POLL: What's your most favorite NES FF & why?

#1zoogelioPosted 8/7/2013 9:36:09 PM
What NES FF is your most favorite? - Results (71 votes)
Final Fantasy I
32.39% (23 votes)
Final Fantasy II
29.58% (21 votes)
Final Fantasy III
38.03% (27 votes)
This poll is now closed.
The NES FFs rarely top polls because of the distance in time and technological progression so I decided to ask, which FF on the NES is your favorite and why? It might also help to list the 3 NES FFs (if you played them) in order from your favorite to least favorite.
#2ExdeathVoidLordPosted 8/7/2013 9:50:52 PM
I guess I'd go with the first one. II had some semblance of story that I lacked, but I didn't care for how the game handled stat growth. III is a technically better game, but it feels sort of like a waste of time to play since V is similar to it and overshadows it in every way.
---
The Official Exdeath of the Internet.
http://i.imgur.com/Vgmi3.gif
#3donkeyjackPosted 8/7/2013 11:28:11 PM
FF3 because the intro, music, and the gameplay was the best.

The story was solid but not better than FF2.
---
KH1>>>>>FF7.
#4zoogelio(Topic Creator)Posted 8/8/2013 6:50:37 PM
I voted FFIII. It smoothed over the rough spots gameplay-wise from FFI & FFII (mainly targetting stupidity), had a lot of variety for a NES game (i.e. number of job classes), some nice, large dungeons with visual variability (i.e. Flame Cave, Hyne's Castle, Cave of Darkness, Temple of Time, etc). And while I enjoy the old school difficulty, giant packs of enemies, FFIII is the first game that tends to bring enemy pack size to the SNES levels, which makes dungeons less grueling (they seem to compensate for it with longer dungeons or having more mazes). They also avoided the cheap tricks like pick-a-door, 3 are traps from FFII. FFIII also feels like an epic adventure, with some amazing locales (Floating Continent, crystal tower, shrinking down to enter the innards of a temple or a tiny passageway, Cave of Darkness), several airships and secluded towns. Except for a few locations (like Sky Castle, Sunken Temple, some caves), many FFI-II locales were less amazing.
#5CelesColeVIPosted 8/8/2013 11:11:09 PM
FFIII because of the gameplay at the time and the music is amazing.
---
January 25th 2006, Nintendo denies that a redesigned DS is in the making.
January 26th 2006, DS Lite announced.
#6PrinceSquarePosted 8/9/2013 5:43:27 AM
I would have to say III. The job system was fun as well as the customization.
---
FF: VII>XII>IX>VI>VIII=X>XIII>V>III>I>IV imo <( '.' )> CP: Bayonetta
#7Weltall548Posted 8/9/2013 6:15:43 AM
II because it has a plot.
---
PSN: Fantasy_473
Nintendo Network ID: Xenoblade165
#8FF_FinisherPosted 8/9/2013 6:47:50 AM
Weltall548 posted...
II because it has a plot.

---
Life is a cosmic giggle on the breath of the universe 1-28-13
#9maxxxximumPosted 8/9/2013 10:09:51 AM
Going by original NES versions, III. Going by the best versions of the first 3, II.
---
Stop your ignorance of Final Fantasy XI's awesome story. See it here.
http://ffxicutscenes.blogspot.com/
#10zoogelio(Topic Creator)Posted 8/9/2013 2:50:07 PM
Glad to see FFII has a fanbase and isn't entirely an outcast.