FFXV will not sell well in the West

#1BkzIzuPosted 8/26/2013 4:27:45 PM
If you haven't noticed but the game's protagonist and party is basically a jpop band and there's only a single woman in the game. The game is a sausage basically and no average joe would want to buy it.
#2theofficefan99Posted 8/26/2013 4:32:43 PM
-Settings based on real-life locations
-Action RPG combat
-Final Fantasy

that's already enough to ensure success.

-Excellent CGI
-The potential of online/multiplayer
-Big world to explore
-More party members than just Ignis, Gladiolus, Noctis and Prompto (in fact, already confirmed, and already hinted that females will be on their way)
-Excellent, appealing music

And there's probably a lot more I can come up with but eh.

This game will definitely sell well.

And Nomura already confirmed there are more female characters than just Stella, the dragoon lady, and the black haired lady. So troll harder.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#3BkzIzu(Topic Creator)Posted 8/26/2013 4:35:11 PM
You're seriously telling me guys would want to play as a feminine looking guy?
http://images.wikia.com/finalfantasy/images/f/f0/Noctis-render.png
While there's not a single playable female and your entire party looks a jpop boy band? Yeah I'm sure people will be lining up to buy this /sarcasm

I thought Square would have learned their lesson that jpop band games don't sell well with X-2.
#4RasukouPosted 8/26/2013 4:48:55 PM
I'm waiting for Noctis to belt out his revenge aria.

East and West have different perceptions of masculine beauty, by the way.
#5DanahellPosted 8/26/2013 4:50:16 PM
BkzIzu posted...

They've been playing as them for the past 20 + years, I don't see why they wouldn't now...
---
American beer is like making love in a canoe. It's ****ing close to water
#6BkzIzu(Topic Creator)Posted 8/26/2013 4:52:10 PM
Danahell posted...
BkzIzu posted...

They've been playing as them for the past 20 + years, I don't see why they wouldn't now...

You're right, other FF games do have feminine looking guys like Tidus but unlike FFXV the ENTIRE party isn't consisted of them. You have guys like Wakka and Auron and not to mention there's females in the group as well.
#7DanahellPosted 8/26/2013 4:59:39 PM
I dunno, i don't think Gladiolus or Ignis look effeminate, Ignis is good looking but that doesn't equal to effeminate. And to be honest I don't think that many people in the west would care much anyways.
---
American beer is like making love in a canoe. It's ****ing close to water
#8v0yag3rPosted 8/26/2013 5:16:05 PM
FPS games like COD aren't sausage-fests?

If one is too insecure to play as "effeminate" Noctis, then one should do quite a bit of self-examination with oneself and grow up.
---
Relinquish your pain unto me.
#9SoulMikeYPosted 8/26/2013 5:19:51 PM
Lol, you contradict yourself. If any american male wants to play as a female, something's wrong. And who really gives a f*** about what the dudes look like, have you played Nier?

Probably not, cause there isn't a playable female huh? Plus you've got it backwards, America loves open-ness and ARPG's, Japan likes acting like they're 16 until they're 60 and playing as females.

Maybe you should talk to "real" people before you "analyze" sales next time. People like you and people on the Internet are not the majority. Example, I have NEVER heard someone say they like Lady Gaga. But yet she's one of the best selling artists in recent years... Coincidence? Or Internet dwellers?
#10BuckeyeTibaPosted 8/26/2013 5:20:42 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]