Kaim Argonar >> Lightning

#1serpentaurusPosted 7/22/2013 11:35:31 PM
in fact, Lost Odyssey is the thirteen final fantasy in my book.
---
Now playing: UMvC3, SSF4 AE 2012, Lost Odyssey
#2TehAssasinPosted 7/22/2013 11:40:23 PM
Agree.
---
We live in a world where Time and Eternity gets a release outside of Japan and Final Fantasy Type-0 doesn't.
#3Noctis2343Posted 7/23/2013 12:05:51 AM
I think anyone with a functioning brain would agree Kaim is a better main lol. Not that I hate 13, but they are on completely different levels of character development.
#4Valcrist_Mk2Posted 7/23/2013 12:25:38 AM
Everything excluding Lightning > Lightning.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2CmNMx52Z_k
And then he kicked the bucket by overdosing.
#5BlazingRainPosted 7/23/2013 12:42:02 AM
No and no.

Kaim is good in the Thousand Years of Dreams but unremarkable in the actual game.

And Lost Odyssey would never pass for an FF. The game lacks polish, a sound and coherent art direction, and is quite conservative in its game design.

It was a pretty good game, but if it were an FF it would've been panned even more than XIII (which was a better game).
---
La Illaha Illa Allah, Muhammad Rasul Allah
#6badboyPosted 7/23/2013 12:48:39 AM
Kaim is one hideous character.
#7ZeroBeattPosted 7/23/2013 6:34:33 AM
Well of course! I mean just look at my sig. He's lightyears ahead and he's only been in one game too XD

Kaim, Seth and Jansen>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>XIII saga period.
---
FF: IX=T>VI>V>XII>IV>T-0>VII>TA>III>XI>IVTAY>TA2>VIII>I>X=II>XIII>XIII-2>XIV>X-2
Lost Odyssey>FFXIII
#8CrevensPosted 7/23/2013 7:16:19 AM
Yeah Lost Odyssey does feel like a FF and Kaim is a pure immortal badass compared to Lightning.
---
PSN- Crevens NNID- Crevens
XBL- Crevens
#9ZeroBeattPosted 7/23/2013 9:05:27 AM
Crevens posted...
Yeah Lost Odyssey does feel like a FF and Kaim is a pure immortal badass compared to Lightning.

Indeed. The concept of immortality was done so much better in LO than it was in XIII.
---
FF: IX=T>VI>V>XII>IV>T-0>VII>TA>III>XI>IVTAY>TA2>VIII>I>X=II>XIII>XIII-2>XIV>X-2
Lost Odyssey>FFXIII
#10MagnaderAlphaPosted 7/23/2013 10:27:10 AM
BlazingRain posted...
No and no.

Kaim is good in the Thousand Years of Dreams but unremarkable in the actual game.

And Lost Odyssey would never pass for an FF. The game lacks polish, a sound and coherent art direction, and is quite conservative in its game design.

It was a pretty good game, but if it were an FF it would've been panned even more than XIII (which was a better game).

To be fair, Mistwalker didn't have a studio as great as Square Enix behind them. Playing devil's advocate, HAD Sakaguchi never made TSW and being disgraced because of it, if he was STILL with Square and SQUARE actually made Lost Odysseey AS a FF sequel, I'm pretty sure a lot of the polish and art gripes would've been solved. This is basically in question, if Square was to make Lost Odyssey instead of FFXIII AS a FF, would LO, as a FF, be superior to FFXIII. Given the FF treatment, maybe have Nomura as the main character designer, Yusuke Naora as the main art director, Uematsu AND other composers contributing to the game(maybe Hamauzu, Mizuta and such), even with the more simplistic story, I DO think it would be superior.