I want Limit Breaks/Overdrives to make a return!

#11Moe_Lester_13Posted 9/23/2013 1:29:37 PM
Only if they happen in real time. Cutscene limits (like in Crisis Core) really break the flow of combat, and for an Action RPG like this, that wouldn't be a good thing. They would need to implement it and keep the flow of battle as fluid and smooth as possible.

Kingdom Hearts 1 esque limit breaks like Sonic, Strike Raid, Ragnarok and Ars Arcanum all worked well, and didn't break the flow of combat. Limits similar to those, except more badass and flashy (though Ars and Ragnarok were highly badass) would fit fine in here.

Again, this is just my opinion.
---
Official Tobi of all Naruto boards- "I'll show you the truth!!"
--Sazh > Tobi > everything else > Yuji Kaido--
#12Sacred_ArfaidPosted 9/23/2013 1:40:37 PM
Moe_Lester_13 posted...
Kingdom Hearts 1 esque limit breaks like Sonic, Strike Raid, Ragnarok and Ars Arcanum all worked well, and didn't break the flow of combat. Limits similar to those, except more badass and flashy (though Ars and Ragnarok were highly badass) would fit fine in here.

Those were limit breaks in that game?
#13Moe_Lester_13Posted 9/23/2013 1:47:57 PM
Sacred_Arfaid posted...
Moe_Lester_13 posted...

Those were limit breaks in that game?

As close as we got.
In KH2 they had much more, and they were.... interesting to say the least. Not to mention gamebreaking. From a practical point of view, KH2 had the "better" ones, but I like the ones from KH1 so much more.
---
Official Tobi of all Naruto boards- "I'll show you the truth!!"
--Sazh > Tobi > everything else > Yuji Kaido--
#14ISECreamPosted 9/23/2013 1:53:53 PM
I wonder if there will be linked attacks like in KH2 with the reaction commands or in the tales games with linked artes?

I can totally see Noctis and Stella performing a sword storm summoning or something to rain down on the enemies.
#15GrecoquantPosted 10/2/2013 11:13:51 PM
AshyNuts posted...
I don't.
I feel for a game to outdo itself it must outdo itself.
LB/OD has been done to death, I wanna see something new.

Maybe instead of a LB, it lets you spam a button and it affects a nearby object to attack the enemy with massive damage like a building or something.
I like my idea not only because its mine but because its also better than what the TC suggested. Sorry TC.

I dont want Limits either. I never enjoyed them in the game.
#16VanilleHopenPosted 10/2/2013 11:30:30 PM
limits were great in ff vii and ff x.. In ff viii they were far to abusive and in ff ix they were too random and not interesting in the slightest...
---
Hope misses Vanille's smile :(.
#17NSGraphitePosted 10/3/2013 12:03:41 AM
I want Limit Breaks in the game to be flashy, cinematic affairs. I certainly hope they bring them back in this one. The lack of cool moves in FFXIII bothered me.
---
http://m.quickmeme.com/meme/3va9jp/
I don't always Troll on the internet. But when I do, I make it the Xbox-One forums...
#18kupo1705Posted 10/3/2013 12:50:46 AM
Limit Breaks return, but they are now called 'cinematic takedown'. You can clear the area of bad guys with a single press of a button while cool things happen on the screen. In order to unlock the final limit break you have to pre order at Gamestop, or wait a week and buy it separately for 10 bucks.
#19TheLazyClownPosted 10/3/2013 5:38:11 PM
Please do.
---
I am the one who knocks! ~ Walter White
https://www.facebook.com/HipsterDrGero
#20InnerSolace(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2013 7:16:02 PM
kupo1705 posted...
Limit Breaks return, but they are now called 'cinematic takedown'. You can clear the area of bad guys with a single press of a button while cool things happen on the screen. In order to unlock the final limit break you have to pre order at Gamestop, or wait a week and buy it separately for 10 bucks.

Lol!

All jokes aside, I really do hope that this game doesn't become a DLC fest.

It's already happened with XIII-2, and is practically happening with Lightning Returns (I think; I haven't been following the game too closely, but I do know about many of the pre-order bonuses, like the Cloud Strife outfit and whatnot). I would hope that we would get all of the content with the already "finished" product.

I don't really have anything against DLC, but I just hate it when games like RPGs lack content that could have already been in the games, and are only added later via DLC. I wouldn't care if the DLC were free, but well...yeah.

I miss the days when there was no DLC. While I do like getting certain DLC from time to time, I feel that it has had a bad influence on gaming more than it has had a good influence. I digress, however! I'm straying a tad off topic here now, aren't I?

Anyway, as stated in my OP, I would personally just love to be able to have interactive Limit Breaks again, like Renzokuken for instance. Overdrives were pretty interactive and fun too; I loved Tidus's, Wakka's, and Auron's Overdrives. Heck, I loved all of them! Well, except for maybe Kimahri's, since his weren't so interactive. I guess Yuna's and Rikku's Overdrives weren't very interactive either, but at least they were cooler than Kimahri's.

Am I straying a bit off topic, again? Hmmm. I guess it's time for me to get some sleep! My mind is just wandering, and I am too tired right now.

I always preferred the more interactive Limit Breaks/Overdrives. I like some of the special abilities in XIII, such as Lightning's Army of One (it's a very Omislash and Renzokuken-esque [in a way] special ability), Vanille's Death, Fang's Highwind, etc., but they just don't have that same "flare" because they're not very interactive.

I guess I would be happy with abilities like Sora's Ars Arcanum, for instance; however I would like something a little more interactive, and yes, I'll say it--flashier than abilities like that.
---
"Gaming? Booze? Hot girl? HOT DAMN, this is my kind of time!"