Is this game going to be the next Final Fantasy VIII?

#1creamncookiePosted 7/16/2013 9:54:30 PM
Think about it. Both XV and VIII take place in a modern setting for the most part. VIII was also very much hyped back in the day with many people feeling as though it would be one of the best games of all time (or at least better than VII) even if the game did not live up to their expectations in the end. I wonder if this game will turn out to be the same.

In addition to this, Stella will probably share many similarities with Rinoa. We already know that both characters like to speak their minds and are straightforward in general.
#2EscaSyraPosted 7/16/2013 10:11:57 PM(edited)
I was so hyped for VIII because it had the best commercials for a game that I can remember.

It was still a good game. I really like VIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-t3Ii1Qv_bo

^ Commercial for proof.
---
LoL IGN: CakeEsco
PSN: CougheeCake
#3BurdicusPosted 7/16/2013 10:15:08 PM
I hope so. VIII had the best setting/atmosphere of the franchise and it is my personal favorite!
---
Currently playing: Ni No Kuni, Dragon's Dogma
Currently replaying: FFVIII, SotC
#4KarnRX78Posted 7/16/2013 10:28:47 PM
I loved VIII personally. The settings have their similarities I'll admit, and the hype kind of feels like it.

There are several points in the E3 trailer that invoke feelings of FF VI VII and VIII in me though. My hope overall is the game has the same impact VII did. Time will tell though.
---
21B64R09E14A35K92T29H45E17W43A82L95L19S57D36O18W39N8Y2J
(V)0-0(V) This is Mudcrab. Copy and paste him into your signature to help him achieve world Domination.
#5Tsukasa1891Posted 7/17/2013 2:23:01 AM
i hope not. ff8 was so boring. though the commercial was right about my thumbs being sore, after hours of using draw.
---
GameFAQs, where the glass is always half empty.
#6heartlesshero17Posted 7/17/2013 2:24:52 AM
In terms of style, I hope so. The designs of the world and characters are among my favorite. I did enjoy FFVIII world
---
Pain, first in the world to beat Penance in FFX International NSG!
^ it will happen!!!!
#7FreshSushiPosted 7/17/2013 2:31:48 AM
Burdicus posted...
I hope so. VIII had the best setting/atmosphere of the franchise and it is my personal favorite!

hahahahhahah
---
Miyazaki...Seriously Namco....why....wwaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiii
2014: DS II, The Evil Within, Ultra SSF4
#8badboyPosted 7/17/2013 2:38:04 AM
I doubt that it is as good as the best FF game, a.k.a. FFVIII.
#9RomangeloPosted 7/17/2013 2:49:52 AM
It's the new DmC.
---
X > V > T > VI > XII > XIII-2 > Type-0 > VIII > VII > X-2 > TLR > XIII > IV > IX > II > III > I > XV
#10BurdicusPosted 7/17/2013 7:14:34 AM
FreshSushi posted...
Burdicus posted...

hahahahhahah

Are you laughing because it's my personal favorite?

or are you laughing because I stated it has the best setting/atmosphere?

If the former, there is no need to put down someone opinion.
If the latter, FFVIII is widely known to be praised for it's atmosphere (stating it is the best is obviously opinion, but it is often praised for this so I'm justified in believing this), the storyline is where most people who don't praise the game as a whole, start to lose interest.
---
Currently playing: Ni No Kuni, Dragon's Dogma
Currently replaying: FFVIII, SotC