Hiroyuki Ito is planning and doing some proposals for a new project (FFXVI)

#911Truth(Topic Creator)Posted 8/15/2013 1:21:36 PM
Here's my realistic prediction of the staff currently working on Final Fantasy XVI. All of the below names still work for Square Enix as of August 2013. I've provided the two most recent AAA games they've worked on below their names. As you can see, many haven't worked on a AAA game in over 3 years. I'm pretty sure these are the people who "planning and proposing" ideas for FFXVI under Hiroyuki Ito.

Executive Producer/Scenario: Akitoshi Kawazu
The Last Remnant (2008)
FFCC: The Crystal Bearers (2009)

Producer/Director/Game Design: Hiroyuki Ito
Final Fantasy XII (2006)
Final Fantasy XII International: Zodiac Job System (2007)

Character Design: Akihiko Yoshida
Final Fantasy XIV (2010)
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (2013)

Art Director: Hiroshi Minagawa
Final Fantasy XII (2006)

Battle Director: Kazutoyo Maehiro
Final Fantasy XII (2006)
The Last Remnant (2008)

Map Director: Kazuhiro Kataoka
Final Fantasy XII (2006)
The Last Remnant (2008)

Programming Director: Takashi Katano
Final Fantasy XII (2006)
Final Fantasy XII International: Zodiac Job System (2007)

Composer: Tsuyoshi Sekito
The Last Remnant (2008)
---
The Zodiac Brave Theory
A groundbreaking discovery about the story of FFXII. Released: November 2013
#921Truth(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2013 11:24:52 AM
I'm bumping this thread with an opinion piece I posted in another thread.

Basically, W_Mark_Felt_Sr stated that he believes Hiroyuki Ito isn't currently developing anything. Instead, Ito's been trying to pitch ideas for pre-production on projects, but they've kept getting canned over the years.

I believe this is very unlikely. If you read the Hashimoto quote in the OP, you'll find it actually has a deeper subtext that implies Ito has been working on his project for a long time.

Hashimoto is implying that Ito has been planning his project for a few years and still proposing new ideas for it. It's a very similar case to how VersusXIII started planning in 2005, but as recent as 2012, Nomura proposed that he wanted to change the entire game into a musical after watching the film adaptation of Les Miserables. Nomura was still "planning and doing some proposals" for VersusXIII even though it had been in development for 7 years at that point.

Also, Ito "putting some ideas together" could imply that the game is already reached to point of being visible on a screen, and Ito is putting loads of disparate gameplay systems and mechanics together and tweaking them to make them work well.

Lastly, Hashimoto says that Ito "loves to go really deep on mechanics and things, and that takes time." This is the main point that indicates that Ito's project has been going on for years now and will still need even more time due to how much depth he's adding to the gameplay systems. After all, Ito spent an entire 5 years making the battle system of FFXII, yet the 3D battle systems of FFVII, FFVIII, FFIX, FFX, FFX-2, and FFXI, all took no more than 2 year to make.

In conclusion, Hiroyki Ito has a strong track record of taking forever in the planning and proposing stage of game development. Whatever he's working on now, it's not something he just started this year or even last year. I'd say he's been on it since at least 2008.
---
The Zodiac Brave Theory
#93MetalKeiyaPosted 8/16/2013 11:38:07 AM(edited)
... okay, there's enthusiasm, and then there's trying too hard.

Really can't confirm or deny anything, so I won't comment on whether XVI will have Ito or not. What I'll just say is that Ito better watch out if he ever comes to the country ot 1Truth's origin. Might have to file restraining orders, haha.
---
These boards are a prime example of Why The Fandom Can't Have Nice Things.
#94WinterglaivePosted 8/16/2013 11:51:50 AM
I think it's highly unlikely that Tsuyoshi Sekito will ever be lead composer for a Final Fantasy game. That's no slight to him at all, I just don't think it's probable.

The lead composer(s) of the next FF score will most likely be one of the following: Masashi Hamauzu, Naoshi Mizuta, or Nobuo Uematsu.

Possibly Mitsuto Suzuki, but like Sekito, I don't see him ever taking lead on a FF title. Shimomura is only here by the grace of Nomura, just like how Sakimoto was only on 12 by the grace of Matsuno. Ishimoto will probably forever remain a mobile guy.

If Ito is directing, Sakimoto's chances may go up slightly. But Ito, in a supervisory role, has never been attached to a particular composer.
#951Truth(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2013 6:56:13 PM
MetalKeiya posted...
Really can't confirm or deny anything, so I won't comment on whether XVI will have Ito or not. What I'll just say is that Ito better watch out if he ever comes to the country of 1Truth's origin. Might have to file restraining orders, haha.

You misunderstand.

