Ivalice = 'true FF' Final Fantasy 16 will be set in Ivalice.

#41AgnisFFXVosophy(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2013 6:00:42 AM
zombie_basher13 posted...
KOTRsss posted...
They've done pretty awfully with Ivalice ever since FFT and Vagrant Story. I'd prefer they worked on original settings.

THIS and what MagnaderAlpha said.

People like TC don't get it. XII and all its spinoffs (Tactics series, Vagrant Story, etc.) by being set in Ivalice are by default rendered canon, despite being hundreds of years apart. If XVI was set in Ivalice that would basically make it a sequel/prequel to XII which IS NOT what FF should be doing (*glares over at the stupid VII, X/X-2 connection*). Sequels, hell even compilations like FF VII compilation and FNC are fine IMO, but when separate mainline titles start being in the same canon setting/story/world, then we have a problem that breaks what FF should be about, which is something new each game.

So leave Ivalice the hell alone people. It's already been in enough games, one that isn't even titled FF. What the series needs is new worlds and settings that can potentially be just as fleshed out as Ivalice

Vagrant Story and FFT isn't a FF12 spinoff, derp.
---
~Official Agni of FF15
#42MagnaderAlphaPosted 7/30/2013 8:25:34 AM
AgnisFFXVosophy posted...
zombie_basher13 posted...
KOTRsss posted...
They've done pretty awfully with Ivalice ever since FFT and Vagrant Story. I'd prefer they worked on original settings.

THIS and what MagnaderAlpha said.

People like TC don't get it. XII and all its spinoffs (Tactics series, Vagrant Story, etc.) by being set in Ivalice are by default rendered canon, despite being hundreds of years apart. If XVI was set in Ivalice that would basically make it a sequel/prequel to XII which IS NOT what FF should be doing (*glares over at the stupid VII, X/X-2 connection*). Sequels, hell even compilations like FF VII compilation and FNC are fine IMO, but when separate mainline titles start being in the same canon setting/story/world, then we have a problem that breaks what FF should be about, which is something new each game.

So leave Ivalice the hell alone people. It's already been in enough games, one that isn't even titled FF. What the series needs is new worlds and settings that can potentially be just as fleshed out as Ivalice

Vagrant Story and FFT isn't a FF12 spinoff, derp.

Vagrant Story acknowledges itself to take place in a world that links it to FFT. It's not a true spinoff, but has some links/references that attaches itself TO a spinoff. FFT IS a spinoff. Not of FFXII in particular, but of the FF series in general. FFT is like Crystal Chronicles and 4 Heroes of Light(and hell, Type-0). They are all spinoff series that do their own thing not directly related to the MAIN FF series(mainline installments), but still use some concepts of FF lore.
#43FreshSushiPosted 7/30/2013 8:54:20 PM
Ivalice without matsuno would be game of thrones without martin. I'd rather they stick to making **** worlds with **** characters with **** dialogue and **** plot.
---
Miyazaki...Seriously Namco....why....wwaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiii
2014: DS II, The Evil Within, Ultra SSF4
#44MagnaderAlphaPosted 7/30/2013 9:12:21 PM
I believe an Matsuno-less Ivalice can be done, but I don't believe Square has the talent to continue stories on. I mean, Toriyama did Revenant Wings, and it was rather weak as an Ivalice game was concerned. They need a better writer, someone who understands what Matsuno was getting at, who loves and respects that kind of "world" and is willing to contribute to it in a similar fashion without trying to "change it" to their own vision of what it should be.
#45FireMage7777Posted 7/30/2013 9:12:55 PM
FFT: best storyline in an FF game
FFTA/FFTA2: 2nd best combat system, Viera
FF12: best combat system, Viera

Wrong on all three counts
---
"That challenge guy" from The Legend Of Dragoon board
Like nerdy talk? http://w11.zetaboards.com/Keepers_Of_The_Chair/index/
#46FinalFantazyv2Posted 7/30/2013 9:58:38 PM
I prefer x's combat system however 12 was fun. Ta was a fun game as well. Ivalice is interesting but it presents a more realistic final fantasy setting. I like the fantasy final fantasy setting.

I think xv is gonna trump all other ff games gameplay wise though. With nomura behind the wheel and producing a successful, fun series in kingdom hearts it should prove to be exciting. Plus noctus is probably the coolest looking main character design I've seen. Hopefully his skills and personality can match it.
---
Oh. Well. Alright.
#47boman5000Posted 7/31/2013 12:36:20 AM

Had no idea WTH was going on with FFT's storyline. Ever.
#48AgnisFFXVosophy(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2013 9:40:50 PM
boman5000 posted...

Too complex for you.
---
~Official Agni of FF15
#49boman5000Posted 7/31/2013 10:59:25 PM
boman5000 posted...

Too complex for you.

Meh. More likely: it was a poorly delivered, mistranslated pile of mishmash story-garbage *shrug*. Gameplay was fun, though.
#50Pirate_BalthierPosted 7/31/2013 11:09:59 PM
boman5000 posted...
boman5000 posted...

Too complex for you.

Meh. More likely: it was a poorly delivered, mistranslated pile of mishmash story-garbage *shrug*. Gameplay was fun, though.

Yeah...it was too complex for you.
---
http://d22dmam3ig6p12.cloudfront.net/media/pics/art_9164_id_1.jpeg
I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.