very, very excited for X, and I feel like the old Squaresoft teams are on the move again (both X and FFXV). I want to play both of their projects, which I'm sure both will be outstanding.

Notice how I conected the two thoughts with the word "and" not "because". I never said that modern games can not be RPGs.
---
3DS FC 4253-3597-1691