To old time FF fans.

#1TriangleHardPosted 7/27/2013 10:50:19 PM
Well first let's divide the generation of FF fans for sake of this conversation.

Classic era (FF 1 - 6)
3D era (FF 7 - FF 9)
Modern era (FFX - FFXIV)

Sadly, FF7 is now old. I now have to admit that I'm not part of new age fan of FF games.

Well, I did start out with FFIV on SNES (when it was called FF2) I just didn't like FF all that much back then. Not until FFVII I could call myself a fan of the series.

Anyway, getting to my point.

Old school FF fans..., do you feel left out?

I feel I'm left out. Actually this entire generation, I feel left out. I hated FPS and shooters, and this generation is all about that. FF series, also like this generation, no longer caters to my taste. FFXII was close. It was going to be the game that fits to my taste, but people in business suits decided majority weren't into that, and had to force Vaan to us. That's sort of when I gave up on FF series.

If you were from classic era, did you feel left out when 3D era hit?

I'm from 3D era, and I started feeling left out when modern era hit.

I think it's pretty safe to say that I'm no longer the target audience for Square. I'm just wondering that if some of you guys think like me, or if you are able to adjust your taste so you can keep on enjoying FF series.
#2tiornysPosted 7/27/2013 11:59:30 PM
My three favorite FF games are FFVI, FFX, and FFXIII, followed closely by FFVIII and FFTactics. The NES version of FF1 would be next.
---
http://etrosgate.com/
#3shadowSEXilPosted 7/28/2013 12:09:02 AM
How is a game released over 12 years ago considered the modern era?
---
I eat cereal for breakfast with 1% milk.
#4The_Undying_84Posted 7/28/2013 12:09:20 AM
It's not just FF, there's very few turn based RPG's in general. People like to say it's because they don't sell but I can't think of any notable flops amongst them. And there's Pokemon, the most basic turn based RPG around, still extremely successful.
---
PSN: TheUndying84
#5sMpNoctisorGPosted 7/28/2013 12:12:08 AM
Well, FFXV is there to save Final Fantasy for you.. so please be patient.
#6jelashPosted 7/28/2013 12:40:07 AM
I'm 29 years old, I love role playing games (doesn't matter if they're ''standard japanese'' or hack 'n' slash) and I ask ALL of you - please, stop making all those topics and saying that RPGs these days are not as good as they used to be and that you're disappointed. Nobody f****** cares.
---
''I don't pretend to understand Brannigan's Law. I enforce it.'' (Zapp Brannigan; Futurama)
#7TriangleHard(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2013 12:43:34 AM
jelash posted...
I'm 29 years old, I love role playing games (doesn't matter if they're ''standard japanese'' or hack 'n' slash) and I ask ALL of you - please, stop making all those topics and saying that RPGs these days are not as good as they used to be and that you're disappointed. Nobody f****** cares.

Where in my post have I said the RPGs aren not good as they used to be?

I enjoyed plenty of RPGs in this gen, although the quantity is certainly smaller than previous gen.

I specifically said FF series. Try to read for a change please, and stop assuming. You know what they say about that.
#8jelashPosted 7/28/2013 12:46:51 AM
Cry some more.
---
''I don't pretend to understand Brannigan's Law. I enforce it.'' (Zapp Brannigan; Futurama)
#9TriangleHard(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2013 12:48:57 AM
jelash posted...
Cry some more.

Boo Hoo, happy now?
#10jelashPosted 7/28/2013 12:50:10 AM
Kinda.
---