Game looks amazing!

#1sk00pPosted 9/11/2013 6:44:40 AM
too bad the gameplay looks awful, FF died when they took out turn based battles.
---
[[ TimeSplittersFaithful ]]
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BI82Ji1CAAAcph4.jpg
#2PonymoneyPosted 9/11/2013 7:15:15 AM
The game looks great! Too bad we fans here at the board have to see the same complaints every day. The versus board died when it got renamed.

... :(
#3RagirothPosted 9/11/2013 7:44:58 AM
Action RPG>>Turn Based

IMO
---
http://z8.invisionfree.com/Final_Chase_Zone/index.php?
PSN-Ragiroth
#4Graham_ChapmanPosted 9/11/2013 7:55:27 AM
sk00p posted...
too bad the gameplay looks awful, FF died when they took out turn based battles.

So... FF died after Final Fantasy III?
---
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." - Voltaire
#5SoulMikeYPosted 9/11/2013 7:55:38 AM
sk00p posted...

Lol, we forgive your ignorant statements. Just buy it when it comes out and STFU!

I should do talk shows for fools like this... talk them off the edge... the deep side... where there's concrete... splat!
#6Sacred_ArfaidPosted 9/11/2013 7:56:15 AM
Graham_Chapman posted...
sk00p posted...

So... FF died after Final Fantasy III?

So you're a purist.
#7gamewarrior88Posted 9/11/2013 8:00:02 AM(edited)
The idea that a franchise dies because game play changes is either one that comes from supreme nostalgia or just someone who is close-minded. Many franchises have had moments where changes have occurred in game play mechanics and have found new life and popularity afterwards. Look no further than the Castlevania series, which found many new fans and admirers, including myself, when Symphony of the Night was released. The important things are that the game is actually good: it has characters that are great and ones that we want to follow and care about, has game play that is fun and engaging (both action and turn based can have that), takes place in a world that envelops you and has an identity, has music that is moving, captivating, and memorable, and involves a story that we want to see to it's conclusion.

It is okay if certain aspects aren't to your liking (hey, everyone is entitled to their opinions), but just because things change doesn't mean that Final Fantasy, or any franchise for that matter, will die. That will only happen if the franchise no longer has titles being made and/or those important things I discussed earlier are forgotten or not seen as important anymore.
---
Mega Man co-creator Keiji Inafune has a new project, "Mighty no. 9". Find out more here: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/mighty-no-9
#8TehAssasinPosted 9/11/2013 8:20:34 AM
http://i.imgur.com/5gf9tlh.jpg
---
Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC. It's happening.
#9rapius002Posted 9/11/2013 9:36:41 AM(edited)
sk00p posted...

So I guess Metroid died when Metroid Prime came out. The Legend of Zelda died after the first game when they added experience points, side scrolling, towns, magic, and RPG mechanics into Zelda II. Castlevania died before SotN came out. Splinter Cell died when they made Conviction. Donkey Kong died when it moved to a 3D open world game. Warcraft died when it became an MMO. Metal Gear Solid died when you could recruit members and play online. Resident Evil died when you could control the camera and there was no longer the virus but a parasite. Grand Theft Auto died when it went 3D and changed story structure and missions and abilities, particularly when they added RPG elements in San Andreas.

Oh wait...
#10Sacred_ArfaidPosted 9/11/2013 9:32:14 AM
rapius002 posted...
So I guess Metroid died when Metroid Prime came out. The Legend of Zelda died after the first game when they added experience points, side scrolling, towns, magic, and RPG mechanics into Zelda II. Castlevania died before SotN came out. Splinter Cell died when they made Conviction. Donkey Kong died when it moved to a 3D open world game. Warcraft died when it became an MMO.

Oh wait...

Some of your examples hurt your point.