I want Limit Breaks/Overdrives to make a return!

#1InnerSolacePosted 9/15/2013 3:40:39 PM
It would be cool if the party characters learned Limit Breaks/Overdrives throughout the game again. I don't mean one special ability for each character like what was in XIII, either; I mean several Limit Breaks (like how each character in FFVII had around 4 Limit levels, with several Limit Breaks available to choose from).

It could wind up being real neat with an ARPG form of combat. For example, you choose the Limit Break option in the command menu, and then, providing the character's attack connects to the enemy, a little scene opens up with the character using the chosen Limit Break on his/her foe. They could also be more interactive Limit Breaks again, just like the ones in VIII (like Noctis could have a Renzokuken-type Limit Break as far as button presses are concerned, and maybe even other Limit Breaks with different button inputs and requirements to successfully pull off the special attack).

What do you guys think? I think it would be pretty interesting and awesome for an ARPG like XV.

As long as Noctis gets a Limit Break similar to special attacks such as Omnislash, Renzokuken, Blitz Ace, etc., then I'll love it. I just love those multi-hit Limit Breaks/Overdrives. It feels good being able to deal huge chunks of damage with attacks like that.
---
"Gaming? Booze? Hot girl? HOT DAMN, this is my kind of time!"
Currently playing: Final Fantasy XII. So nostalgic!
#2gamewarrior88Posted 9/15/2013 3:47:42 PM
That would be cool.
---
Mega Man co-creator Keiji Inafune has a new project, "Mighty no. 9". Find out more here: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/mighty-no-9
#3CokaineCowboy77Posted 9/15/2013 3:57:38 PM
There will be limit breaks. There must be. I have a feeling it will be one the teams ideas to bring back the nostalgic feelings.

I want to see those awesome blue electrobolts spurting from the characters, like in FFVIII. That was epic.
---
"When it comes to sex don't test my skills, 'cause my head game got you head over heels" - Lil' Kim
#4InnerSolace(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2013 4:05:22 PM(edited)
CokaineCowboy77 posted...
There will be limit breaks. There must be. I have a feeling it will be one the teams ideas to bring back the nostalgic feelings.

I want to see those awesome blue electrobolts spurting from the characters, like in FFVIII. That was epic.

We can only hope, my friend. We can only hope...
---
#5SaydeWindsaurPosted 9/15/2013 4:26:49 PM
I think this could very well be a limit break:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBilT83Uq4A
Fast forward to 1:47

I imagine them being very similar in use to Sora's special attacks from KH1. No fancy cutscenes or anything of that nature, but definitely a flashy sequence of attacks that can deal a considerable amount of damage if it all connects.

That said, I'd love to be able to target one or more enemies with a limit break that triggers a more cinematic sequence of attacks (reminiscent to Crisis Core).
#6InnerSolace(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2013 4:31:10 PM
SaydeWindsaur posted...

I imagine them being very similar in use to Sora's special attacks from KH1. No fancy cutscenes or anything of that nature, but definitely a flashy sequence of attacks that can deal a considerable amount of damage if it all connects.

That said, I'd love to be able to target one or more enemies with a limit break that triggers a more cinematic sequence of attacks (reminiscent to Crisis Core).

I see. Good eye on that one.

That could very well be something along the lines of what you've described.

I certainly hope that we get a more cinematic set of Limit Breaks, though... Those were always great.
---
#7AshyNutsPosted 9/15/2013 4:53:46 PM
I don't.
I feel for a game to outdo itself it must outdo itself.
LB/OD has been done to death, I wanna see something new.

Maybe instead of a LB, it lets you spam a button and it affects a nearby object to attack the enemy with massive damage like a building or something.
I like my idea not only because its mine but because its also better than what the TC suggested. Sorry TC.
---
Taint of the Final Fantasy fanbase
#8XxVERSUSxXPosted 9/15/2013 7:13:50 PM
SaydeWindsaur posted...

I think he is right. Noctis limit break is probably going to be more like Soras use of Sonic blade and Ars Arcanum. Or possibly even how the drive system works with a quick boost of moment and special moves.
#9rito1995Posted 9/23/2013 8:33:38 AM
I hope SE still keeps the EX-ART concept thingy as a replacement for Limit Break/Overdrive , watch the old trailers if u don't remember it !!
---
Keep calm & wait for FF XV !!!
#10PrinceSquarePosted 9/23/2013 9:39:24 AM
I've always loved limit breaks/overdrives and was dissappointed by the gradual decline occuring around FFX. They seem looked amazing. I would want a more kingdom hearts look where its real time, not cutscenes. But just a general return (not that psuedo-ffxiii limits) would be nice. Now you got me wondering what the ex-art function does.
---
FF: VII>XII>IX>VI>VIII=X>XIII>V>III>I>IV imo
CP: Kingdom Hearts Final Mix