According to Nomura, FFXV will only use Luminous Studio for lighting and CGI.

#11TruthPosted 9/24/2013 1:49:26 PM
According to a TGS 2013 interview by Dengeki, he said that Luminous Studio can only used is small amount because it's not ready. Instead, FFXV is being primarily made with a custom engine that supports DirectX 11. However, once Luminous Studio is complete, they'll be adding more aspects of it to FFXV, but by that point all the graphics will have been finished, so Luminous Studio will only be used for elements like real-time lighting and also for transferring the CGI scenes by Visual Works to playback in real-time like was done with Agni's Philosophy.

You guys do know what this means, right?

It means that FFXV will not come close to having gameplay graphics on par with the real-time CGI of Agni's Philosophy. I've said it many times before, and I'll say it again, FFXVI by Hiroyuki Ito will be the first FF that 100% uses Luminous Studio and the first FF that has playable CGI graphics.

To think that some FFXV fanboys were trying to convince themselves that the FFXV gameplay graphics would improve to be on par with Agni's Philosophy by the time the game releases. LOL!
---
The Zodiac Brave Theory
A groundbreaking new discovery about the story of Final Fantasy XII. Release: November 2013
#2DragoonGriffithPosted 9/24/2013 1:53:24 PM
And not a single **** was given that day.

And I'm not even overly hyped about FFXV. I just know a Ito topic under disguise when I see one.
---
Playing: ToGf (JP).
#31Truth(Topic Creator)Posted 9/24/2013 1:58:34 PM
DragoonGriffith posted...

And I'm not even overly hyped about FFXV. I just know a Ito topic under disguise when I see one.

I'm just glad that Hiroyuki Ito's FFXVI will be the first FF with gameplay graphics that are equal to the real-time CGI of Agni's Philosophy. It will be the first FF that's truly playable CGI. I just hope they set the game in a Baroque world with ridiculously ornate architecture like FFXII.
---
The Zodiac Brave Theory
A groundbreaking new discovery about the story of Final Fantasy XII. Release: November 2013
#4Lea_MondePosted 9/24/2013 2:03:48 PM
1Truth posted...
DragoonGriffith posted...

I'm just glad that Hiroyuki Ito's FFXVI will be the first FF with gameplay graphics that are equal to the real-time CGI of Agni's Philosophy. It will be the first FF that's truly playable CGI. I just hope they set the game in a Baroque world with ridiculously ornate architecture like FFXII.

Are you familiar with Hiroyuki Ito's work on FF?
---
Wellspring of the Dark.
#5kill_distroyPosted 9/24/2013 2:14:00 PM
Well, you know what they say, Good Graphics does not a good game make.

Don't believe me? look at XIII.
---
Words That Kill
GT: Risev / PSN: RisevQ8
#6DrakoVongola1Posted 9/24/2013 2:17:16 PM
Nobody cares.
---
Official leader of the Illuminati.
#7Cyber_Boy94Posted 9/24/2013 2:19:45 PM
The graphics in the trailers for FFXV were good enough as they were.
---
PSN=Cyber_Boy94
Too lazy to think up something original
#8hyro56Posted 9/24/2013 2:23:42 PM
You know as well as anyone that graphics aren't everything, Galv. You can find more legitimate reasons to dislike this game.
---
"GTA is basically the video game equivalent of trailer trash." ~ Dumbest quote of the Month.
#91Truth(Topic Creator)Posted 9/24/2013 2:33:05 PM
Lea_Monde posted...
Are you familiar with Hiroyuki Ito's work on FF?

Yes, and I have hope that the art direction he has chosen for FFXVI will be like FFIX and FFXII.

Cyber_Boy94 posted...
The graphics in the trailers for FFXV were good enough as they were.

Not by my standards. I expect the gameplay graphics for a proper FF for PS4/One to be equal to Agni's Philosophy.

hyro56 posted...
You know as well as anyone that graphics aren't everything, Galv. You can find more legitimate reasons to dislike this game.

I dislike the fact the playable cast look like a J-Rock band dumped into a semi-Medieval setting. :-(
---
The Zodiac Brave Theory
#10GoombacrusherPosted 9/24/2013 2:33:17 PM
I don't give a f*** about graphics
---
Every time I post on GameFAQs, an angel gets its wings.