Do you want Magic Points to return in this game?

#21FF_FinisherPosted 7/23/2013 9:15:02 PM
MP stands for Mana Points, not magic.
---
Life is a cosmic giggle on the breath of the universe 1-28-13
#22Valcrist_Mk2Posted 7/23/2013 10:54:17 PM
FF_Finisher posted...

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/MP_(Stat)

"MP, which can stand for Magic Points, Mana Points, or Mist Points,"

Nobody likes a smartass.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2CmNMx52Z_k
And then he kicked the bucket by overdosing.
#23Tifa_LoveheartPosted 7/23/2013 11:05:50 PM
Sure I do, but I would also like Magic to be more powerful than physical attacks.
---
...rien de terrible ne peut arriver a ceux qui demeurent aupres de la sublime lumiere de Ludovique! ALLELUIA ALLELUIA
#24TehAssasinPosted 7/23/2013 11:13:28 PM
Valcrist_Mk2 posted...
FF_Finisher posted...

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/MP_(Stat)

"MP, which can stand for Magic Points, Mana Points, or Mist Points,"

Nobody likes a smartass.

Or multi-player. *kicked*

Anyway, the MP bar seems to be removed from the hud in the latest trailers, so it's possible they may have alternate form of magic gauge that limits the use of these spells yet to be revealed. It'd be cool if they make it like some sort of command gauge like in Birth By Sleep or 'CC' system from Tales of Destiny R or Graces f. This encourages use of magic and combo with physical abilities and less about worrying mana pool and use of restorative items to interrupt flow of combat.
---
We live in a world where Time and Eternity gets a release outside of Japan and Final Fantasy Type-0 doesn't.
#25AverraPosted 7/24/2013 1:40:01 AM
Two ideas I thought of, the first is because this is an ARPG from Nomura and the second is another idea I came up with.

1. No MP and you select a loadout and use magic then it recharges on a timer, basically what Kingdom Hearts does.

2. With MP but you can cast spells and heal which takes away from the whole as per normal but when you run out one of two things happen you're in battle and have a slower recharge time or out of battle and have a quicker recharge time so you're not so heavily reliant on magic that's overpowered.
#26SugarBoogersPosted 7/24/2013 8:23:48 AM
Averra posted...
Two ideas I thought of, the first is because this is an ARPG from Nomura and the second is another idea I came up with.

1. No MP and you select a loadout and use magic then it recharges on a timer, basically what Kingdom Hearts does.

2. With MP but you can cast spells and heal which takes away from the whole as per normal but when you run out one of two things happen you're in battle and have a slower recharge time or out of battle and have a quicker recharge time so you're not so heavily reliant on magic that's overpowered.

KH2 actually does the second one. BBS, DDD, and ReCoded do the first.

I think either could work well, as long as Magic/Commands are still chainable; in BBS and DDD they were too long and couldn't combo into anything, along with taking control away from the player.
---
Oh delightful! The KH boards have gone to complete s*** and I was looking for a new place to chill.
- Me, being horribly mistaken about the Sticker Star Boards
#27rapius002Posted 7/24/2013 9:02:27 AM
SugarBoogers posted...
Averra posted...

KH2 actually does the second one. BBS, DDD, and ReCoded do the first.

I think either could work well, as long as Magic/Commands are still chainable; in BBS and DDD they were too long and couldn't combo into anything, along with taking control away from the player.

I like MP, but the problem with it is the conservation of it, which means it's powerful, but less useful in the normal enemy encounters because you can't use it often enough. Out of all the Magic systems I've used in any series, BBS's command deck was my favorite, or something like Chrono Cross' element levels, where it's based upon chain hits which in an action game would help you mix the flow between magic and physical. Several physical combos builds up some type of mana bar, magic attacks use up a certain amount of mana bar, stronger magic uses more, and you could set the levels of it. Also, the magic systems from Type-0 were phenomenal! Add that type of customization in please.
#28AverraPosted 7/24/2013 12:37:49 PM
I didn't know the second one was done by Kingdom Hearts 2, I didm't play the game outside of a few fights that I helped my wife and cousin on, I played BBS, DDD and half of the first KH for my wife as I had little to no interest back then. As for the KH2 now knowing that I didn't mean to call that something I came up with but I still like the idea of replenishable MP as rapius stated stronger magic does use more MP, I was thinking of that last night but it was 1:40 in the morning.

The combo attack idea would add to some interesting combat and would add to a nice dynamic flow through battle unless of course you just input the same commands or buttons. I wish they would localize Final Fantasy Type-0 because I've been wanting to play it.
#29HipsterManPrimePosted 7/24/2013 12:50:36 PM
GigantLuffy posted...

Every monster is male btw because there are no women in this game. If you didn't know...

0/10 not even going to try.
#30SugarBoogersPosted 7/24/2013 12:56:13 PM
Averra posted...
The combo attack idea would add to some interesting combat and would add to a nice dynamic flow through battle unless of course you just input the same commands or buttons. I wish they would localize Final Fantasy Type-0 because I've been wanting to play it.

Being really good at combos in KH2FM+ looks like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1bdHKw3WsI&t=8m40s

He's using normal attacks (X button), Horizontal Slashes (Square button), Firaga (R1+Circle), and Thundaga (R1+Triangle) in that combo. If you just spam one of them your combo ends much sooner, so it's best to alternate them.
---
Oh delightful! The KH boards have gone to complete s*** and I was looking for a new place to chill.
- Me, being horribly mistaken about the Sticker Star Boards