Is it true next gen consoles couldn't even handle FFXV's engine?

#11BlazingRainPosted 7/26/2013 12:34:56 AM
Jimm3rF3rdette posted...
I heard from someone on here that next gen consoles (ps4 and xbone) couldn't handle FFXV's original engine, so they had to dumb it down a bit.

Is this really true? If so, thats quite pathetic for the next gen consoles, don't ya think?

Luminous was literally created for the next gen systems, so anyone who says that is ignorant, delusional, or both.
---
La Illaha Illa Allah, Muhammad Rasul Allah
#12RomangeloPosted 7/26/2013 12:43:10 AM
funny... Luminous Engine requires less resource than Crystal Tool Engine.
---
X > V > T > XII > VI > XIII-2 > Type-0 > VIII > VII > X-2 > TLR > XIII > IV > IX > II > III > I > XV
#13donkeyjackPosted 7/26/2013 5:38:54 AM
BlazingRain posted...
Jimm3rF3rdette posted...
I heard from someone on here that next gen consoles (ps4 and xbone) couldn't handle FFXV's original engine, so they had to dumb it down a bit.

Is this really true? If so, thats quite pathetic for the next gen consoles, don't ya think?

Luminous was literally created for the next gen systems, so anyone who says that is ignorant, delusional, or both.

This.

More 90's crack babies coming out of the woodworks.
---
KH1>>>>>FF7.
#14rapius002Posted 7/26/2013 6:41:45 AM
lightdragoon88 posted...
shadowSEXil posted...
UltimaXOmega posted...
BaconPancakes posted...
Next generation consoles are just PCs from like 2009. Lol.

You think Final Fantasy X is a good game. I don't know how to feel about you anymore.

I bet you're either a Final Fantasy VII or Final Fantasy XII fanboy.

Is it not possible to love all three? >.>

Nope

What if we love all fourteen main-line games, the sequels/prequels, and spin-offs? :) I will openly admit, I am a Final Fantasy fanboy. Haven't touched anything to do with Final Fantasy (including Final Fantasy Unlimited and Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within) and not absolutely loved it (except for All the Bravest... That "game" can shove it).
#15arkmanaPosted 7/26/2013 8:31:10 AM
http://www.novacrystallis.com/2013/06/nomura-dicusses-final-fantasy-xvs-next-generation-transition/

According to this famitsu interview, they are making an over-spec version using PC's, then scaling it back a bit to match PS4 / XBONE spec's.
---
It's already over.
#16JerichoDarkstarPosted 7/26/2013 8:48:09 AM
rapius002 posted...
lightdragoon88 posted...
shadowSEXil posted...
UltimaXOmega posted...
BaconPancakes posted...
Next generation consoles are just PCs from like 2009. Lol.

You think Final Fantasy X is a good game. I don't know how to feel about you anymore.

I bet you're either a Final Fantasy VII or Final Fantasy XII fanboy.

Is it not possible to love all three? >.>

Nope

What if we love all fourteen main-line games, the sequels/prequels, and spin-offs? :) I will openly admit, I am a Final Fantasy fanboy. Haven't touched anything to do with Final Fantasy (including Final Fantasy Unlimited and Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within) and not absolutely loved it (except for All the Bravest... That "game" can shove it).

What game? XD

Also, just to put my two cents in, my top 3 favorite Final Fantasy's (currently) are VII, VIII, and X.
---
I'll make a big enough ruckus for everyone.
Cloud Strife of the PS4 Board // PSN: DarkSilverCloud
#17LeagultPosted 7/26/2013 9:17:43 AM
SE only really makes games for consoles anyway, so their engine better be designed to handle the proper idea.