What do you expect in terms of world - linear vs open?

#21BlazingRainPosted 7/12/2013 12:19:01 AM
ShinGundam posted...
I think it is linear in the same way that older FF are linear but the city maps looks larger than anything made by Square.

If you look at how quickly they were moving across that map from the trailer, it actually seems pretty small. And it was definitely smaller than Rabanastre.
---
La Illaha Illa Allah, Muhammad Rasul Allah
#22ShinGundamPosted 7/12/2013 12:22:18 AM
Which trailer?
#23TehAssasinPosted 7/12/2013 12:28:26 AM
BlazingRain posted...
ShinGundam posted...
I think it is linear in the same way that older FF are linear but the city maps looks larger than anything made by Square.

If you look at how quickly they were moving across that map from the trailer, it actually seems pretty small. And it was definitely smaller than Rabanastre.

Actually, I'm quite sure Lucis and Accordo are both larger than Rabanastre individually, especially since the explorable area in Rabanastre isn't that huge to begin with. I consider Esthar City from FFVIII to be (unnecessarily) larger in that respect.
#24nfobiaPosted 7/12/2013 12:57:55 AM
Definitely linear because it seems to have ambitious story according to trailers and Nomura. Sure there will be much optional stuff do but it seems people often mistake term 'open world' and doesn't really understand what it means. This ain't gonna be new The Elder Scrolls or Dragon's Dogma, and its good that way.
#25TheGaijinPosted 7/12/2013 1:39:41 AM
They said it's open with old-school world map
---
Final Fantasy XIV Beta: The Gaijin @ Tonberry - ARR: Masamune Legacy Server
#26CranberryTacoPosted 7/12/2013 3:03:51 AM(edited)
hyro56 posted...
Final Hallway XV

Hurr Durr

Lol. Towns and airships were promised. Although i heard Kingdom Farts was linear as well. Still need to get around that kiddy game someday. Or not.

FreshSushi posted...
You mean the same cave copy and pasted 9000 times throughout the snow.

Spot on. Bethesda accomplished more with Skyrim than Square Enix could ever dream of accomplishing yet the repeative caves tend to bore the player.
---
1988 / Versus XIII/XV.
#27singhellotakuPosted 7/12/2013 2:39:52 PM
I'm betting super linear, like a melee focused version of a rail shooter.