Exploration.

• Topic Archived
2 years ago#1
How will exploration be be implemented? - Results (102 votes)
a next gent FF, wich overworld map reminds of pre-PS2 FF's .
25.49% (26 votes)
An overworld like Dragon Quest VIII, where everything is in scale.
68.63% (70 votes)
Something else (elaborate)
5.88% (6 votes)
This poll is now closed.
My preference goes out to something akin like Dragon Quest VIII. Made the world look great and vast with plenty of secrets to find, even during my 3 playthrough i found out stuff i haven't before.
---
"I, too, have played my part. Let us leave the rest to this Ashley. He is the one you have chosen. ...I know what must be done." Duke Aldous Bardorba
2 years ago#2
TC you hit the nail on the head with this one.

DQ VIII style overworld = EPIC
---
PLAYING: Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D / REPLAYING: Metroid Prime 2: Echoes / NEXT: Tales of Xillia
2 years ago#3
Since there's jumping and free movement, I'd prefer it if we could stand anywhere and there aren't any stupid walls like a few small rocks you can't just step over.
2 years ago#4
kupo1705 posted...
Since there's jumping and free movement, I'd prefer it if we could stand anywhere and there aren't any stupid walls like a few small rocks you can't just step over.

All exploration games have the odd invisible barrier.

At least I think so...

Can you name one that doesn't?
---
PLAYING: Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D / REPLAYING: Metroid Prime 2: Echoes / NEXT: Tales of Xillia
2 years ago#5
No idea, I wonder how the transition from town A to region B would work? I just can't imagine it

I hope it is like pre-PS2 era, I don't like vast fields of nothing, I want more large scale cities.
2 years ago#6
I think it's going to be like in FF VIII but in scale. Jugding from the screens that is..
---
Final Fantasy IX / Kingdom Hearts
|GR|
2 years ago#7
I think structure will be like FF9, Type 0 and maybe 10 in sense we have one large Continent that contains all major cities and then few islands of nothing important.
2 years ago#8
SadLink posted...
kupo1705 posted...

All exploration games have the odd invisible barrier.

At least I think so...

Can you name one that doesn't?

GTA4. You could go out to sea for hours!
---
Lightning Returns is looking epic.
2 years ago#9
DQVIII to scale overworld.
If not that, something akin to Xenoblade, FFXII or the like with the connected areas.
I'd even be down for a traditional world map a la Ni No Kuni.
---
Currently playing: Shin Megami Tensei IV, Final Fantasy III, Bioshock Infinite, Tales of Graces f
- Dragon Quest is the best
(edited by Tiael)
2 years ago#10
Tiael posted...
DQVIII to scale overworld.
If not that, something akin to Xenoblade, FFXII or the like with the connected areas.
I'd even be down for a traditional world map a la Ni No Kuni.

I still havent play NNK , how do they handle it? Like classic FF?
---
"I, too, have played my part. Let us leave the rest to this Ashley. He is the one you have chosen. ...I know what must be done." Duke Aldous Bardorba

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived