Your opinion on Tetsuya Nomura?

#1HipsterManPrimePosted 7/30/2013 1:24:25 PM
I find this guy to be a genius in the art and design department, however, I find him to be excellent in the plot and and idea department as well. But Nomura does seem to get carried away sometimes when it comes to plot (take the KH spin off games for example.)

In all, from all the Hamlet and the Romeo & Juliet references this game is already having I think we're in for a massive treat. The FF XV sequels might suffer though....

Your thoughts on Tetsuya Nomura?
---
Nintendo + Sony = Gamer's Paradise.
#2Jehuty726Posted 7/30/2013 1:29:32 PM
He is amazing, his ambitious is strong. He is able to keep the promise that were made a long time ago.
---
http://www.change.org/petitions/sega-bring-guardian-heroes-hd-to-psn
Final Fantasy XV trailer was so awesome....I love you, Nomura..
#3RomangeloPosted 7/30/2013 1:35:42 PM
an ok character designer (only under other people control).

terrible story writer.

terrible concept designer.

terrible fashion sense.

terrible character designer when he's on his own.
---
X > V > T > XII > VI > XIII-2 > Type-0 > VIII > VII > X-2 > TLR > XIII > IV > IX > II > III > I > XV
#4LitanePosted 7/30/2013 1:37:23 PM
Over fond of pretty boys and convoluted, pretentious plots. He can make likeable characters and some of his designs are very good though. I'm interested to see if he can deliver something with more substance, a little bit more grounded and mature. I'm not his biggest fan, but I'm willing to give him a chance.
---
To call for hands from above to lean on, wouldn't be good enough for me
F*** You Got Mine. Ellie <3
#5GoombacrusherPosted 7/30/2013 1:49:10 PM
I like his ambition when it comes to game design, but his character designs are absurd. Luckily I have no problem giggling at them and then moving on
---
King of the Zelda: A Link Between Worlds Board
http://i.minus.com/is83Deybz1eyw.gif
#6FuzWuz_v2Posted 7/30/2013 1:51:44 PM
Creator of Kingdom Hearts. Amazing talent.

People don't like his character designs, but no one can deny that the characters from VII, VIII, X, and XIII are immensely popular in part thanks to him.
---
www.youtube.com/user/FuzWuz
^^My YouTube account. Please go there and support it. Fangirls appreciated. Thank you.
#7ThamauturgePosted 7/30/2013 1:53:48 PM(edited)
He created one of my favorite series of all time, Kingdom Hearts, and makes those games ridiculously fun to play. For the most part I like his character designs for his own game. The stuff he made for FFX and FFXIII was utter crap though. Noctis, Ansem, Xemnas, Master Xehanort, Vanitas, and Ignis make up for it though.
---
Official Wiegraf Folles of the FFXV board
Playing: Silent Hill Downpour, SoulCalibur V, Devil May Cry Collection------- PSN: Thamauturge
#8MysteryVeilPosted 7/30/2013 2:17:14 PM
He's amazing. Absolutely love everything he's done. :)
---
Currently playing Tales of Rebirth.
One year anniversary! MysteryVeil and eixeeee. October 27, 2012.
#9SaydeWindsaurPosted 7/30/2013 2:24:56 PM
I can't say I'm happy with everything he's done, but I can't help but be a fan regardless. From KH, to Dissidia, to FFXV, he's been the main man in charge of all the games I've anticipated the most from SE over the last 8 years or so.
#10KOTRsssPosted 7/30/2013 2:26:52 PM
Honestly I havent seen him produce a single well written game other than KH1. All of the compilation and subsequent KH titles have been more or less awful.
---
Gamefaqs has taught us that academic fields like literature don't exist because of teenagers that say "well that's just your opinion and I disagree."