Do you guys want the Japanese audio with English subtitles?

#1Jehuty726Posted 7/7/2013 7:40:52 AM
http://finaland.com/?rub=site&page=news&id=4865
I was reading this lengthy interview, Nomura said that if Europe wants Japanese Audio w/ french text, contact SQEX branch of Europe or French. What about US? I wanted it, if yes, please say yes yes yes to SQEX USA.
---
http://www.change.org/petitions/sega-bring-guardian-heroes-hd-to-psn
Final Fantasy XV trailer was so awesome....I love you, Nomura..
#2zodiac_swordPosted 7/7/2013 7:46:44 AM
No.
---
What do you think it means when a girl leaves a fake mustache at your house?
#3resi5fanPosted 7/7/2013 7:47:26 AM
It depends. If it will only add a maximum of 1-2 months of development time (thus extending even more the gap between the Japanese and the worldwide release) then I am all for it. But if it adds more than 3 months of development time then I don't think it's worth it really. This is all assuming of course that it is possible to put the cutscenes twice in a 25GB-50GB Blu-Ray disc
#4Jehuty726(Topic Creator)Posted 7/7/2013 7:52:30 AM
@resi5fan Did you read the interview? Nomura pointed out the same thing, like lip sync and disc capacity. But the solution mentioned to Nomura was a limited edition with no English audio, just English text. That solved the development time, disc capacity and lip sync. They have to do the English subtitles anywhere regardless of what language it is in.
---
#5laskalPosted 7/7/2013 7:56:25 AM(edited)
I do. But that's me, person who waited half a year for "Dark Knight Rises" dvd, just so he doesn't have to watch it in Russian Dub in cinemas.
I always prefer the original voice acting, because I want to save as much of the original as possible. Including the original voice acting, inflections and all that jazz. I feel like subtitles are better option, because they aren't actually replacing anything from the original. You get ALL OF THE ORIGINAL, just with the translation, on top of it.
The closer I can get to playing/watching/reading something in its original language, the better. Subtitles are the closest I can get in movies and video games, if it's the language I don't understand.

As for the "special edition" I don't see what's the big problem is. They are going to release such version anyway... ASIA region of the game most likely will feature japanese voice acting with english subtitles. It did this generation.
---
Official Lightning's shorts and Selphie's panties of every board.
Official Kairi's panties and Aqua's shorts of KH3 board.
#6laskalPosted 7/7/2013 7:55:29 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#7SteelCurtain17Posted 7/7/2013 7:56:03 AM
Nope......I want to hear the game in my native language.........English
---
Born a Steelers, Reds, and Hoosiers Fan!PSN- Cotner84
"The Xbone. It's like cable, except it watches you." -SwimmingToaster
#8Jehuty726(Topic Creator)Posted 7/7/2013 7:57:29 AM
SteelCurtain17 posted...

But there is a group, a big group rather that wants it to be in Japanese. Japanese language sometimes can capture the emotion better.
---
#9kupo1705Posted 7/7/2013 7:57:56 AM
I only care about Japanese audio if a game is actually set in Japan.
#10SteelCurtain17Posted 7/7/2013 7:58:36 AM
Jehuty726 posted...
SteelCurtain17 posted...

But there is a group, a big group rather that wants it to be in Japanese. Japanese language sometimes can capture the emotion better.

It isn't as big as you think it is.........and that is very debatable.
---
Born a Steelers, Reds, and Hoosiers Fan!PSN- Cotner84
"The Xbone. It's like cable, except it watches you." -SwimmingToaster