Do you guys want the Japanese audio with English subtitles?

#121SilbePosted 7/7/2013 5:28:52 PM
There IS bad voice acting, believe me. When voices are bland because the VA doesn't care, when they overact lines, when accents are lost becaus they were too lazy to find the dubs equivalent of said accent, when accents are added where none should be, wrong pronunciations, bad translations or simply the wrong voice for a specific character. These things are NOT an opinion. It's not the same as saying Omygosh, I don't like that ones voice.......because!........

And depending on the country voice actors are simply perceived differently. Japan has star voiceactors, hyped, bands, shows, awards, songs, and they have hordes of fans.. While in Germany and in the USA/Brittain most VA are not even well known. This does have impact on the work they do.
---
Steam/PSN:mezzokakerlake/Petz/Lv200/Fighter
Neu:______mezzokakerlake2/Heiji/Lv38/Mage
#122Kit_SakurazukaPosted 7/7/2013 6:47:32 PM
I absolutely want Japanese audio and English subtitles. I would LOVE to see a special or limited edition release with this feature, though I'd expect it to cost a bit more in order to deter reverse-importing (Probably $80 or $90ish, in line with Japanese pricing) but also come out close to or simultaneously with the Japanese version. Then they could release a dubbed version a few months down the line, whenever the English voicework was done.

Everyone wins: You can get the game early with the original high-quality voices, or you can wait a bit and get the high-quality English dub. I guarantee that both would sell well, and if they made the gap long enough and the saves universal, I bet they could entice a LOT of people to double-dip.
---
Sony/Yaoi fangirl | Original voices only! | PSN: Elthara
Playing: Kingdom Hearts: 3D, Soul Calibur V (Leixia), Hakuoki: DotFB, GoC: Pandora's Reflection.
#123FreshSushiPosted 7/7/2013 6:48:11 PM
Yeah, ham and cheese go down better that way.
---
Dark Souls 2
Don't screw it up From
#124rpgczarPosted 7/7/2013 6:51:24 PM
those that want Japanese voices can just buy Japanese version
#125MoooglemanPosted 7/7/2013 8:39:52 PM
The option would be nice but not if it is a dubtitle like most games. I hate playing a game and then the text is the same as the dub so it doesn't match up with what they are saying. I don't speak fluent but I speak enough to get irked enough that if the dub sucks I don't know what to do. Crappy dub? Or crappy sub? Of course if the original va suck too then your just sol. I usually fast forwards text though cuz I read a lot faster than they talk and I am impatient. Cutscenes is fine but in game dialogue gets skipped for the most part.
#126rpglover13Posted 7/7/2013 8:51:34 PM
I actually thought this when I saw the trailer at E3. I seriously wouldn't mind it, especially if it reduced the waiting for a release.
#127lordsesshomoruPosted 7/7/2013 10:02:33 PM
Personally I rather have English voice-overs because I don't like reading while playing a game. It also distracts my eyes to a certain part of the screen and not on the action. But I've noticed several people that wants the Japanese voice-overs so in my opinion they should put an option in the game to let you choose whether you want English voice-overs or Japanese voice-overs.
#128Pirate_BalthierPosted 7/7/2013 10:04:47 PM
I don't like japanese voices much, either they sound too high pitched for my taste or too generic for my taste. I can't say english voices are that much better but at least they do have some nice surprises here and there.
---
http://d22dmam3ig6p12.cloudfront.net/media/pics/art_9164_id_1.jpeg
I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.
#129JackNiefPosted 7/8/2013 12:23:54 AM
Considering most dubwork is actually halfway decent nowadays, I'm gonna go with 'nuh'. However, the option for having the original Japanese audio, if possible, should not be overlooked.
---
Proud Owner of: Playstation 3, Xbox360, Gaming PC, PSP, DS, Vita
<CHANGE> all the <THINGS!> ...but not console accessibility.