Faris vs Lightning

#1GaboadoPosted 7/14/2013 11:17:20 AM
Faris vs Lightning - Results (103 votes)
Faris (Final Fantasy V)
61.17% (63 votes)
Lightning (Final Fantasy XIII)
38.83% (40 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Lightning donīt dress like men, but is a man inside. Shame there is no "good" 3D remake of Faris, I really wish she have purple/pink hair in a future 3DS remake or Dissidia 011.
#2SilentNova777Posted 7/14/2013 11:20:30 AM
I can't compare them enough to argue who might possibly be better. Plus Faris wasn't really a main in the way that Lightning was and will be again. On top of that Faris had fairly short story in comparison.
---
PSN: SilentNova XBox Live:SilentNova777 Wii:7762-0631-5048-5334 Tatsunoko vs. Capcom:2450-6027-0846/S.Nova
#3SugarBoogersPosted 7/14/2013 11:39:20 AM
I actually like Lightning (or at least what she was in XIII), but FFV always wins in my book.
---
Oh delightful! The KH boards have gone to complete s*** and I was looking for a new place to chill.
- Me, being horribly mistaken about the Sticker Star Boards
#4gamewarrior88Posted 7/14/2013 11:44:36 AM
Can't make a call here...since Faris didn't have a particular major development in the story of FFV...then again, Lightning didn't have all that much either.

Gamewise though, it is close...but FFV wins in my opinion.
---
-----------------------------------------------
In this world, there was only one way...the Valmanway. But now, there is a better way...the Valmanway +1.
#5chocolatesodaPosted 7/14/2013 11:59:49 AM
Lightning (though I have nothing against Faris)
#6PerlesquePosted 7/14/2013 12:08:38 PM
Too easy.

Faris. Her dialogue expresses the genuine personality of a pirate, and further supports her cogent background as being surrounded by cabin boys and pirates much of her life. For development, it's this same background serving as a plausible reason for her inability to adjust to royalty (or as a figure in a royal setting).

The other half of her development involves her close companion Syldra, which she's shown to care deeply for throughout the story. Syldra best serves to show Faris' compassionate end, a direct contrast to the rugged risktaking pirates around her inspiring just that.

She's all about that life! Swashbuckling, bar-hopping lady she is.
#7EscaSyraPosted 7/14/2013 2:38:50 PM
I like both, but Faris wins for me.
---
LoL IGN: CakeEsco
PSN: CougheeCake
#8OpheliaAdenadePosted 7/14/2013 3:11:28 PM
Though I like them both, I give the edge to Faris because she's a pirate. :D
---
They say she's low down, but it's just a rumor I don't believe 'em.
#9heartlesshero17Posted 7/14/2013 3:55:41 PM
Faris. Her design is awesome and her character is simple yet likable. Helps that FFV is also one of my favorites.

Would like to see her in dissidia just to see what kind of style they give us. Would assume Blonde hair like the original artworks from Amano but then again Bartz got his brown hair anyways even though he only had like 2 pieces of Amano art that showed him with with brown hair. One which was in the GBA version years after original Amano drawings. The other...I can't even remember if it even exists. Hope they go the Bartz route and give her Amano clothing and in game hair color
---
Pain, first in the world to beat Penance in FFX International NSG!
^ it will happen!!!!
#10atma6Posted 7/14/2013 5:01:33 PM
Lightning says more than "Papa" over and over again, so she gets my vote.
---
Mistranslations for the Modern Gamer
http://mistranslationformg.blogspot.com/