How is Kefka beating Zack in today's poll?

#151Bellum_SacrumPosted 7/27/2013 3:35:41 AM
Cinerary posted...
Sucks that Ryu came in third. I thought a character who's been around since the 80s and is the MC of arguably two of the best action games in the past decade (both of which were million+ sellers) would have done better. Oh well, people simply tend to gravitate toward RPG characters on this site.

Noone cares about Ninja Gaiden games, on any site. Whatever real fans the series had disappeared during the ps1/ps2 era. I know a couple of them, they are 30+ years old with their own families and hate the new games.

Also, Joker and Kefka are nothing alike, unless the only thing you know about them is that they have a clown-like appearance.

Poor Zack, Cloud fans probably hate his guts.
---
"Now go ahead and leap ignorantly to the defense of wealthy game companies who don't know or care about you."
#152Graham_ChapmanPosted 7/27/2013 3:49:32 AM
Valcrist_Mk2 posted...
TehAssasin posted...
Anyway, I don't see why people need to care about these polls.

In the end, it's going to be Link vs Cloud like every other years, or in the case of a three-way fight, Link vs Cloud vs Mario.

And Link is going to win. What's the point of character battle?

Cloud won last year IIRC.

And I can't get the love for Link.

Wasn't he a blank slate? I thought a good character requires... well, CHARACTER.

I think Link is so popular because he's a successful self-insert character... Players want to play as heroes they can identify with, right? I mean, games are not only about seeing the story of the hero unfold; since games are interactive experiences we typically want to be able to see things from the hero's perspective of view (ergo, it's not enjoyable playing as a protagonist working towards goals you couldn't see yourself work towards in real life)... So, while games like Final Fatasy (and many, many other games) let you partake in the story of a fleshed out character, The Legend of Zelda games encourage you to cast yourself as Link's character. Sure, you don't have complete freedom in the games, but still; they let YOU be the hero who conquers evil and saves the princess. That's also why I imagine it's so important that Link is not voiced (save for generic battle cries, grunts of strain and cries of pain). Super Mario 64 could've been the same as a Legend of Zelda title if they hadn't given Mario exclamations like "HOH! HOHOO! YAAHOOO!" when he jumped because Nintendo actually put enough characterization into those shouts to make you feel Mario's jolly adventurous personality through them... Not so with Link: Even with the voiced sounds he makes he's still enough of a blank character for you to be able to insert your own personality into the games... This is, of course, just my guess as to why Link is so popular, but I don't think I am entirely wrong.
---
“Nurture your minds with great thoughts, to believe in the heroic makes heroes.” - Benjamin Disraeli
#153Valcrist_Mk2Posted 7/27/2013 3:59:08 AM
I get the point, Chap.

But I still vastly disagree Link has any place in a contest with characters like Snake or Big Boss.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2CmNMx52Z_k
And then he kicked the bucket by overdosing.
#154CineraryPosted 7/27/2013 4:30:13 AM
Bellum_Sacrum posted...
Cinerary posted...
Sucks that Ryu came in third. I thought a character who's been around since the 80s and is the MC of arguably two of the best action games in the past decade (both of which were million+ sellers) would have done better. Oh well, people simply tend to gravitate toward RPG characters on this site.

Noone cares about Ninja Gaiden games, on any site. Whatever real fans the series had disappeared during the ps1/ps2 era. I know a couple of them, they are 30+ years old with their own families and hate the new games.

You think that no one cares about it on any site because of a few people you know? Obviously you weren't around any of the NG boards here on GFAQs. The "real" fans started disappearing when NG3 came out last year - many before that when Tomonobu Itagki left Team Ninja. Most certainly not during the PS1/2 era.
---
PSN: SouthPhillySanta http://i.imgur.com/X6ju8.png http://i.imgur.com/CKORN0d.jpg
Yo homie...is that my briefcase?
#155kingrat2314Posted 7/27/2013 4:33:46 AM
TG_Wolf posted...
kratoscar2008 posted...
zack is a Cloud wannabe.

Zack is the reason for Cloud's existence.

Cloud is the wannabe in this situation.

Just as Zack is a wannabe Angeal.

Zack isn't the reason why Cloud exists. Zack is only one part of the reason why Cloud acts they way he does for a majority of the game.
---
New Modest Mouse album - 2014!
Do you see what happens when you find a stranger in the ass?!
#156ZeroBeattPosted 7/27/2013 9:02:32 AM
I like Kefka more than Zack plain and simple. He's cool and all but I didn't like Crisis Core... or any of the VII compilations. How do you f*** up a back story with all the info that VII already gave us? I mean seriously???

But anyway my opinion but I liked VI>VII>Crisis Core (same thing goes for their protagonists)
---
FF: IX=T>VI>V>XII>IV>T-0>VII>TA>III>XI>IVTAY>TA2>VIII>I>X=II>XIII>XIII-2>XIV>X-2
Lost Odyssey>FFXIII