Hiroyuki Ito is planning and doing some proposals for a new project (FFXVI)

#11TruthPosted 7/24/2013 11:27:32 AM
This info comes hot from a recent interview with Final Fantasy Brand Director, Shinji Hashimoto, while he was at Japan Expo earlier this month. The new project of Hiroyuki Ito is not directly stated to be FFXVI, but judging by how much depth Hashimoto says Ito is putting into the gameplay systems, it's definitely a game for PS4/One and one that looks to surpass the battle system complexity of ADB and Gambits in FFXII.

Full quote and source:
RPG Site: I can see Nomura-san's crew need the room back for their next interview, so I'm going to wrap up by betraying my inner fan and ask a more specific talent question - Hiroyuki Ito, the creator of ATB, the director of FF9 - my favourite, which of course you produced - and FF12... Is he still at the company - and is he working on anything that we already know about?

Hashimoto: [laughs] You're a very unique journalist, asking about Ito-san! Yeah. He's still at Square Enix. He's been planning and doing some proposals for a new project at the moment, so... Really, he's the kind of guy that wants to challenge new things all the time, so, yeah. At the moment, he's doing... [laughs] He's putting some ideas together.

RPG Site: I'm very interested to see what he does next. For RPG gameplay systems I really do feel he's one of the best there is; one of your strongest assets.

Hashimoto: Like you say, he's very talented and very involved. He's very, very in-depth... he likes the depth of the gameplay systems side of things. He really loves to go really deep on mechanics and things, and that takes time. I'm very excited to see his ideas soon!

Source: http://www.rpgsite.net/interviews/457-talking-talent-western-development-&-sequels-with-final-fantasy-producer-shinji-hashimoto
---
Final Fantasy XII is a masterpiece in both game design and story.
#2Valcrist_Mk2Posted 7/24/2013 11:29:16 AM
Hey guys, remember when Galvanization was 100% sure XV is an Ivalice game by Ito?

Yeah.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2CmNMx52Z_k
And then he kicked the bucket by overdosing.
#3AshleyRiot223Posted 7/24/2013 11:32:41 AM
And if i get the accusation of being an *narrow minded Ivalice/Ito fanboy*, then, what are you 1Truth?
---
"I, too, have played my part. Let us leave the rest to this Ashley. He is the one you have chosen. ...I know what must be done." Duke Aldous Bardorba
#4Valcrist_Mk2Posted 7/24/2013 11:34:01 AM
I bet he will do this exact same thing with every new FF game until They will finally make an ivalice one by Ito, then he will be like I TOLD YOU SO.
---
#51Truth(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2013 11:34:37 AM
Valcrist_Mk2 posted...
Hey guys, remember when Galvanization was 100% sure XV is an Ivalice game by Ito?

Yeah.

I was never 100% sure. I was more around 40% sure and simply wishing for it to be the case. That said, there's still a chance that FFXVI will be part of the Ivalice Alliance series and directed by Ito.

Also, welcome to my ignore list.
---
#6Valcrist_Mk2Posted 7/24/2013 11:35:25 AM
1Truth posted...
Valcrist_Mk2 posted...

Yeah.

I was never 100% sure. I was more around 40% sure and simply wishing for it to be the case. That said, there's still a chance that FFXVI will be part of the Ivalice Alliance series and directed by Ito.

Also, welcome to my ignore list.

Oh cry me a river, Jason.
---
#71Truth(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2013 11:40:56 AM
AshleyRiot223 posted...
And if i get the accusation of being an *narrow minded Ivalice/Ito fanboy*, then, what are you 1Truth?

I'm not even an Ivalice Alliance or Ito fanboy. I think people just got that impression due to how much I bring up Ito in my posts. I dislike FFT, FFTA, and FFTA2. Also, I don't like all the games that Ito has worked on.

The only reason I put so much faith in Ito is because that's the only person that's likely to make another FF that evolves off FFXII. Before FFXIII came out, I was very hyped for the game, as I expected it to evolve off FFXII, However, I was wrong. It didn't. Since then, I did my research and realised that the only way we'll get an evolved FFXII is if Ito is directing. That's why I started wishing for him to direct another mainline FF.
---
#8ThamauturgePosted 7/24/2013 11:42:32 AM
I doubt that we will see Ivalice again. I do believe that Ito will make another entree in the series though, whether its main or not. Just because its Ito doesn't mean it has to be Ivalice.

Without Matsuno, I would prefer it if they left Ivalice alone. Only he has successfully done the world the justice it deserves in FFT, XII, and Vagrant Story.
---
Official Wiegraf Folles of the FFXV board
Playing: Silent Hill Downpour, SoulCalibur V, Devil May Cry Collection------- PSN: Thamauturge
#9AshleyRiot223Posted 7/24/2013 11:45:18 AM
1Truth posted...
AshleyRiot223 posted...

I'm not even an Ivalice Alliance or Ito fanboy. I think people just got that impression due to how much I bring up Ito in my posts. I dislike FFT, FFTA, and FFTA2. Also, I don't like all the games that Ito has worked on.

The only reason I put so much faith in Ito is because that's the only person that's likely to make another FF that evolves off FFXII. Before FFXIII came out, I was very hyped for the game, as I expected it to evolve off FFXII, However, I was wrong. It didn't. Since then, I did my research and realised that the only way we'll get an evolved FFXII is if Ito is directing. That's why I started wishing for him to direct another mainline FF.

Sounds fair enough, but might i add that your responses are less provocative and misleading then your topics?

Besides FFT is great , FFT: WotL is extremely great. Dont be rude lol!
---
"I, too, have played my part. Let us leave the rest to this Ashley. He is the one you have chosen. ...I know what must be done." Duke Aldous Bardorba
#10AshleyRiot223Posted 7/24/2013 11:52:22 AM(edited)
Thamauturge posted...
I doubt that we will see Ivalice again. I do believe that Ito will make another entree in the series though, whether its main or not. Just because its Ito doesn't mean it has to be Ivalice.

Without Matsuno, I would prefer it if they left Ivalice alone. Only he has successfully done the world the justice it deserves in FFT, XII, and Vagrant Story.

If Ito creates a game in FF serie, its for the Wii U , calling it here.

About Matsuno and Ivalice i wholeheartedly agree.
---