What got you into Final Fantasy?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. What got you into Final Fantasy?
2 years ago#1
(Inspired by this topic http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/932981-final-fantasy-xv/66723911)

I was practically born into it. My dad was playing them on the SNES before I was born and I grew up watching my siblings play through FF7 through 9 on our Playstation.
GT: CynicalRaptor26//PSN: DuodecimKnight//PKMN Black2 FC: 2280 6133 3461
2 years ago#2
A friend broke his leg and bought FFVII as something to sink some time into while he wasn't able to do much. I went over to keep him company and watched him play some. Got Final Fantasy VIII some time later and it went from there.
"I am the Truest Repairman!"
2 years ago#3
I got FFVIII demo disc from pizza hut and just loved it. Years before when I was 4 I played FFI but didn't like it much back then and didn't know the name of the game until a few years after I beat FFVIII. Amazing how it was the same series. So I went back and tried them all
Pain, first in the world to beat Penance in FFX International NSG!
^ it will happen!!!!
2 years ago#4
I played a bit of Final Fantasy VII at a friend's house. He let me borrow the first disc. I then saw the movie. I then purchased Final Fantasy VIII.
I'm not man enough...to be human.
2 years ago#5
I played this game called FFI for NES in '90 when I was about 3.

I played this game called FFIII (FFVI U.S.) for the SNES in '95.

Thought the games were alright. I enjoyed them both but I mainly played SRPG's like Command and Conquer and Age of Empires 2 back then. SRPG's was my favorite genre at the time, but then I played FFVII when it came out and ended up liking it much more than I and VI.

After VII came VIII, after VIII came Anthology so I could play V. Then IX, X, X-2, XII, and I finally got around to playing my personal favorite, Tactics, after XII. I really loved everything about that game.

Got XIII, liked it, haven't got XIII-2 yet but I still might. I'm interested in Lightning Returns and this so they'll come eventually. I really need to play II, III, and IV though. I've always meant to, but I haven't got around to it.

I liked all of the games, but some I only consider average at best. Good series. Looking forward to more fun games.
LoL IGN: CakeEsco
PSN: CougheeCake
2 years ago#6
Friend had FF3 (FFVI) on his SNES. Watched him play it for a while. Borrowed it for a while. Been a fan since.
(V)0-0(V) This is Mudcrab. Copy and paste him into your signature to help him achieve world Domination.
2 years ago#7
sister's friend came over and played some ff12 from the beginning. i watched it and i thought it seemed fun, so i bought it. still the best ff i've played so far.
2 years ago#8

Thought it was going to be like Pokemon. It kinda was, only even better (at the time).
And it was the first FF released where I live.
"Looks like we now know where all hot chicks in FF XV went."- About Drakengard 3.
Triple Triad is the worst thing ever created in a video game.
2 years ago#9
The first one I played was VII (only a few years ago) and I loved it. Then I played XIII which I really loved. Then I began buying them from the PSN store one by one. I have played VI, VII, VIII, IX and XIII and my favourite by far is IX.
There are no personal problems which cannot be solved through suitable application of high explosives
2 years ago#10
Kingdom Hearts.
Fact: All fanbases are unpleaseable, deal with it.
Official Jiminy Cricket of the Kingdom Hearts III Boards
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. What got you into Final Fantasy?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived