Most Underrated FF?

#51BjorkLovePosted 7/30/2013 11:18:46 AM
Why does the cesspool of delusional, illiterate FFIX fans ALWAYS vote for it in these underrated polls, even though it constantly dominates like... every single FF poll that has it as an option? Idgi, like, at all.
#52zoogelioPosted 7/30/2013 1:39:34 PM
BjorkLove posted...
Why does the cesspool of delusional, illiterate FFIX fans ALWAYS vote for it in these underrated polls, even though it constantly dominates like... every single FF poll that has it as an option? Idgi, like, at all.

Because it was underrated for a long time and has become more popular in recent years, leading to legions of fans who still think it's underrated even though it is probably somewhere around 'rated' at this time. Perception of underrated, overrated seems to lag behind changes in the fanbase size of a game.
#53KOTRsssPosted 7/30/2013 3:53:55 PM
Valcrist_Mk2 posted...
People voted VII and IX.

I think some of you really need to check out what the word UNDERRATED means.

More than 50% of the voters in the "most overrated FF game" poll voted for FFVII. I'm pretty sure that means it is a reasonable candidate for most underrated FF game.
---
Gamefaqs has taught us that academic fields like literature don't exist because of teenagers that say "well that's just your opinion and I disagree."
#54CrimsonmistPosted 7/30/2013 4:08:20 PM
FF5 is probably the quintessential classic FF that balanced decent story telling, gameplay and even humor.
---
I might make this my sig...
#55Weltall548(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2013 4:35:48 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#56KOTRsssPosted 7/30/2013 9:04:29 PM
My point is that if it is called "overrated" by the vast majority of people out there, it's probably not actually overrated.
---
Gamefaqs has taught us that academic fields like literature don't exist because of teenagers that say "well that's just your opinion and I disagree."
#57donkeyjackPosted 7/31/2013 2:19:35 PM
Weltall548 posted...
KOTRsss posted...
Valcrist_Mk2 posted...
People voted VII and IX.

More than 50% of the voters in the "most overrated FF game" poll voted for FFVII. I'm pretty sure that means it is a reasonable candidate for most underrated FF game.

NO. FF7 is not overrated.

You meant to say it's not underrated.
---
KH1>>>>>FF7.
#58Weltall548(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2013 3:08:05 PM
donkeyjack posted...
Weltall548 posted...
KOTRsss posted...
Valcrist_Mk2 posted...
People voted VII and IX.

NO. FF7 is not overrated.

You meant to say it's not underrated.

You're right. Wow, how did I miss that?
---
PSN: Fantasy_473
Nintendo Network ID: Xenoblade165
#59BlazingRainPosted 7/31/2013 6:37:45 PM
BjorkLove posted...

Because those guys still think they're cool by being so antiestablishment that they chose a less popular game to fanboy over than the original antiestablishment choice (VI), because it was getting too popular, only now they have yet to realize that they'll have to move onto another game because IX is pretty popular now.

Anyway it's VIII or XIII. Although VIII is starting to lose a lot of its irrational hate so it'll be XIII exclusively soon enough. Of course that'll probably be temporary too, but we'll see.
---
La Illaha Illa Allah, Muhammad Rasul Allah
#60heartlesshero17Posted 7/31/2013 6:43:34 PM
I like how my two favorite FF games are winning this poll
---
Pain, first in the world to beat Penance in FFX International NSG!
^ it will happen!!!!