I think this will be the best Final Fantasy story since Final Fantasy X

#81LitanePosted 7/19/2013 3:05:54 PM
theofficefan99 posted...

I wish I wasn't iffy on my knowledge of FFX since I haven't played it in a while but there are zero holes with Tidus' situation and fate and the way the fayth works. Everything is explained. I don't think you know what a plot hole is.

It's not really a plot hole but I did feel it was poor writing and probably my least favourite thing about FFX's otherwise awesome story. I have no problem with Dream Zanarkand and Tidus and Jecht not being real but the explanations given for how they existed outside of the dream world they were conjured up inside were pretty insufficient in my eyes. It basically came down to being near Sin makes you real (Jecht encountered Sin when he strayed far out to "dream sea") and "because pyreflies"
---
To call for hands from above to lean on, wouldn't be good enough for me
F*** You Got Mine. Ellie <3
#82BrightShield786Posted 7/19/2013 3:08:02 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
BrightShield786 posted...
Hmm... FFX has a good amount of fans on here. I like the game, but the story was always pretty bad. Even the main character is a walking talking plot hole.

*spoilers*

How exactly does a dream become sentient and develop thoughts and feelings of it's own? The game's answer: it just does. lol. That was just as bad as video game characters coming to life in Star Ocean 3. These awful "twists", weren't thought out at all, and are clear holes in the story. There is so much wrong with Tidus being a dream, that it's laughable. For example, if Tidus is a dream of the fayth, wouldn't he simply fade away once they awakened? Instead he dies and goes to the far plane. How can a dream die if it was never real to begin with? All dreams go to heaven I guess... lol ridiculous.

*end spoilers*

I wish I wasn't iffy on my knowledge of FFX since I haven't played it in a while but there are zero holes with Tidus' situation and fate and the way the fayth works. Everything is explained. I don't think you know what a plot hole is.

Says the guy that couldn't counter a single thing I said.

No the dream/fayth thing is never properly explained, just like the video game character twist in SO3.

I like FFX dude. I'm just not blind to it's ridiculous writing, and plot holes. Hell, the entire game of Blitzball can be considered a hole when you think about it. How is it that the players can hold their breath for 5 minutes at a time, while exerting tons of energy? Not possible. Not by a long shot.
---
"The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword." - Eddard Stark - A Game of Thrones
#83GigantLuffyPosted 7/19/2013 4:11:43 PM(edited)
You cringe at the story of FFXIII yet you praise FFX?

FFXIII's story is beyond cringe worthy. There is no justification for a Focus, and having to research and readmassive datalogs just to get a gist of the world the story attempts to portray.

Hell, the entire game of Blitzball can be considered a hole when you think about it. How is it that the players can hold their breath for 5 minutes at a time, while exerting tons of energy? Not possible. Not by a long shot.

That's not really a plot hole though. Super Human attributes are common throughout fiction. Besides there are even more extreme instances of superhuman endurance in the earlier FF games. The most notable one would be Cid surviving a blast that could destroy a large mountain in FFIV.
---
Official Getter Robo of your heart
Currently Playing: Final Fantasy IX and Shin Megaten IV
#84Vasquez14Posted 7/19/2013 10:52:48 PM
GigantLuffy posted...

That's not really a plot hole though. Super Human attributes are common throughout fiction. Besides there are even more extreme instances of superhuman endurance in the earlier FF games. The most notable one would be Cid surviving a blast that could destroy a large mountain in FFIV.

This. And for anyone who hasn't played IV, he wasn't at the edge of the explosion or anything, no he was in the f-ing core of the explosion.

Another thing that bugged me. The Tower of Babil in IV aswell, it seems like people in the game never really questioned it. "Oh hey, a giant mysterious tower that connects our world to the world of Eidolons and Dwarfs, let's just think nothing of it." Who built it, what's it's purpose, etc.
---
The below text is in the Al Bhed language of Final Fantasy X.
Dra daqd ypuja ec dryd uv dra Ahkmecr myhkiyka.
#85key11207Posted 7/20/2013 12:57:41 AM
the thing about tidus and jecht has bothered me too my assumption is that they could be two of the thousands of people that sacrificed themselves to become the fayth in zanarkan the farplane can be viewed as the spirit world i guess something that always been there