I only continually bring up Hiroyuki Ito because he's the only employee at Square Enix that will make another mainline FF game that evolves the game design and battle system of FFXII. It's not that I'm a fan of him personally, or even a fan of his works outside FFXII, FFIX, and FFT. I just realise and accept that he's the only person that will make another mainline FF that follows in the footsteps of FFXII. Nobody else in Square Enix will.

Winterglaive posted...
I think it's highly unlikely that Tsuyoshi Sekito will ever be lead composer for a Final Fantasy game. That's no slight to him at all, I just don't think it's probable.

The lead composer(s) of the next FF score will most likely be one of the following: Masashi Hamauzu, Naoshi Mizuta, or Nobuo Uematsu.

Possibly Mitsuto Suzuki, but like Sekito, I don't see him ever taking lead on a FF title. Shimomura is only here by the grace of Nomura, just like how Sakimoto was only on 12 by the grace of Matsuno. Ishimoto will probably forever remain a mobile guy.

If Ito is directing, Sakimoto's chances may go up slightly. But Ito, in a supervisory role, has never been attached to a particular composer.

I think there's a high chance Tsuyoshi Sekito will compose FFXVI. My main reason is because I think the FFXII and The Last Remnant team are making the game. Sekito was the composer of The Last Remnant (a fantastic soundtrack, BTW), so I think the same development team will bring him back.

Maybe Sekito being the sole composer of FFXVI is a stretch, but maybe he will co-compose alongside Hitoshi Sakimoto, who composed FFXII. Nobuo Uematsu may also contribute some tracks, seeing as he composed FFIX, which Hiroyuki Ito solo directed.

I doubt Masashi Hamauzu will compose FFXVI, as it's not made by Kitase/Toriyama. As for Naoshi Mizuta, he seems to be an enigma to me, as his track record is all over the field. I can't say if he's likely or unlikely for FFXVI.
---
The Zodiac Brave Theory
#96RasukouPosted 8/17/2013 12:30:37 AM
1Truth posted...
What is VersusXIII was renamed FFXV because the true FFXV got delayed due to FFXIV failing back in 2010? As a result, Hiroyuki Ito (assuming he's the director) asked for FFXVI to be moved to next gen and also requested more time to plan and propose new ideas for the game? As a result Square Enix management decided to rename VersusXIII to FFXV and release it in the interim between FFXIV ARR and the true FFXV. The true FFXV was then renamed FFXVI.

Just a thought.

Asking Square Enix developers directly is the only way to confirm your "thought." Unless you're best pals with one of the managers, however, no one in the company will ever admit to such an uncouth manoeuvre nor the ensuing coverup (if one exists).
---
Playing through all previously unfinished games.
CP: Infamous 2. Next up: Assassin's Creed 3.
#97W_Mark_Felt_SrPosted 8/18/2013 7:44:23 AM
I wonder if the developers of the Penny Arcade RPG are fans of Hiroyuki Ito. Their RPG uses the classic ATB system but it represents the characters' turns in a single bar instead of individual ones as in the FF games. This makes me think of how Ito said the original inspiration for ATB was pilots in a racing game.

http://i.imgur.com/7Xb7AYh.jpg

Could just be a coincidence though.
---
http://en.wikipedia.org?search=%22Ultimania+development%22&ns1=1
^Almost all FF Ultimania interviews ever. Tons of exclusive info.
#981Truth(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2013 6:06:30 PM
Rasukou posted...
Asking Square Enix developers directly is the only way to confirm your "thought." Unless you're best pals with one of the managers, however, no one in the company will ever admit to such an uncouth manoeuvre nor the ensuing coverup (if one exists).

I just want them to say if Hiroyuki Ito will ever direct another mainline FF that evolves the game design of FFXII. I asked Akitoshi Kawazu in Twitter back in 2012, but he never replied. I think I'll try asking again, though. However, it would be good if many FFXII fans asked him. That way, he will see there's much demand for it.
---
The Zodiac Brave Theory
#99MagiusNecrosPosted 8/19/2013 6:07:52 PM
Yeah his new project is a mobile game.

Something something Deadman's Cross.
---
Reggie Fils-Aime - PLAY. THE. GAME.
Official GILGAMESH of every Gamefaqs Board
#100TehAssasinPosted 8/19/2013 6:13:15 PM
W_Mark_Felt_Sr posted...
I wonder if the developers of the Penny Arcade RPG are fans of Hiroyuki Ito. Their RPG uses the classic ATB system but it represents the characters' turns in a single bar instead of individual ones as in the FF games. This makes me think of how Ito said the original inspiration for ATB was pilots in a racing game.

http://i.imgur.com/7Xb7AYh.jpg

Could just be a coincidence though.

That was Grandia's battle gauge.
---
We live in a world where Time and Eternity gets a release outside of Japan and Final Fantasy Type-0 doesn't.