FFXV will not sell well in the West

#41DarkFlip22Posted 8/27/2013 5:50:18 AM
Never thought the a game would be judged by character appearances. If you are not buying this game because of the the trolley TC said then GOOD, one less moron out of the picture.
---
Down+Down-Forward+Forward+Punch = "The Hadouken"
#42vahn65Posted 8/27/2013 7:22:54 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApsBI06qGhY

Don't generalize people dude you look stupid.
#43BkzIzu(Topic Creator)Posted 8/27/2013 8:33:06 AM
Leagult posted...
Remember when people thought KH wouldn't sell?

Kingdom Hearts had Disney characters in it, most people at that time had bought it because of that. Movies from their childhood. and cartoon were in a game.
FFXV is nothing like that.
#44MetalKeiyaPosted 8/27/2013 9:31:23 AM
BkzIzu posted...
If you haven't noticed but the game's protagonist and party is basically a jpop band and there's only a single woman in the game. The game is a sausage basically and no average joe would want to buy it.

*ehem*

1. We saw effectively 5% or less of the entire game. Your argument of 'not having girls' is invalid based on that fact. Also known as the 'Never Trust a Trailer' Clause.

2. Final Fantasy, for all of its beautiful art, which is unorthodox by Western standards (all FF artists, no exception), sells impressively well in the West. We have two decades of VGChartz data to support that claim.

3. If a game being 'sausage' (sic) is a problem that no 'average joe' would buy it, then games like Modern Warfare, God of War, Battlefield, Killzone, Infamous and similar top-selling AAA games would have been unable to sell at least one copy based on that argument.

Based on the evidence above, I hereby move to claim your post as invalid, and sentence you to replying to my commentary in an agitated manner.
---
These boards are a prime example of Why The Fandom Can't Have Nice Things.
#45XenilPosted 8/27/2013 9:43:28 AM
Isn't FF still the biggest selling JRPG in the west? I don't think that's going to changing anytime soon.
#46KOTRsssPosted 8/27/2013 12:42:36 PM
The new face of Loreal:

http://s3.gamefreaks.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Cor-Leonis-FFXV.jpg
---
Gamefaqs has taught us that academic fields like literature don't exist because of teenagers that say "well that's just your opinion and I disagree."
#47theofficefan99Posted 8/27/2013 12:48:26 PM
Xenil posted...
Isn't FF still the biggest selling JRPG in the west? I don't think that's going to changing anytime soon.

RPG period
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#48Panda_KunPosted 8/27/2013 1:15:38 PM
Americans.
---
TGS 2013 Wishlist: Grandia IV, Dark Cloud III, Persona 5, Star Ocean V, FF XV.
- http://steamcommunity.com/id/fueledbyrice/
#49SugarBoogersPosted 8/27/2013 1:39:19 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
Xenil posted...

RPG period

pokemon
---
"The real Liquid died still born, Decoy Octopus took up Liquid's identity by climbing into Eva and pretending to be an embryo." - RomeoMinola
#50BkzIzu(Topic Creator)Posted 8/27/2013 1:40:35 PM
Xenil posted...

No, pokemon stomps it.