Least favorite Final Fantasy and why?

#1HipsterManPrimePosted 7/24/2013 9:32:43 AM
FF VIII - because DRAWLING spells, broken battle system, questionable story and Squall *shivers*

At least XIII had fun moments and more balanced combat. Also Shaz and Vanille were enjoyable characters. (It's far from my favorite though.)
#2AshleyRiot223Posted 7/24/2013 9:37:37 AM
FFIII, boring story, generic characters, meh music, game atleast managed to not suck by introducing the job system and the sexy villain Cloud of Darkness
---
"I, too, have played my part. Let us leave the rest to this Ashley. He is the one you have chosen. ...I know what must be done." Duke Aldous Bardorba
#3DanahellPosted 7/24/2013 9:47:12 AM(edited)
I'd say III or IV.

III has a very meh story for its standards, but I forgive it because of the job system. I hate not being able to save in dungeons, I know the other first two games couldn't originally but at least you can in the remakes. Another thing I hate is the limited inventory space, you simply don't have such a limited space in an RPG.

IV has a better story but it has some ridiculous stuff like all the amount of "deaths", there's absolutely no customization at all, you can't even choose your party members, annoying difficulty curve and it's a grind fest, not to mention the return of the annoying limited inventory space, thank god they got rid of that forever. The remakes have corrected some of that stuff but it's still the weakest of the SNES era IMO.

As bad as I'm talking about these two games I have to say I still managed to have some fun and I even have replayed them at least twice, but they were the ones I liked the least.
---
American beer is like making love in a canoe. It's ****ing close to water
#4EscaSyraPosted 7/24/2013 9:45:16 AM
X.

Most of the cast were annoying as hell and not interesting.

Most boring gameplay of any of the FFs that I've played.

A story I didn't find that enjoyable.

Bad villains.

The writing had a few great moments (Auron's speech) but other than that it was bad.

Bad voice acting for the most part.

Horrible minigames and sidequests other than Blitzball which was actually really fun.

Some of the ultimate weapons were an absolute pain in the ass to get.

The world wasn't that interesting, but I did enjoy some of the locations.

I really liked Jecht, Auron, Braska, O'aka XXIII, and Rikku was tolerable...

I liked the weapon customization.

Sphere grid was okay. I think I would have enjoyed it more had I tried the international version.

Summons were cool.

It was a decent game, but it's my least favorite FF easily.
---
LoL IGN: CakeEsco
PSN: CougheeCake
#5donkeyjackPosted 7/24/2013 9:58:21 AM
How anyone finds FF4 bad is ridiculous?

And not 13,8 or 2
#6SteelCurtain17Posted 7/24/2013 10:02:58 AM
XIII and for numerous reasons
---
Born a Steelers, Reds, and Hoosiers Fan!PSN- Cotner84
"The Xbone. It's like cable, except it watches you." -SwimmingToaster
#7MetalKeiyaPosted 7/24/2013 10:04:15 AM
The first Final Fantasy, but that might be a case of Seinfeld is Unfunny, given that my gateway to the FF series were the PS1-era FF games. If anything, the unbalance gameplay, terrible encounter and mana rates, relatively short playthrough and meh story of the first Final Fantasy both shows us how far the brand has come from its 1987 debut, and makes me appreciate the progress we've seen in all the succeeding games.
---
These boards are a prime example of Why The Fandom Can't Have Nice Things.
#8TriangleHardPosted 7/24/2013 10:06:57 AM
XIII for me I guess.

I might complain about games and FF series is no exception, but I did enjoy most FF games. Most of the complaints are often due to disappointments, not from disliking the game.

XIII was one game I actually hated. VI I actually didn't enjoy and disliked it as well, but not to the point where I actually hated playing the game.

FFXIII is the only numbered game I had bad time while playing it. It gave me opposite of entertainment.

I wouldn't say least favorite. I guess least favorite would be FFVI, since I LIKED the game least.

XIII would be most hated FF game.
#9Inertion5Posted 7/24/2013 10:07:32 AM
MetalKeiya posted...
Seinfeld is Unfunny

wat?

Any IX for me.
Awful battle system, chibi characters and Zidane was annoying little s***.
---
Learn the chart man.
#10SugarBoogersPosted 7/24/2013 10:09:29 AM(edited)
III

The original is, you know, the original, and II had an awesome villain. III has nothing going for it that another game hasn't done better. The Onion Knight thing strictly inferior to V and is a dumb name besides. Why onion?
---
Oh delightful! The KH boards have gone to complete s*** and I was looking for a new place to chill.
- Me, being horribly mistaken about the Sticker Star Boards