POLL: Strongest FF villain?

#1Traptin3daysPosted 7/31/2013 4:13:38 AM
Who is the strongest? - Results (286 votes)
Garland
4.9% (14 votes)
The Emperor
3.15% (9 votes)
Cloud of Darkness
1.75% (5 votes)
Golbez
2.8% (8 votes)
Exdeath
10.49% (30 votes)
Kefka
22.38% (64 votes)
Sephiroth
22.38% (64 votes)
Ultimecia
13.64% (39 votes)
Kuja
9.79% (28 votes)
Other. Please comment
8.74% (25 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I apologize that I couldn't include a villain from every game; I wanted an "other" option. "Other" is for any villain in any FF game that is not one of the 9 named characters.

Keep in mind that this is about the strongest; not your favorite villain or anything. Everything they can do in canon should be reconsidered whilst voting. I won't participate since I have only played two FFs and some spin-offs.

I hope that this can be hold in a civilized manner and not end up like a youtube comment war. c:
---
With you my love, with you my love I will return!
#2Traptin3days(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2013 5:13:25 AM
So Sephy has gotten some votes; is it bias or the truth? Care to elaborate on why Sephy is the strongest of all?
---
#3BlackDra90nPosted 7/31/2013 5:24:35 AM
Doesn't Ultimecia just straight up beat everyone one on one? With no one to "remember" the other person, they just get absorbed into time.
---
Roooaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
#4gamingratPosted 7/31/2013 5:37:26 AM
Sephiroth and Kuja are two of the most powerfull. however my vote goes to Ultimecia because while the other two destroy planets, she destroys time
---
GT:gamingrat91
Final Fantasy IV is the best in the series
#5zoogelioPosted 7/31/2013 5:40:40 AM
Strongest as in most powerful? Hardest to take down in a fight? Most effective in doing damage to the world?
#6RX0megaPosted 7/31/2013 5:44:02 AM
lmao at Sephiroth getting the most votes. Seems nobody is actually paying attention to the part where this isn't supposed to be who you like the most, but who is genuinely more powerful.

Anyway, on-topic I voted Other, aka Caius Ballad from XIII-2. People love to bash the XIII games, and they do indeed have a great many flaws, but Caius was easily one of the strongest villains I've seen in a FF game. Guy literally was immortal, hell he was practically on the same sort of level as a god. And unlike most FF villains he literally completely wins the game too. Normally the villain at most does something horrible, then gets beaten at the end of the game. Not Caius, he instead won..

Caius was pretty much created to be the Aizen of Final Fantasy. As such that pretty much makes him the strongest, hell in the first five minutes of the game he does what Sephiroth spent most of VII trying to accomplish.

And no, me calling him the Aizen of FF isn't meant to be a compliment.
---
Official Piplup of the Pokemon X board
Remember folks, every Nintendo system ever was doomed. But the Wii U is doomed for sure!!
#7ThamauturgePosted 7/31/2013 5:45:12 AM
Oops, I thought he meant strongest as in, the best of the villains in our opinion. Oh well.
---
Official Wiegraf Folles of the FFXV board
Playing: Silent Hill Downpour, SoulCalibur V, Devil May Cry Collection------- PSN: Thamauturge
#8BaconPancakesPosted 7/31/2013 5:47:05 AM
Traptin3days posted...
So Sephy has gotten some votes; is it bias or the truth? Care to elaborate on why Sephy is the strongest of all?

A bit of both. I'm the only one who has voted Kuja so far as he has the ability to take over massive military along with casting Ultima in FFIX. Supernova is all that anybody can argue for Sephiroth's case.
---
I'm not man enough...to be human.
#9Traptin3days(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2013 6:20:26 AM
Thamauturge posted...
Oops, I thought he meant strongest as in, the best of the villains in our opinion. Oh well.

Noo~ T-T
Keep in mind that this is about the strongest; not your favorite villain or anything.

zoogelio posted...
Strongest as in most powerful? Hardest to take down in a fight? Most effective in doing damage to the world?

Most powerful.
---
#10maxxxximumPosted 7/31/2013 6:30:40 AM
Depends on what you mean by "strong". I'm going by every villain's vanilla forms here.

The strongest villain physically is Sephiroth. He can cut through skyscrapers and blocking a simple downward swing from him will destroy the ground under your feet. He can cut through the massive hard metal of the Junon Cannon like butter.

Destructive capability wise. Golbez is a powerful Warlock who can throw out devastating spells. So can Exdeath though. Cloud of Darkness too. I don't know who the strongest spellcaster is going by base forms. Probably CoD considering she's a deity. Exdeath after absorbing the Void is the most destructively powerful though.

Danger wise. Ultimecia maybe. Time Compression, nuff said.. Kuja, Eald'Narche and the Emperor are also both extremely dangerous due to their intelligence and high level of magic power too. Vayne is also extremely intelligent but lacks the magic power to compliment it. Dysley is dangerous by nature as a Fal'Cie. The fact that he has control of the life support of the human race is also dangerous. Nael Van Darnus is also dangerous since he has a large army at his command who pretty much worship him and is himself a powerful warrior with access to powerful weapons technology.

Kefka was a pretty capable mage, but nothing special. He's top tier after absorbing the world's magic and becoming a god, but he really only got that opportunity due to luck. In his vanilla form, he is probably the least dangerous villain.

Garland is Chaos so.......who knows.
---
Stop your ignorance of Final Fantasy XI's awesome story. See it here.
http://ffxicutscenes.blogspot.com/