POLL: What's your most favorite PS1 FF and why?

#1zoogelioPosted 8/14/2013 3:04:44 AM
Which PS1 FF is your most favorite? - Results (74 votes)
Final Fantasy VII
40.54% (30 votes)
Final Fantasy VIII
13.51% (10 votes)
Final Fantasy IX
33.78% (25 votes)
Final Fantasy Tactics
12.16% (9 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Onto the next generation, the one it seems a huge chunk of the fanbase started out with. What's your favorite PS1 gen FF and why?
#2ShinGundamPosted 8/14/2013 3:13:55 AM
All of them excluding Tactics( It was my first FF but i didn't finish it). I love the way they structured areas, it felt closer to adventure games in terms of maps but big and varied like an RPG. FFVII featured an unprecedented number of bathrooms in towns area. XD
#3KOTRsssPosted 8/14/2013 3:30:14 AM
FFVII. I really love the setting and general atmosphere of the game. I think it creates a very strong cast of characters that all have powerful ties to the plot, and on the whole the game is very consistent with the themes that it explores.

FFVIII was sort of a fun acid trip, but when you look back in it you have to cringe a bit.

FFIX might have been able to surpass FFVII in my book if it had maintained its momentum from the first couple of discs, but it fell off towards the end big time.

FFT was fantastic, but it's a really odd duck. I dont know that the experience can really be replicated just through quality content.
---
Gamefaqs has taught us that academic fields like literature don't exist because of teenagers that say "well that's just your opinion and I disagree."
#4DragoonGriffithPosted 8/14/2013 3:34:24 AM
I might give it to FFVII solely because I think it had the best pacing, and because FFIX's battle system is growing more and more tedious on me with each year.

Also, first FF.
---
Sakuraba's best in a long time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYGwEDMcMIY
http://i.imgur.com/Lom3UsN.gif
#5LitanePosted 8/14/2013 4:26:18 AM
VII for much the same reasons as KOTRsss mentioned. Other than a couple of characters and the story dip in Disc 2 (and those damn flashbacks on repeat playthroughs) I love it. IMO it's as trippy and unsettling as FF gets, mainly due to the Blade Runner influence and mad science theme. It also has my personal favourite FF soundtrack.

Tbh even if I found FFVII to be mediocre I would probably prefer it to the other two. VIII was my first so according to Final Fantasy Law I should love it but I don't and I never did. I don't know what happened with IX. I remember liking it when I first played it but when I tried to replay it years ago I lasted 3 hours before giving up. I lasted longer with VIII and I played through FFXIII fully twice.....

If it wasn't for FFVII I would consider the PS1 era the weakest after the NES.
---
To call for hands from above to lean on, wouldn't be good enough for me
F*** You Got Mine. Ellie <3
#6Valcrist_Mk2Posted 8/14/2013 5:39:59 AM
I dunno, I liek them all equally and they are all special to me in a way. Even VIII.
---
Yasunori Mitsuda > Nobuo Uematsu.
Disagree? Well, you are allowed to be wrong.
#7TiaelPosted 8/14/2013 5:41:58 AM
FFIX, story, cast, music, world, and don't really mind the battle system, and then when I get Auto-Haste..
All are enjoyable though.
---
Currently playing: Tales of Xillia, Shin Megami Tensei IV, Final Fantasy III, Bioshock Infinite, Tales of Graces f
-Dragon Quest is the best
#8MalakTawusPosted 8/14/2013 5:46:01 AM
FFVII.

Tactics is also great, but i have difficulties to put it together with other FF, it's a completely different genre.
---
"Remember, you can make anything as idiot-proof as you want, they'll just build a better idiot...."
#9HolystarPosted 8/14/2013 6:19:54 AM
Not sure why, but unlike about everybody else, I enjoyed FFVIII the most out of those four... and overpowering my charas thanks to the junction system was even more fun!
---
Currently playing: Tales of Xillia 2 (PS3, JP)
Most wanted: Mass Effect 4 (X1, US), Star Ocean 5 (PS4?, JP) ^_^
#10maxxxximumPosted 8/14/2013 6:35:14 AM
It's a really hard choice between VII and IX for me, but I'm gonna have to go with IX. I just really loved the setting and the characters.
---
Stop your ignorance of Final Fantasy XI's awesome story. See it here.
http://ffxicutscenes.blogspot.com/